Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
6.x:

:allears: x 100. This game is art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

FuturePastNow posted:

The Steam Deck is kind of weak on GPU power but well above the game's minimum reqs for CPU. In particular it's got a lot more processor power than the 8 shitass netbook cores in a PS4

This is a fairly common occurrence in laptops too. My 4 year old laptops CPU is well above dawntrail recommended settings, but the GPU is just barely below minimum requirements.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Feldegast42 posted:

Wait how do potatoes run FF14... do they sit inside the monitor and change the pixels to the different inputs?

A bunch of lalafells running on a hamster wheel.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
what would be a UI or general user experience thing you'd love to see for dawntrail (that doesn't relate to glamour)? mine is for raid tokens and totems to be on their own currency tab.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Countblanc posted:

what would be a UI or general user experience thing you'd love to see for dawntrail (that doesn't relate to glamour)? mine is for raid tokens and totems to be on their own currency tab.

I don't use it much anyway but a complete friend list and blocklist overhaul.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

6.x: Just having the time of my life today. :allears:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Countblanc posted:

I wouldn't mind marker filters on the maps. Maybe I'm only intrested in finding feature unlocking quests today.

Also, a dedicated "side story" quest indicator.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Countblanc posted:

standardize whether the cursor starts on "Yes" or "No" for all prompts, gatekeepers, etc. for controller players.

please.. just pick one...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Was going through his channel to rewatch some older videos and I somehow missed this one completely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwuBDS0qr74

lol

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

So I actually wanted to come here to brag that I finally caught this drat fish

but then I went to the Gold Saucer and

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Tamba posted:

I've been playing since launch and best I've gotten is 3rd place :negative:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Tamba posted:

Did you have a MGP buff up before cashing in, I hope.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Whew, and you only checked it a few hours before the ticket expired? Congrats

I've won 2nd place twice and I'm pretty salty that I'll probably never get that ring

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It's a 1 in 10,000 chance and you get three chances a week, so if you play Jumbo Cactpot for 3,340 weeks you're guaranteed to get it!

Mathbot Says: it does not actually work this way

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Doomykins posted:

6.x:

:allears: x 100. This game is art.

Doomykins posted:

Yeah, it's pretty great! :allears:

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Doomykins posted:

I loved this era of the Beatles.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Countblanc posted:

I want to be able to start a leve, or exit a duty, while jumping.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Countblanc posted:

Change Trained Eye (crafting skill that lets you max quality on recipes at least 10 levels below you) so it also completes the craft, but with a fancy special animation for each DoH class where they do some cool trick or something.

Right now it's a very nice qol skill but it's kinda silly to still have to press crafting buttons afterwards.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Let us talk to NPCs while mounted.

Give us a toggle to make Weapon VFX be Always On.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Let me dye everything.

EV
ERY
THING

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Countblanc posted:

increase the amount of reputation that arr tribal quests give

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

increase the amount of reputation that arr tribal quests give

And condense them all into one NPC.

Also rework ARR Hunts to remove FATEs.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Countblanc posted:

Technically glam related, but I had Triple Triad cards in mind when I started the post; Some sort of currency that lets you buy dungeon drops. Like, yeah, you already have that with EX trials and the like with the totems, but those pretty much only apply to mounts and non-glowy weapons/armor. I want to be able to, for example, take my tokens from beating Thordan EX, and spend them on a triple triad card that otherwise refuses to drop.

Or some generic currency for dungeons so you can buy cards that are supposed to drop from there or crafting mats like the poo poo for Haukke Manor decorations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Ohh, I just had a thought: what are some of the most 1.0-rear end “concepts” the old dev team could have come up with had they been allowed to go further than they did?

I’ll start: Ramuh would have done increasingly lethal lighting damage against you for every piece of metallic gear you were wearing, and the workaround would involve weak wooden weapons/jewelry and having every piece of equipment in the game put into categories of what material they were made of (so you’d get stuff like a Wooden Fending, Leather Fending, and Metal Fending set)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

The most 1.0 thing they could've done is weave Antidote/Eyedrops/Echo Grass/Gold Needles and so on into modern day encounters.

But hmm. How about a boss with a lengthy pacifism phase ala Gogo or Cecil's Reflection from FF4. Hits you with Down For The Count, does a big cue animation like summoning a mirror or setting up a perfect guard, everybody in the raid sits on their hands for 15 seconds straight. It should be long enough that even aware raiders get that small hit of self doubt where you see a long cast bar going and look at the rest of the players like "did I misread this?"

Is it Final Fantasy? Sure. Will things go bad every time one of 8(24 if truly evil) people tap a button? Ha Ha Ho!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Doomykins posted:

The most 1.0 thing they could've done is weave Antidote/Eyedrops/Echo Grass/Gold Needles and so on into modern day encounters.

But hmm. How about a boss with a lengthy pacifism phase ala Gogo or Cecil's Reflection from FF4. Hits you with Down For The Count, does a big cue animation like summoning a mirror or setting up a perfect guard, everybody in the raid sits on their hands for 15 seconds straight.

Is it Final Fantasy? Sure. Will things go bad every time one of 8(24 if truly evil) people tap a button? Ha Ha Ho!

have you done eden 1

edit: nevermind i read it wrong

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Let us talk to NPCs while mounted.

Also let us talk to NPCs while seated.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kerrzhe posted:

have you done eden 1

lmao, took me a second.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Trial roulette gave me Sephirot today and it reminded me how fun that guy is. Sits so close to the stage that there's this feeling of SIZE that even other giant bosses don't really feel like, and the bit where you take the twister to avoid his arm swipe is a clever dynamic thing that I wish they did more of (and better telegraphed than it used to be, or I just never noticed the stack marker back in the day).

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Regalingualius posted:

Ohh, I just had a thought: what are some of the most 1.0-rear end “concepts” the old dev team could have come up with had they been allowed to go further than they did?

I’ll start: Ramuh would have done increasingly lethal lighting damage against you for every piece of metallic gear you were wearing, and the workaround would involve weak wooden weapons/jewelry and having every piece of equipment in the game put into categories of what material they were made of (so you’d get stuff like a Wooden Fending, Leather Fending, and Metal Fending set)

1.0 crafting had bonuses relating to things like which direction you were facing.

It's for the best that they weren't allowed to follow that bullshit any further, but damned if I'm not curious how they could've made that worse.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Cleretic posted:

1.0 crafting had bonuses relating to things like which direction you were facing.

It's for the best that they weren't allowed to follow that bullshit any further, but damned if I'm not curious how they could've made that worse.

that ended up being completely made up by the community; direction/day of the week/time of day/etc had no effect on crafting whatsoever

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

Countblanc posted:

I want chat bubbles. I know they said it's coming but I hope they don't wait until the last patch of dawntrail or something.
And I think vendors should have a search field because scrolling is annoying.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

flatluigi posted:

that ended up being completely made up by the community; direction/day of the week/time of day/etc had no effect on crafting whatsoever

actually i'm trying to confirm this to myself and this rumor started with final fantasy 11 so it's not even the same game

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

flatluigi posted:

actually i'm trying to confirm this to myself and this rumor started with final fantasy 11 so it's not even the same game

drat, I wanted that to be real, because while it sounds absolutely insufferable it also sounds so dumb that I want to just see something try it to see how bad it gets.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

11's crafting was very opaque and had catastrophically expensive consequences so a bunch of cult stuff sprung up around it. Didn't help that there was a high language barrier between the more experienced JP players and the global ones, so folks were often going off machine-translated forum comments assuming that the people who made them knew what they were talking about.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

flatluigi posted:

It was definitely a rumor for XIV 1.0 crafting as well, but still incorrect.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Martman posted:

Whew, and you only checked it a few hours before the ticket expired? Congrats

EU servers, so it was just after the drawing

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
even through heavensward, a huge amount of ff14's playerbase was former ff11 players, and they were very vocal about how 14 needed to go back. they're why hw has a weird uptick in overworld monster health, why diadem and eureka borrowed so many old mmo elements, etc

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I dunno if I want to blame the overworld enemies being harder on XI players when that's just one of the many balance things HW completely dropped the ball on. It's likely completely unrelated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Countblanc posted:

I hope that they make AOE attacks less lovely in some ways. A huge problem with targeted AOE attacks is that they obviously center on the target, so if the target is really big it will push any other mobs away and you might not hit them. That's a huge problem for black mages, and especially in some of the recent dungeons. There are also some other awkward AOEs, like dragoons having a relatively narrow line that also needs a target for most of their attacks.