Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

sb hermit posted:

I guess that will be one anime that I won't be watching with my dog.

Depends how your dog feels about another dog reacting to being kicked by standing on its hind legs and turning into the Joker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I forgot to bring it up when I first watched it, but the week before last's 7th Time Loop was pretty good.

"Damnit where's my wife." :(
"I locked her up!" ;)
"You did?" :crossarms:
"And threw away the key!" :hehe:
"Ah, so you did step 1 then, what about steps 2 through 10?" :allears:
"..." :geno:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

time for weakest tamer weekly.
i'm actually a few episodes behind on Signs of Affection, so need to fix that as well.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Peak Mao faces and Aoi Yuki went ham this week in Apothecary Diaries

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Daigo was crazy good this week. 🥹

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

is solo leveling this week a recap?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GateOfD posted:

is solo leveling this week a recap?

According to my upset brother, yes.

Mashle continues to be absurd, weird, and good.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Yeah Mashle is a lot of fun. Good Apothecary Diaries and Sign of Affection episodes today too. Anyone know what the song that Shin and Emma were listening to was? I swear I recognize the album art.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The rest of it is good but this fight is probably the high point of Mashle and I'm glad they did a good job with the sound and music.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Feb 25, 2024

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Metallic Rouge is good, more shows should just pile more poo poo on without ever bothering to stop and explain any of it.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
its 2024 why are they doing recap episodes?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Something something studios are on fire struggling to meet volume demands and compromises are needed to save animators' wrists?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Spookydonut posted:

its 2024 why are they doing recap episodes?

they're placeholders when they can't get an episode done in time, not a planned part of the show

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I guess they probably have contracts with the TV stations to provide an episode every week, but honestly I feel like viewers would rather have no episode at all then be "tricked" into watching a recap. Not to mention it forever being episode 7 or whatever on DVD releases, etc.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

they dont number recaps anymore though, they're like "episode 6.5" and are bonus content on the blu ray not part of the show order. dunno what crunchyroll et al do with them

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://x.com/animetv_jp/status/1761778122775519471?s=20

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Tales of Woe posted:

they dont number recaps anymore though, they're like "episode 6.5" and are bonus content on the blu ray not part of the show order. dunno what crunchyroll et al do with them

I don't think they have them, which is unfortunate since I want to watch the 86 one where they review the show's model kits.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think it varies by show but Crunchy will have .5 episodes for series if they get them

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Re:Creators had a fun recap episode

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I think it varies by show but Crunchy will have .5 episodes for series if they get them

yeah, crunchy has eps listed as 18.5 and 21.5

no idea which is which though, i skipped the recap eps

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

on episode 6 of Signs of Affection
cool, dating status achieved!

also, wow, I am surprised that her childhood friend doesn't have her contact info?! what a hard route he's on. She doesn't even add him, and says she 'do it later' rip.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
All these series that had recaps recently announced it like the week in advance. So it shouldn't be that much of a surprise to people following particular shows.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Not super excited about this given there's already been a near-perfect live action adaptation, but more fable is good in general.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Lol I thought they were adapting the videogame Fable and was wondering why the hell you would do that in 2024. And then the trailer starts…

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Shang ri La this week was absolutely perfect,

Amazing, Beautiful, Gorgerous

I would recommend watching it for the character interaction

When your game dev's are basically toddlers

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

AtomikKrab posted:

Shang ri La this week was absolutely perfect,

Amazing, Beautiful, Gorgerous

I would recommend watching it for the character interaction

When your game dev's are basically toddlers

The anime just showed the screen, but the first chapter tells you all you need to know about the head developer and founder.

The entire world is built up from the fanfic of an uber chuuni womanchild who's first thought after creating AI nearly indistinguishable from living beings was to make the most dope as gently caress videogame with it.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

doomrider7 posted:

The entire world is built up from the fanfic of an uber chuuni womanchild who's first thought after creating AI nearly indistinguishable from living beings was to make the most dope as gently caress videogame with it.

Name one better use for AI nearly indistinguishable from living beings. I'll wait. :colbert:

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Lt. Lizard posted:

Name one better use for AI nearly indistinguishable from living beings. I'll wait. :colbert:

Never said it wasn't.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Lt. Lizard posted:

Entertainment critic

replacements for GOP politicians

V-tuber

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
An AI politician is always hard right based on how quickly they turn to eugenics and racism currently.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Apprentice Dick posted:

An AI politician is always hard right based on how quickly they turn to eugenics and racism currently.

That's probably because what we have now is nothing more than a parrot.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That's insulting to parrots. They say nasty words because they know they're not supposed to, AI just blindly repeats its training data.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

All the Oshi no Ko Kana figurines shall be mine

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Metallic Rouge has unfortunately ended up in the chasm of "i'll watch the new ep tomorrow, oh how do i have four eps to catch up with" for no real reason, though given its approach to the exposition and pacing it might be ideal to binge it? not sure, but tomorrow...catching up for sure

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That's where I'm at with Frieren right now. I got to the episode right before the fights break out in the mage exam and I just lost steam and got bored by it. Probably gonna wait until the cour runs out and then binge the rest.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

symbolic posted:

Metallic Rouge has unfortunately ended up in the chasm of "i'll watch the new ep tomorrow, oh how do i have four eps to catch up with" for no real reason, though given its approach to the exposition and pacing it might be ideal to binge it? not sure, but tomorrow...catching up for sure

You waited the perfect amount of time, as there are now two good episodes on the other side of the Nean colony/Circus stuff.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

haypliss posted:

You waited the perfect amount of time, as there are now two good episodes on the other side of the Nean colony/Circus stuff.

let's loving goooooo

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
In this week’s High Card, we finally answer the obvious question: how the Two of Clubs worked before guns were invented.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Silver2195 posted:

In this week’s High Card, we finally answer the obvious question: how the Two of Clubs worked before guns were invented.

is it a bow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

It is a sling.