Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Yamato can be whatever the plot decides he wants to be just like how Jinbe suddenly revealed 300 chapters later that he was a helmsman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I still find it hard to believe one piece is ending any time soon

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I think Oda could easily go for another 300-400 chapters tbh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I just got this ad on Twitter, we betting on One Piece now?

https://twitter.com/ManifoldMarkets/status/1751983285537038642?t=k8BrqnRi3NkEMVcvop9Blw&s=19

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Ryaomon posted:

Yamato can be whatever the plot decides he wants to be just like how Jinbe suddenly revealed 300 chapters later that he was a helmsman.

Didn't Jinbe helm the escape battleship from Impel Down?

Edit: Actually I feel like any time we've seen Jinbe on a moving ship he's been at the helm.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 29, 2024

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Ok saw Strong world Red and Gold
I think I'll never watch another one piece movie
Haven't seen the anime since season one and in Japanese. Is it worth watching if these movies are the kind of filler to expect?

rko
Jul 12, 2017
E: ^^^ if you didn’t like any of those movies, I doubt the TV anime will seem like an improvement. Strong World basically has the vibes of a feature-length episode, for example.

Meowywitch posted:

I think Oda could easily go for another 300-400 chapters tbh

I mean, Oda has enough villains still on the board to stretch things out indefinitely, is the thing. If he puts the bad guys in front of the Straw Hats one by one, island by island, he could write this for another 25 years.

Blackbeard is the real wild card; it’s easy to imagine how the rest of the story goes without him in it, no matter how Oda paces it out. We’ve got the good guy rebels vs. the evil empire, and while we’ll all enjoy the journey, we all know it ends with Luffy punching Imu into scribbles on a white background. So what is Blackbeard doing with an equally valid main villain squad, engineered to do a mirror match with Luffy’s squad? Where do they fit into the conflict?

It’ll be interesting to see if that gets clarified soon, but I personally expect us to be closer to 400 more chapters than 100. There’s just a lot left to cover, even if Oda tries to rush through it.

rko fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 29, 2024

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Upsidads posted:

Ok saw Strong world Red and Gold
I think I'll never watch another one piece movie
Haven't seen the anime since season one and in Japanese. Is it worth watching if these movies are the kind of filler to expect?

if you don't like questionably canon adventures with occasional high quality animation you certainly won't like the anime filler arcs, which lack the latter element.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I remember liking one of the first movies that had a navy villain with rock candy powers and wasn't nearly a god like these movies

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

if you don't like questionably canon adventures with occasional high quality animation you certainly won't like the anime filler arcs, which lack the latter element.

The great thing about filler arcs is that they can be skipped.

e: this is a great resource on the topic IMO.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Feb 29, 2024

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Upsidads posted:

I remember liking one of the first movies that had a navy villain with rock candy powers and wasn't nearly a god like these movies

You are describing movie 4. I would say watch movie 6 if you can find it and toss the rest out.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Majorian posted:

The great thing about filler arcs is that they can be skipped.

e: this is a great resource on the topic IMO.

One Piece has no filler arcs :colbert:

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

When I started reading, I was surprised that the anime arc where they landed in a marine base after skypeia was anime only. I honestly think manga onlys should go watch it, as it's just a lot of fun.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Capfalcon posted:

When I started reading, I was surprised that the anime arc where they landed in a marine base after skypeia was anime only. I honestly think manga onlys should go watch it, as it's just a lot of fun.
indeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93c-K3yEfr4

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

My uncle sent me the chapter and it's really really good

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

]

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Scholtz posted:

My uncle sent me the chapter and it's really really good

Does he work at Nintendo? I have heard so much about that guy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Augus posted:

oda didn't have Yamato join the crew because he couldn't think of what pirate crew role he would have

He would be the tall one who is cool and good and my friend. :colbert:

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

homer_chapter.jpg

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Chapter? I 'ardly know 'er!

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lmao

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

one piece canceled

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
drat WOKE World Government

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

so much for the tolerant elders

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I’m hanging out in the TCB discord and I gotta say that this thread is significantly less lovely even when every post is a Simpsons meme or just people saying “chapter?”

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
looking forward to reading the new chapter today

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

It feels fitting that the chapter that could potentially be revealing the whole void century deal is taking forever to come out

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

A TCB person in the discord just said about one more hour

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
honestly thought it was friday and thought something had gone seriously wrong to have no chapter

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
We're in the Void day of a Void year of a Void century.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Nikumatic posted:

We're in the Void day of a Void year of a Void century.

Hey 2024 just started buddy

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Jose posted:

honestly thought it was friday and thought something had gone seriously wrong to have no chapter

I'm pretty sure scans were dropping on Fridays back when I first got caught up in 2017 during WCI right? Then suddenly they jumped up by a day or two, then have been flucuating between Wednesdays and Thursdays for the past few years.

My timeline might be screwed up. I was originally just watching the funimation dub DVDs as they were released, then it took them forever to get any of the rights after Marineford, with another long wait between Fishman Island and Dressrossa. I just remember someone posting a clip of the initial musical scene with Big Mom from the anime and immediately wanting to know where the story was at.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Double post, whoops

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

wow so it was a VR game all along, amazing !! 😍

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
That Time I Died and Got Reincarnated as a Feral Brazilian Rubber-boy