Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Nothing is more consistent in American religion than ideological inconsistency.

It's a tremendous strength.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

TulliusCicero posted:

It's very funny how the Social Contract philosopher they all jack themselves off about, John Locke, would be disgusted with their world view that "all people are evil first"

He got to be paid to live in Hawai'i and he was in Millennium, so gently caress that guy.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

TulliusCicero posted:

I mean, pretty soon no one in the GOP is going to have money

Their fundraising is abysmal, Trump is actively hiding data showing his donor base drying up, the legal fees and fines alone have to be approaching a billion dollars, if not more

If it wasn't for the sheer massive presence and influence and infrastructure of RWM I would say the dems were effectively in a free election, but voting is still crucial, absolutely no complacency

I am curious what the GOP's campaigns look like in the summer when they are heavily in debt and out of money though. Do they just do cheap town halls? Do they even buy commercials?

I've never quite seen a modern major political party just run out of money.

I'm enjoying thinking of it like mercury accumulation in fish or in filter-feeding bottom-dwellers.

All the money gradually sifts from capital into chuds through grifters and Trump until it accumulates in the money reservoir of Lawyers

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

It's just their abusive Dad, that's all it is

Everyone worships the God that, deep down in their heart of hearts, tells them what they already want to hear

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Lol they're so hosed on IVF. There's no way out of it. If an embryo is human it can be murdered, if it isn't a human all their abortion laws collapse.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I was so worried this was going to be a close election and BAM Alabama just outta nowhere.

Edit - Sorry: AlaBAMa. Sorry...

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

VP of Nassau County Young Republicans

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

It'd be real funny if Alabama's dumbest senator did something to make the situation even nuttier.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

redshirt posted:

This happens with new issues or topics, takes a few days for marching orders to get typed up and sent out, and then everyone gets on the same page.

See, I actually think they hosed themselves with this one

They can all bite the bullet and march in unison on a 16 week abortion ban, but IVF is ACTUAL hypocrisy by the GOP if they support it, as if all life begins at conception, then the practice itself is barbaric by their definition.

The grifter Evangelicals love IVF because it creates white babies, the Trad Cath/ Funding loons hate reproductive science AT ALL, and hate Playing God.

There is no talking point/ marching order that will work. The Evangelicals joined with true believer nutjobs, and are now reaping their harvest.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

vaginite posted:

Lol they're so hosed on IVF. There's no way out of it. If an embryo is human it can be murdered, if it isn't a human all their abortion laws collapse.

MikeJ thinking hey maybe we can weasel our way out of this by saying "lol no, we in the GOP all think IVF is a-ok, this Alabama ruling is just making clear that the 2018 law as written is too broad and they'll fix it up legislatively as soon as everyone's back from vacation! Nooo problems here!"

And then out come all the fundies from the woodwork to say "ok no IVF is the devil and so are U if you support it *blows up GOP*"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

MikeJ thinking hey maybe we can weasel our way out of this by saying "lol no, we in the GOP all think IVF is a-ok, this Alabama ruling is just making clear that the 2018 law as written is too broad and they'll fix it up legislatively as soon as everyone's back from vacation! Nooo problems here!"

And then out come all the fundies from the woodwork to say "ok no IVF is the devil and so are U if you support it *blows up GOP*"

Ahem

"We'll leave it up to the states" - GOP

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

vaginite posted:

Someone needs to make some cases on this^

This is the knife in the GOP's argument against abortion

This is how you defang it

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah and thats why it wont go away, the religious nut wing of the party is going all in on it and will drag the rest into either dodging it OR giving some weird compromise poo poo like "leave it up to the states" or etc.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

pro starcraft loser posted:

I was so worried this was going to be a close election and BAM Alabama just outta nowhere.

Edit - Sorry: AlaBAMa. Sorry...

This is a loving gift to Dems, and the GOP took a Bazooka to their balls

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The balls go blam, bamalam
Way down in Alabam, bamalam

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Post ITT eveytime the you see the GOP KO'd VS IVF IN AL, LMFAO

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Like if Abortion and the BERDER were shotguns to their balls and taint, this was a Panzerfaust to their entire lower torso

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

I was trying to make a joke how at least this means less Alabamians who carry this sort of torch but even that state isn't pure Red.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

TulliusCicero posted:

Again, the Gnostic Christians figured out how stupid that loving was back in the 1st century, but they were declared heretics by the other Christians sooooo

It's okay, though, the Gnostics reinvented themselves they're now called Scientologists

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Apollodorus posted:

It's okay, though, the Gnostics reinvented themselves they're now called Scientologists

Eughhhhh

Is there for real a link there?

Like Hubbard was an esoteric Gnostic before that?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
you think this is wild? wait until trump dies and they believe in reincarnation. trump already looks like a baby, there will be a hundred million "trump babies" that look exactly like him!

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

InsertPotPun posted:

you think this is wild? wait until trump dies and they believe in reincarnation. trump already looks like a baby, there will be a hundred million "trump babies" that look exactly like him!

False News Dmitrys

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

TulliusCicero posted:

Eughhhhh

Is there for real a link there?

Like Hubbard was an esoteric Gnostic before that?

Fairly close to that, yes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babalon#Babalon_Working

poo poo's wild.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

VP of Nassau County Young Republicans

...How do these men not realize they are gay as hell?

Like holy poo poo young Republican men do the gayest poo poo ever all time, and post about it constantly, like bro for real, you can't see it?

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 24, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

pro starcraft loser posted:

I was trying to make a joke how at least this means less Alabamians who carry this sort of torch but even that state isn't pure Red.

What state is? What state is "pure" Blue?

There are no such states.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Oh poo poo, I had no idea this ties back into Crowley and his wierd rear end poo poo

So Scientologists are just alien occultists?

I need to read more about this, I had no idea the origins of Scientology were so... predictably stupid honestly.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
18 naked republicans in the showers at CPAC

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

vaginite posted:

You're assuming that they care about being viewed as hypocritical, but they do not. If they really believed that "life begins at conception", then of course they would be required to acknowledge that IVF is as immoral as abortion, but most of them don't really believe that. Abortion is ultimately about punishing women for having sex - we know that, they know that - which is why it's going to be trivially easy for them to support IVF while decrying abortion. Watch all of them come out in support of IVF and continue to support abortion bans, without ever being required to explain the inconsistency. No Republican will ever, ever, ever be punished by their base for being a hypocrite.

In fact, I'd almost go so far as to say that the hypocrisy is the point. Making demands of others that you have no intention of following yourself constitutes a vivid display of power. And that's what they're interested in: power and control over women's reproductive health. Morality has never had anything to do with it.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

redshirt posted:

The only state I have ever thought was a lost cause is Florida

Every other state with the right policy push, the right message, proper funding on the ground, can flip, if gerrymanders are broken.

I include even Alabama and West Virginia in that.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Blurred posted:

You're assuming that they care about being viewed as hypocritical, but they do not. If they really believed that "life begins at conception", then of course they would be required to acknowledge that IVF is as immoral as abortion, but most of them don't really believe that. Abortion is ultimately about punishing women for having sex - we know that, they know that - which is why it's going to be trivially easy for them to support IVF while decrying abortion. Watch all of them come out in support of IVF and continue to support abortion bans, without ever being required to explain the inconsistency. No Republican will ever, ever, ever be punished by their base for being a hypocrite.

In fact, I'd almost go so far as to say that the hypocrisy is the point. Making demands of others that you have no intention of following yourself constitutes a vivid display of power. And that's what they're interested in: power and control over women's reproductive health. Morality has never had anything to do with it.

I would agree with you if it was your typical American Grifter White Supremacist wealthy Evangelicals, their entire prosperity gospel faith is hypocrisy for the sake of social control and power

This is Trad Cath/ and OUT THERE FRINGE QAnon cult poo poo now. They are true believers, like legit insane beliefs. You can't compromise or explain hypocrisy to a whacked out cultist Narcissist, their way is the only way, or you are a heretic.

The Evangelical right brought in/ brought up a group that ACTUALLY believes what they say, and now they've lost control.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 24, 2024

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Wonder what state will be the first to ban the use of condoms. Alabama got a lot of free press now, maybe it’s time for Louisiana to get some of that marketing!

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

redshirt posted:

Yeah, that's why the joke didn't work and people who don't believe this ultra right wing poo poo will suffer.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

I would agree with you if it was your typical American Grifter White Supremacist wealthy Evangelicals, their entire prosperity gospel faith is hypocrisy for the sake of social control and power

This is Trad Cath/ and OUT THERE cult poo poo now. They are true believers, like legit insane beliefs. You can't compromise or explain hypocrisy to a whacked out cultist Narcissist, their way is the only way, or you are a heretic.

The Evangelical right brought in a group that ACTUALLY believes what they say, and now they've lost control.

They’ll hand wave it away as “state’s rights” and clean up the legislation. There’ll be some complaining from the whackos but they’ll ultimately fall in line and lick the boot just like good little Christofascists do

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Largest pro life student group and its founder doubling and tripling down

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Blurred posted:

Yeah I agree that this looks terrible, and especially is bad during an election year. But the idea that conservatives are going to curl up into a corncob because they've been caught out as gasp hypocrites, is loving laughable. They will all say they support IVF, all say they support banning abortions, and other than the absolute crazies, all the conservative and "independent" voters will nod and say 'Seems reasonable to me!' and that's it.

The reason it's somewhat/slightly bad for the GOP is it keeps it in the headlines during an election year when they want to talk about BERDER issues. It's not bad because they're hypocrites, nobody who votes GOP cares at all about that.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

BigglesSWE posted:

Wonder what state will be the first to ban the use of condoms. Alabama got a lot of free press now, maybe it’s time for Louisiana to get some of that marketing!

New Hampshire, "we've gotta be first in the nation on something."

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Pinche Rudo posted:

They’ll hand wave it away as “state’s rights” and clean up the legislation. There’ll be some complaining from the whackos but they’ll ultimately fall in line and lick the boot just like good little Christofascists do

I don't see it happening:

The GOP/ Evangelicals gave them too big a win on abortion, now they want EVERYTHING, they want a theocracy that reinforces their world view, and American Born Again Christianity is about having a get out of sin free card.

These people OBSESS about sin. Have fun being eaten from the inside out GOP.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Sure embryos are children. Why should words mean anything anyways.

The GOPs next policy will be that there are 5 lights when in fact there is only 4.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Largest pro life student group and its founder doubling and tripling down

This^

They raised an entire generation who actually believe their bullshit. The Young True Believers are loving LOONS and are going to keep this up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm reasonably sure that being called a hypocrite would carry about as much weight with a conservative as being called a deplorable.

They'd put it on fuckin t-shirts