Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
TT what website was that on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
The real issue with this thing where you post the whole article text and no link is that I can't judge it by its url

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

Did anyone see this?

Just in case anyone doubted the tenuous grasp on reality the leaders of Big Media have.

I won't carry water for the execs, who are dumb and bad, but D&D are weasels and this reads like them trying to weasel out of the blame for their old series becoming a dumpster fire ahead of the launch of their new series

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i hope their new one flops and i never have to hear from them again. it takes powerful energy to make your final season so bad it time travels into the past to make the whole show crap but they did it.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

uber_stoat posted:

i hope their new one flops and i never have to hear from them again. it takes powerful energy to make your final season so bad it time travels into the past to make the whole show crap but they did it.

I'm annoyed they got Three Body because of how they did GoT dirty, but I'm also relieved that I read that trilogy of books and so it's no major loss.

gently caress 'em.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Some Guy TT posted:

It’s a truth universally acknowledged that women can’t do anything well without a man throwing a fit about it.

https://twitter.com/emiliarxse/status/1760335913593225602?s=46&t=iXLhfzEmnFOZYfQKQ2O7-g

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

ummmm

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I would simply have beaten him to death with my 9 iron

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Had to beat off a lot of guys to get to the top. That's showbiz.

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

loquacius posted:

The real issue with this thing where you post the whole article text and no link is that I can't judge it by its url

Because he got probed for being himself

https://lyz.substack.com/p/stares-in-sir-conan-doyle

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

oh it's a substack. lame but explains a lot about the writing style

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

is it true that the netflix version of avatar tries to make the story less "dated" by removing the storyline about how sexism is bad? lol

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
TT's whole thing is digging up hot takes about identity politics from nobody writers and then syq'ing them. they'll never be anybody prominent because if they were somebody you'd heard of, they'd already be getting roasted by the twitter discourse

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
TT shpuld be destroyed for doing it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Mr Hootington posted:

TT shpuld be destroyed for doing it.

what if he did the same thing but in the format of comic strips containing recipes

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

pasting a lovely article then pushing enter after every letter would require effort

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Those are fine and I know where they come from. It isn't 6 miles of nonsense from some article only he read.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Those are fine and I know where they come from. It isn't 6 miles of nonsense from some article only he read.

There's no way he reads any of the poo poo he posts.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

enjoy your slop chumps I'm watching the real deal

https://twitter.com/TheFilmStage/status/1760702495259599114?t=GxCUD0T77DQ52dhXugdwOQ&s=19

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

do you really have the opportunity to attend that?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

i say swears online posted:

do you really have the opportunity to attend that?

you'll never know the answer

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

holy poo poo

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Blood Boils posted:

Unlikely, the remake was really good, almost as good as the og and vastly better than 2

But I am an aspiring completionist, I should really watch 3

https://x.com/arvofart/status/1744862299310235769?s=46

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Buck Wildman posted:

you'll never know the answer

I'm already after your skin just in case and I've got four months

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

now someone just needs to find the extra 5 hours of Greed

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Release it

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023
if were gonna higher than slop post -

I saw kurosawa's high and low a couple months ago and can't stop thinking about it. drunk enough to :justpost:. Its so freaking good. Maybe his best movie. It's a platonic ideal of a movie, nothing is wasted and so much is done. Motherfucker told three stories but also one whole story.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Late but the country town supermarket near where I was raised had little kid sized trolleys presumably so the kids can zoom around with them and help with the shopping instead of hanging around bored and/or demanding rides in the trolley.

Lol how culture warriors will get mad about literally anything, but I do find there seems to be a theme of them being mad that anything exists that's smaller and sleeker and not maximised, that anything can be less than maximal indulgence and consumption, that there's any implication of restraint, that the option presented to have anything less than the biggest car or the biggest food or the biggest commute is a conspiracy to destroy them. (Of course, completely ignoring poo poo like shrinkflation usually)

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I will not be satisfied until my shopping cart is as wide as the entire aisle and I have to hire an entire crew to man it and retrieve my items from the shelves as we slowly sail through

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Fart's wrong about robo, probably correct about TR that looked p bad

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i recently saw Chinatown and i fuckin loved it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Kit Walker posted:

I will not be satisfied until my shopping cart is as wide as the entire aisle and I have to hire an entire crew to man it and retrieve my items from the shelves as we slowly sail through

mothercart hovering outside the store, mini carts controlled by the hivemind

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Like, I don't think it was ever even that much about penises. Obviously it's about insecurity. But they take personal offense at the idea of options and convenience rather than total indulgence of all things at all times.

i say swears online posted:

mothercart hovering outside the store, mini carts controlled by the hivemind

That's basically the optimal way to keep your kids occupied on a shopping trip, especially if they have those kiddie carts. Carrier has arrived, and needs everyone's favourite cereal.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

Tsitsikovas posted:

if were gonna higher than slop post -

I saw kurosawa's high and low a couple months ago and can't stop thinking about it. drunk enough to :justpost:. Its so freaking good. Maybe his best movie. It's a platonic ideal of a movie, nothing is wasted and so much is done. Motherfucker told three stories but also one whole story.

really really good. i don't usually like video essays but i really enjoyed this one about blocking in high and low:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC8KYm85zig

as many have noted, high and low is very clearly delineated into two halves, which is an interesting way to structure a movie. the part at the end where they hand-color the smoke in a black and white film is really fun and unexpected

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1761244293769871805?s=20

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
they should renake the big lebowski

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

wow

F Stop Fitzgerald