Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Kwyndig posted:

Who's Gackt?

Not much who's Gackt with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

Who's Gackt?

He's the voice for one of those vocal android voice banks. Not one you probably know, though.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Where's Gigi?

many people are asking this

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
Adding Sephiroth after adding Sephirot seems like a real Acheron/Phlegethon/Titan situation. One of them will need to be renamed. I propose that FF7 Remake should be patched, and FF7-Sephiroth's name be localized as "Dave" in all related media going forward.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Xerophyte posted:

Adding Sephiroth after adding Sephirot seems like a real Acheron/Phlegethon/Titan situation. One of them will need to be renamed. I propose that FF7 Remake should be patched, and FF7-Sephiroth's name be localized as "Dave" in all related media going forward.

They can avoid this by ditching Sephiroth and having the crossover use Roche instead.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
sephirot is way cooler than sephiroth anyway

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Xerophyte posted:

After we got Jack they can rename Sephiroth to Dianne.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bruceski posted:

After we got Jack they can rename Sephiroth to Dianne.

One Winged Chili Dog

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Xerophyte posted:

The Soken version of One Winged Angel will alternate the choir between singing SEP-HIR-OTH and SEP-HIT-OT each verse.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
blu is becoming funnier and funnier as i play it more

https://i.imgur.com/iMzTh2y.mp4

(I don't know what i'm doing really but it's fun to goof with)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I don't hold hope for Soken's remix of OWA after what he did to NED's theme.

Took out all the drum and bass parts of a song defined by it. Shameful. At least the PR version whips.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Choco Meteor is so fun.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Bruceski posted:

Choco Meteor is so fun.

It's really such a great overworld spam spell. More visually fun than Ram's - UV.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Rynoto posted:

It's really such a great overworld spam spell. More visually fun than Ram's - UV.

And when playing BLU, that's really what matters.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

It's fun to play around with portraits. I wish they allowed more emotes and more of them allowed changing the expression, but I can put together a lot of good stuff anyway.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Onean posted:

There's also like half the fights that just fade into nothing too, like T2, which I only remember anything about due to a past mogtome event that allowed BLU parties to farm tomes insanely fast. The Second Coil is pretty good with memorable stuff, but the First and Last are much more hit-or-miss.

Original T2 was great. Instead of doing mechanics, you just wait for 10 minutes until the boss soft enrages.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I think they should just leave Sephiroth off to the side and if they want to bring in further bits from 7 then the weapons, there's still plenty of material to mine from.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Infected posted:

I think they should just leave Sephiroth off to the side and if they want to bring in further bits from 7 then the weapons, there's still plenty of material to mine from.

Yeah, like Genesis! And Deepground! And Dirge of Cerberus overall!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I won’t be happy till I can hit the squall pose

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The FF7R crossover should focus on the only character who matters: Shinra Middle Manager.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Replace verminion with fort condor.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gaius contacts us to help him stop another rogue Garlean secret project: Deepground.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So my thinking is that Dawntrail will be released somtime in August. Mainly because it seems like they're planning to rerun all of the Seasonal Events that haven't been retired along with the regular ones, plus the new FF16 one in early April.

We know they're rerunning FF15 (started today), and Yo-Kai-Watch. They just reran the FF11 Iroha event. They still have Little Ladies' Day, Hatching-Tide, and the Make It Rain campaigns, and they'll probably slip the Moonfire Faire in before the release of DT. At this point, the only non-retired event is the DQ one, Breaking Brick Mountians. Add in the Genesis 2 MogTomes event, and that means there's 8 events to run before DT launches (9 if they rerun DQ).

Those events will finish around the end of July-ish, and If they throw in the DQ rerun, it'll finish closer to the start of August-ish.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Kheldarn posted:

So my thinking is that Dawntrail will be released somtime in August. Mainly because it seems like they're planning to rerun all of the Seasonal Events that haven't been retired along with the regular ones, plus the new FF16 one in early April.

We know they're rerunning FF15 (started today), and Yo-Kai-Watch. They just reran the FF11 Iroha event. They still have Little Ladies' Day, Hatching-Tide, and the Make It Rain campaigns, and they'll probably slip the Moonfire Faire in before the release of DT. At this point, the only non-retired event is the DQ one, Breaking Brick Mountians. Add in the Genesis 2 MogTomes event, and that means there's 8 events to run before DT launches (9 if they rerun DQ).

Those events will finish around the end of July-ish, and If they throw in the DQ rerun, it'll finish closer to the start of August-ish.

Have they confirmed Yo-Kai Watch? I don't remember us hearing anything about that one coming back, and a quick search didn't pull up anything either. I'd like it to, I wasn't playing the first time, and was burnt out the second, so I'd like to get some stuff from it.

Also, the Mogtome event wouldn't be exclusive with any other events, just like the current one hasn't prevented any previous or currently running.

Finally, a potential plus for you, YoshiP said they're aiming for an early summer release (edit: actually, he said as early as possible, so that doesn't necessarily mean early summer). Early August just barely fits in the first half of summer, but it is a point in favor of your prediction.

Onean fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 28, 2024

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

I'm hoping they'd wait until after DT for a Yo-Kai re-run so PCT and VPR can get funny weapons too.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Onean posted:

Finally, a potential plus for you, YoshiP said they're aiming for an early summer release (edit: actually, he said as early as possible, so that doesn't necessarily mean early summer). Early August just barely fits in the first half of summer, but it is a point in favor of your prediction.

Summer is June, July, and August, so that would be late summer.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Onean posted:

Have they confirmed Yo-Kai Watch? I don't remember us hearing anything about that one coming back, and a quick search didn't pull up anything either. I'd like it to, I wasn't playing the first time, and was burnt out the second, so I'd like to get some stuff from it.

Yoshi-P talked about it in an interview with Famitsu druing FanFest London.

From Reddit translation:

Return of the Yokai-Watch collab:
  • Preparations are underway to bring the Yokai-Watch collab event back, talks are underway with Level-5 CEO Hino. (translator’s note: this is a relatively large scale collab event where you can earn mounts, minions, glam and a weapon set by farming FATEs).
  • On the FF15 collab: Yoshida says that if players keep giving feedback, the team will revive it when the time is right.
  • The team will also also consider bringing back other time-limited events from the back if they receive feedback from players requesting this.
  • Yoshida says he’s a big fan of Blizzard and would love to do a Diablo crossover, but there’s a problem with age ratings and making it feel like a faithful crossover.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Genovera posted:

Summer is June, July, and August, so that would be late summer.

Summer this year is June 22 20 - September 22. The first week and a half of August are the end of week 6 and all of week 7 of the 13 weeks of summer.

Kheldarn posted:

Yoshi-P talked about it in an interview with Famitsu druing FanFest London.

From Reddit translation:

Return of the Yokai-Watch collab:
  • Preparations are underway to bring the Yokai-Watch collab event back, talks are underway with Level-5 CEO Hino. (translator’s note: this is a relatively large scale collab event where you can earn mounts, minions, glam and a weapon set by farming FATEs).
  • On the FF15 collab: Yoshida says that if players keep giving feedback, the team will revive it when the time is right.
  • The team will also also consider bringing back other time-limited events from the back if they receive feedback from players requesting this.
  • Yoshida says he’s a big fan of Blizzard and would love to do a Diablo crossover, but there’s a problem with age ratings and making it feel like a faithful crossover.

Oh, cool. That doesn't inspire confidence in me that it'll be back before DT, but that sounds like a pretty decent chance it'll be back eventually.

Onean fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Feb 28, 2024

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

My suspicion is if/when we get Yokai Watch it'll be after Dawntrail launches. They'd prob want to add all the new job minion/weapons at once instead of doing it piecemeal.

Actually wondering if the Garo "event" will end soon. Last time it rolled over into Stormblood but didn't get updated titles for RDM and SAM. Wonder if they'll do the same here, or possibly add stuff for Viper and The Other One Who's Job Identity I Can Remember But Can't Seem To Retain The Name Of.

e: duplikant

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Kwyndig posted:

Who's Gackt?

Hes a big visual kei rock star (visual kei basically being 80's hair metal that never ended in Japan) and played himself in Crisis Core and a cameo in Dirge of Cerberus. Nomura adores him and his style.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Onean posted:

Summer this year is June 22 20 - September 22. The first week and a half of August are the end of week 6 and all of week 7 of the 13 weeks of summer.

I think it's more likely people are talking about meteorological summer than astronomical summer when talking about the seasons, but I guess we can't really know for sure.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Vitamean posted:

My suspicion is if/when we get Yokai Watch it'll be after Dawntrail launches. They'd prob want to add all the new job minion/weapons at once instead of doing it piecemeal.

Actually wondering if the Garo "event" will end soon. Last time it rolled over into Stormblood but didn't get updated titles for RDM and SAM. Wonder if they'll do the same here, or possibly add stuff for Viper and The Other One Who's Job Identity I Can Remember But Can't Seem To Retain The Name Of.

e: duplikant

GARO didn't add the titles for StB, ShB and EW until it came back in 6.1, so I highly doubt they'll add Viper and Picto stuff, aside from maybe putting the Jobs on applicable sets again. Maybe they'll move things around a bit, like how GNB got a tank-exclusive version of the BRD/MCH/DNC armor and RPR got an exclusive MNK version. It'd be nifty to see them put the BLM weapon on Picto, but with the palette in Picto's offhand I don't think it'll be something they'll spend dev time on.

Genovera posted:

I think it's more likely people are talking about meteorological summer than astronomical summer when talking about the seasons, but I guess we can't really know for sure.

Sure, when talking about seasons, but we're talking about specifically a release date, one which is going to go on earnings reports. They're going to use the calendar dates of seasons, which use astronomical summer.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

moonfire faire didnt make it into 6.55's files so they arent running it before dt.

make it rain is there though.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I've terrorized my friends by mentioning that Aug 27th is on a Tuesday this year, which was the same day that ARR launched in 2013. Wouldn't it be funny, if

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Rynoto posted:

This is why I use Peripheral Synthesis. I think summoning big robot fists is hilarious.

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

I'm hoping they'd wait until after DT for a Yo-Kai re-run so PCT and VPR can get funny weapons too.
This is my assumption for Yo-Kai as well. From what I've gathered, it was originally run during HW then came back during ShB; every two expansions seems like a reasonable rhythm to run the collab again.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I just cast 3x Flare in a dungeon and I'm not sure I'll ever be the same.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

quiggy posted:

Triplecast -> Flare -> Swiftcast -> Flare -> Manafont -> Flare -> Ether Potion -> Flare

quad flare or go home

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

quiggy posted:

My friend, let me tell you about the glory of [i]four/i] flares.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
That’s why you use an ether to get x4 flare

Or the stars align and you use quadruple xenoglossies (I shot up that aggro list so fast when I was able to pull this off)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

What's the easiest-to-acquire Ether that gives enough mana for Flare? I have all DoH/DoL classes at 90 and am perfectly happy to craft them if that's the answer.