Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Pat Adams is such a dogshit ref

e: snipe 4 truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Looks like he went knee-to-knee with the fan as a result of initiating contact lmao

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
https://twitter.com/KySportsRadio/status/1761533364798914901?t=n_CRj-V8p4SW4m41T2sU4g&s=19

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/CWillTV/status/1761533810301186113

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

PotatoJudge posted:

https://twitter.com/CBBcontent/status/1761512650637213932

Here's an overhead view of the court storming. Looks like he got off balance throwing a forearm shiver then got shoved in the back by another student.

a swing and a miss!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Poque posted:

That is NOT what I mean!!!!

gently caress Duke

Oh poo poo sorry. gently caress Duke.

Also it’s so foreign to me to see a college game end 117-95. I can’t even remember the last time ISU broke 100 in a conference game. They haven’t even broken 90 this whole year. Do Alabama and Kentucky even play defense?

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Bird in a Blender posted:

Do Alabama and Kentucky even play defense?

No

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The whole loving Cam Spencer thing is so loving infuriating.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Feb 25, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Wheels are completely off the Rutgers season. That was a fun 4 games. Next year should be fun.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

kiimo posted:

This opinion is not allowed in this forum. Storm all courts, every time, even if the biggest star in the game gets bodied.

But my dukes :qq:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

gently caress ‘em.

Very annoyed at the anti-court storming outburst I’m seeing in the media right now.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
ESPN page right now is wall to wall coverage of how its the worst thing to happen since kneeling for the anthem and needs immediate ban.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

gently caress ‘em.

Very annoyed at the anti-court storming outburst I’m seeing in the media right now.

It's ridiculous to the point where I actually replied to some dumbass on twitter. Someone was like "this is because kids these days lack the respect of previous generations." To which I pointed out at that there literally footage of a fight breaking out between UNC and Duke in 1961 and fans run onto the court to join the brawl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0RroAH4vwU

And of course its not storming the court but arguably the most famous College Football play of all time involves a band and students running onto the field before the game is over.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Asproigerosis posted:

ESPN page right now is wall to wall coverage of how its the worst thing to happen since kneeling for the anthem and needs immediate ban.

It's literally making me hate things when I should be in an awesome mood.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Four games left in the regular season and I still can't tell if Texas is going dancing this year, but I'm pretty drat sure we're gonna wash out of the Big 12 tournament in round one... if we go at all.

I can't tell if this is just a down year or if Terry maybe isn't The Guy everyone thought he was last year.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Barring them losing the remainder of their games, they should get in. Helps that their two away games left are against ranked teams, so low chance of any bad losses. Probably a 9-11 see though.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Wild how fans have stormed the court after big wins for a century and we only now just realized players are literally murdered before they can get to the locker rooms, every single time.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It’s one of those things that I don’t want to see someone get injured, but also seems to only be a problem once every 2-4 years. So the reaction is so so so over blown.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

It’s one of those things that I don’t want to see someone get injured, but also seems to only be a problem once every 2-4 years. So the reaction is so so so over blown.

ESPN posted:

But my dukes :qq:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Even the injuries are typically self inflicted like Caitlin Clark running head first into a large adult fan that was standing their taking a selfy on the court and then this dipshit Duke fuckstick trying to trip/elbow a fan because he was malding and instead just ending up giving himself the ol spicey wobbley awkward knee extension injury.

Anyway WVU loving sucks and will probably never even make the round of 32 for the rest of my life.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/B1GMBBall/status/1761940930368602303?s=20

:stare:

And here I'm just hoping we make the tourney and can win one game to get the "only P5 school without a tourney win" monkey off our back.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Dango Bango posted:

And here I'm just hoping we make the tourney and can win one game to get the "only P5 school without a tourney win" monkey off our back.

I’m glad there’s 1 Nebraska basketball team that is having a good time because the other sure isn’t

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

DC Murderverse posted:

I’m glad there’s 1 Nebraska basketball team that is having a good time because the other sure isn’t

I mean Creighton just took down the #1 team last week

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Rutgers thoroughly outplayed Nebraska a few weeks ago. The college basketball season is a loving rollercoaster.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Asproigerosis posted:

Anyway WVU loving sucks and will probably never even make the round of 32 for the rest of my life.

I mean, it's been less than a year since Huggins was fired, don't think a current snapshot is a great illustration of the overall state of the program. They'll probably make it back sooner than later if nothing because every Big 12 team is going to trip on themselves whenever they go to Morgantown. (Kansas sure does!)

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Yeah, WVU is just letting it ride with an interim coach and I have no doubt that they'll get a good coach in the offseason, although there are some bigger openings (Ohio State, Louisville, possibly Michigan) too.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I just found out Chris Beard is coaching Ole Miss now :psyduck:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Poque posted:

I mean Creighton just took down the #1 team last week

I meant Nebraska University, their women’s team is currently under some scrutiny because a former player is suing the school because a former coach had allegedly groomed her and the not-yet-former head coach took the coach’s side and turned the team against the player until she was forced out and the coach was allowed to resign without any fanfare

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Oh jesus, I had no idea. Was def not trying to make light of that, that's heinous poo poo.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
UMass is joining the MAC starting in fall 2025, opening up certain possibilities

https://twitter.com/steadye69/status/1762209907808366872?s=46&t=2RtKUZF-7mtwaGnhOLp93A

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

They’re immediately the best basketball program in the MAC, which I guess makes them the new Vermont.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

elentar posted:

UMass is joining the MAC starting in fall 2025, opening up certain possibilities

https://twitter.com/steadye69/status/1762209907808366872?s=46&t=2RtKUZF-7mtwaGnhOLp93A

Looking forward the the first CUMASS game

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

umasc

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Fireside Nut posted:

Looking forward the the first CUMASS game

There have been many Connecticut vs UMass games before, thank you :colbert:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

I kind of want Nebraska to be decent because I still like Hoiberg, but I don’t want them to be good.

Just saw Houston is the new #1, which I think they’ve definitely earned. Let’s see if they choke it away immediately like every other team seems to do.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

I kind of want Nebraska to be decent because I still like Hoiberg, but I don’t want them to be good.

Just saw Houston is the new #1, which I think they’ve definitely earned. Let’s see if they choke it away immediately like every other team seems to do.

Hey you don't even need to be number 1 to choke it away.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Insertnamehere31 posted:

There have been many Connecticut vs UMass games before, thank you :colbert:

:hmmyes:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Uconnumass

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
Miami did its level best to not miss but RJ Davis said 'I'll outscore you myself.'

Watching that wasn't good for my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Mississippi Valley State took down Prairie View A&M to get their first win of the season.

https://twitter.com/mid_madness/status/1762337442705686923