Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pmchem posted:

because of the indian food, right?

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

shame on an IGA posted:

All afternoon I have been opening this thread and smacking my head into the wall right after because no matter how hard I try I cannot imagine what any of the great and diverse cuisines of the asian continent could have been like before the columbian exchange

Right? I've long wondered that myself.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
In current event news, the star witness for the defense attempting to remove Fani Willis from the RICO case got on the stand and said he was drinking and speculating when he was bullshitting with a former friend (atty Merchant) when he said Wade and Willis were dating before Wade’s appointment.

Closing arguments are Friday, and I expect the judge to orally rule after closing followed by a written opinion next week or just a written ruling next week.

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012
looking forward to the epic meltdown when she's not removed

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

hypnophant posted:

looking forward to the epic meltdown when she's not removed

Wonder what the over/under is that he drops the N bomb in said meltdown instead of the other racial dog whistle names he’s been using for black women lately.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

My posting and making GBS threads brother.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Wonder what the over/under is that he drops the N bomb in said meltdown instead of the other racial dog whistle names he’s been using for black women lately.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

i need to remember that this one actually works as an over/under if the outcome is binary.

this got a solid laugh outta me when i saw it

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

shame on an IGA posted:

All afternoon I have been opening this thread and smacking my head into the wall right after because no matter how hard I try I cannot imagine what any of the great and diverse cuisines of the asian continent could have been like before the columbian exchange

Fried rice predates it, so probably that over literally everything else.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

When you look at the "exotic" Asian food ( and you could include Africa if the western palate is the reference point) the main issue is whether or not your palate gets "overloaded" by the (comparatively) intense and diverse flavor profile.

Also, if you have the evil cilantro/coriander gene, Indian cuisine is a straight up death trap.

That being said, I recklessly try new dishes with little to no knowledge of what I'm eating. My wife thinks I am crazy.

Yes, I am many bourbons deep.

ASAPI fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Feb 28, 2024

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

ASAPI posted:

That being said, I recklessly try new dishes with little to no knowledge of what is eating. My wife thinks I am crazy.

Same, with the bonus of my girlfriend often admitting I ordered the better dish once they arrive.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

hypnophant posted:

“chinese food” covers about a billion different regional cuisines and the second largest population on the planet. calling japanese food diverse, compared to chinese, is like calling your midwestern town diverse because they have both a popeye’s and a taco bell. they’re not even in the same universe.

Same thing goes for Indian food.

Crab Dad posted:

My posting and making GBS threads brother.

I would love it if we could replace, like, one is the 5,000 Mexican joints in town with an Indian place.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Swap the Mexican places for izakaya and it would be perfect

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Ethiopian food is loving amazing. Give me that stuff for life and I'll happily be a vegetarian.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

ASAPI posted:

That being said, I recklessly try new dishes with little to no knowledge of what I'm eating. My wife thinks I am crazy.

Never not roll the dice on food. It's rare that I find something actually bad doing this.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Anyone have a good butter chicken or chicken vindaloo recipe?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
My single biggest falling as a person is that I'm a culinary coward, my brain just hates trying new things even if I intellectually know that I'll probably enjoy it. :saddowns:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Saul Kain posted:

Anyone have a good butter chicken or chicken vindaloo recipe?

Let me hit up my old roommate, he used to have a pretty bomb butter chicken recipe

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Elviscat posted:

I would love it if we could replace, like, one is the 5,000 Mexican joints in town with an Indian place.

Give that restaurant to me? We've got almost no good Mexican restaurants up here.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Arrath posted:

Let me hit up my old roommate, he used to have a pretty bomb butter chicken recipe

Yes please

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Arrath posted:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

shame on an IGA posted:

more emphasis on various types of peppercorn that you still find in many asian cuisine to this day. in many instances hot peppers neatly slotted into styles cooking that already used long pepper, fresh green pepper, black pepper etc. still, like Italian food without tomatoes, hard to picture

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
Japanese food is really good, but it also uses only a handful of different flavors. It gets pretty tiring fast if you're living in the country.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Like once a year my wife and I have a discussion on "If you had to have one cuisine to live on forever..."

And god drat Thai has won for me every year.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Born on a mountain raised in a cave, butter chicken vindaloo is all I crave.

You loving muppets. Its leap year. You get an extra day this calendar year to do your thing - so suck it with gusto.

gently caress you if you're still in. Double gently caress you if you're on watch. Way to be the bottom bitch of a very huge pecking order. Eat poo poo.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Stultus Maximus posted:

I’ve been going neither. Need to lower my cholesterol.

indian food is king poo poo of making vegetable puree tastier than meat and animal products, so...

Wrong Theory posted:

I can be the thread villain because I have never been impressed with Indian food. Never been a fan of their spices I guess. Like all I can taste is the fistful of turmeric you put in this beef. That little clay oven does do wonders to that bread though. Even Afghanistan had some great naan or doday I think we called it. Not sure if that is what pashtuns called it (we mostly dealt with them) but I remember calling it doday for some reason.

the gently caress are you doing where the main feature in your indian food is beef. next you're gonna be going off about arab muslim pork dishes

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

the gently caress are you doing where the main feature in your indian food is beef. next you're gonna be going off about arab muslim pork dishes

I can only assume a strip mall variation because Indian food fuckin slaps.

E: scrolling a bit

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Thailand and India are in the rear because of all the diarrhea. Tasty and spicy going in, smelly and spicy coming out (Why does my rear end in a top hat have the ability to feel spice? gently caress you god or Darwin or whoever)
Sorry your stomach is trash.

The Aardvark fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Feb 28, 2024

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I have the soap cilantro gene and I like cilantro. It's that fresh clean taste that goes well with Mexican/Thai/Indian etc food

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
I think I'll take my Indonesian food home and just enjoy it alone

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Fragrag posted:

I think I'll take my Indonesian food home and just enjoy it alone

Give it to me.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

The Aardvark posted:

Like once a year my wife and I have a discussion on "If you had to have one cuisine to live on forever..."

And god drat Thai has won for me every year.

carbohydrate with a plant-based sauce with some protein in it.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

indian food is king poo poo of making vegetable puree tastier than meat and animal products, so...

If you’ve never had Kerala style beef pepper stir fry, I weep for you (and envy your rear end in a top hat).

Not all of India is Hindu, despite what Modi might wish. It’s a big place.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Coasterphreak posted:

carbohydrate with a plant-based sauce with some protein in it.

I too like to assign ~macros~ to every enjoyable thing in life.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

FrozenVent posted:

If you’ve never had Kerala style beef pepper stir fry, I weep for you (and envy your rear end in a top hat).

Not all of India is Hindu, despite what Modi might wish. It’s a big place.

Hakka is Indian - Chinese food and it was amazing the few times I’ve had it.

Culturally West Indians were a mix of Hindu and Muslim expats and their food tends to avoid both Pork and Beef as a result.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Aardvark posted:

I too like to assign ~macros~ to every enjoyable thing in life.

Dudes who call their meals “a protein” give me the skeebies

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

But uh, this guy ain’t a monk being persecuted during a civil war in Vietnam. He was a mentally disturbed Airman who killed himself with fire. In response to a war he was not a combatant in, and in which he had no chance of fighting in.

But I’ll bite- Yes. I think everyone who ever wore the uniform is not all there up stairs. And I’ve thought this from the day I put the uniform on.

I got plenty of friends and families that steadfastly believe my cousins in the IDF are legit ending a genocide of Jews by Palestinians. It’s absolutely bat poo poo but they sincerely believe it, and they lionize my cousins as heroes.

You and any other dipshit on this particular spectrum are as delusional as they are, you just point your dumbassery at a different side than them.

lol. Just, lol.

I do have to push back on this. Aaron got orders to Israel. He posted them along with his Livestream.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I once dated an ethnically Japanese (by way of California) woman for a while. She had a habit of cleaning out her fridge at the end of the week by tossing all her leftover ingredients into a baking dish with a lot of rice or pre-made macaroni, slathered the whole thing in cheese and a bit of seasoning to make it palatable, and baking it.

She was offended when I told her she'd independently invented casserole.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Grip it and rip it posted:

Born on a mountain raised in a cave, butter chicken vindaloo is all I crave.

You loving muppets. Its leap year. You get an extra day this calendar year to do your thing - so suck it with gusto.

gently caress you if you're still in. Double gently caress you if you're on watch. Way to be the bottom bitch of a very huge pecking order. Eat poo poo.

Hey dude please stop sending me creepy PMs.

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 28, 2024

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

KirbyKhan posted:

I do have to push back on this. Aaron got orders to Israel. He posted them along with his Livestream.

Do you “know” this first, second, or third hand?

Because I mean… He was getting out in *checks notes* May?
What, he got less than 30 day orders to genocide in Israel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Do you “know” this first, second, or third hand?

Because I mean… He was getting out in *checks notes* May?
What, he got less than 30 day orders to genocide in Israel?

https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1762196403969728851

Why can’t you drop this.