Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Whole lotta CTE for nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Please be nice to my fast large sons.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Can't believe he's a Ranger but I love Rempe

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Deslauriers got some good shots in for fighting a guy that much bigger than him

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

holy poo poo lol what a fight

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
That was a helluva fight, HOWEVER, I loving hate these fights between two guys that were whispering and giggling to each other during warmups about how they were gonna fight. And then they just drop the gloves when they happen to be on the ice at the same time.

I’m a fan of fighting in hockey. I’m not a fan of this “pre-planned” fighting poo poo. A hockey fight should be between two guys that loving hate each other and want to murder each other

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

OldSenileGuy posted:

That was a helluva fight, HOWEVER, I loving hate these fights between two guys that were whispering and giggling to each other during warmups about how they were gonna fight. And then they just drop the gloves when they happen to be on the ice at the same time.

I’m a fan of fighting in hockey. I’m not a fan of this “pre-planned” fighting poo poo. A hockey fight should be between two guys that loving hate each other and want to murder each other

nah if two guys wanna have fun let them have fun

the only stuff to worry about are head injuries and possibly being a bad influence on kids. but if two guys are just like "hey you wanna go let's do it" "yeah!" that's kinda nice and friendly honestly

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

OldSenileGuy posted:

The exception is pre-planned fights between two guys that loving hate each other and want to murder each other.

Example: Lemieux v McCarty Round 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFt5wvKr3FM

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fawning deference posted:

Can't believe he's a Ranger but I love Rempe

The whole injuring the other teams best players on purpose as a way to win games is pretty poo poo. It was poo poo when Stevens did it and it's poo poo now. They should get it out of the game.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

mcmagic posted:

The whole injuring the other teams best players on purpose as a way to win games is pretty poo poo. It was poo poo when Stevens did it and it's poo poo now. They should get it out of the game.

Sure but 12 year old me is smiling

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
watching a guy that would have gotten chased through the woods by villagers with torches and pitchforks 1,000 years ago fight another guy while balancing on knives is fun

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah, because beating the 2023-2024 St. Louis Bkues is a huge accomplishment.

Leafs beat them the first game of Rielly’s suspension with Tavares and Marner out and Nylander glued to the toilet between periods and I have never seen an NHL team so checked out. Even the bad teams are playing for pride, the Blues just seemed like they didn’t want to be there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All the Trump judgements probably got them feeling pretty deflated.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Martin, Bastian, and Deslauries, the best players on their respective teams.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

LMBO if Rempe got that goal

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Matt Zerella posted:

LMBO if Rempe got that goal

It went off his knee lol

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
This guy is basically the movie Goon but for real

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

WeaponX posted:

Martin, Bastian, and Deslauries, the best players on their respective teams.

Trouba tried it the in playoffs last year and did actually knock Meier out of the series. Still got his rear end sent home.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Trouba tried in the in playoffs last year and did actually knock Meier out of the series. Still got his rear end sent home.

Who is talking about Trouba? Anyway, good luck in the playoffs this year…oh…wait…..

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

We'll see what happens with the rest of the Devils' season but it's very funny that Ranger fans need to talk their poo poo in Feburary because you know as well as I do that they will eat massive helpings of poo poo in May like they always do.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

mcmagic posted:

We'll see what happens with the rest of the Devils' season but it's very funny that Ranger fans need to talk their poo poo in Feburary because you know as wlel as I do they will eat massive helpings of poo poo in May like they always do.

February, famously not part of the hockey season.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Trouba tried it the in playoffs last year and did actually knock Meier out of the series. Still got his rear end sent home.

Trouba? who’s Trouba?

Oh you mean Rempe Jr.

Got it.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Rangers win 10 in a row but unfortunately it’s February so we can’t celebrate. Shame.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
It's annoying that goons have come back.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I agree, all of these posts are bad.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Rempe has tied Goodrow in goals.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
And Mika in 5v5 goals in calendar year 2024 :cry:

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIČRE IN ME
What a poo poo effort and game by the rangers but lol Rempe

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/ginohard_/status/1761547418997301721?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Starting to see why Cousins usually just turtles after throwing a bad hit

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
https://x.com/GinoHard_/status/1761565852749758550?s=20

Rocks

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://x.com/ginohard_/status/1761547418997301721?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Starting to see why Cousins usually just turtles after throwing a bad hit

Good to see that rat get what's comin to him

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Ginette Reno posted:

Good to see that rat get what's comin to him

I mean Cousins already missed a month this season due to that hit from Zucker.

grack fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 25, 2024

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Sabres fans give me your reccos for everything Buffalo. Going to the Oilers game in a couple weeks and it's been since pre covid that I've been there for a game

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Go to a better city?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Cocaine Bear posted:

Go to a better city?

Any city is a better city than Edmonton.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Buddy I live in the most pretend good city that's boring as hell

Toronto

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Buddy I live in the most pretend good city that's boring as hell

Toronto

Montreal is the only good fun city in Canada.

Shame about them Habs though...

e: Oh wow, I just noticed Boston has 13 loser points already this year. Isles are the only team with more.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Feb 25, 2024

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzswEJNdo_g

Battle of Alberta was a gong show tonight and I thoroughly enjoyed the parts I was sober for.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Matt Zerella posted:

Rempe has tied Goodrow in goals.

https://x.com/blakenastyy/status/1761529995732689067?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Going to the Rock today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

heehee posted:

holy poo poo lol what a fight

Scrap and a half, that one. I've seen the jersey pull over the head a bunch, but I think that's the first time I've seen someone hold the other guy's jersey over their head so they're forced to fight as Cornholio.