Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Not sure how much of a threat you can have when the main character's little sister can fist fight a battle ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I'd say the threat is their cosy life being destroyed by outside forces finding out about them forcing their way on them. Kinda like how the Hero tried in this week's episode.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

This week's Sasaki and Pii-chan was looking a bit rough, hope that's not a sign of some bigger problem

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I suspect their time and budget had started to run out by this point. Something's gotta give, and sadly, it looks like this is it.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

I’m just in it for the verbal stuff and voices anyway. Not in it for the action

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
it's like rose's old unit in healing magic didn't know anything about the concept of death flags.

"we'll be unstoppable with the commander around to heal us"

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Brutal Garcon posted:

This week's Sasaki and Pii-chan was looking a bit rough, hope that's not a sign of some bigger problem

I got off after episode six and I never felt like it was a particularly good looking show. If it's slipping even more that's... Not good.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Spookydonut posted:

it's like rose's old unit in healing magic didn't know anything about the concept of death flags.

"we'll be unstoppable with the commander around to heal us"

I'm not sure we really needed two entire episodes on the backstory we could mostly infer anyway.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Brutal Garcon posted:

Oh drat you weren't kidding, lol

The soundtrack for the episode was also some of the most generic placeholder music I've ever heard

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I was wondering how Villainess L 99 would do once theres more action in the story and the answer is 'just throw CGI at it as usual'

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they're doing the jokes well which is all that matters.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Did Firefighter Daigo skip over a bunch of the story? Last episode they went from a scene with the two main characters eating dinner and home and jumped right into the middle of a risky rescue and I was expecting them to do a flashback to explain what's going on and why they decided to approach it like they did but nope, it just continued from the same point
E: I guess they did a tiny little amount of flashback but not enough to really explain what was going on

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Mar 2, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh drat you weren't kidding, lol

The soundtrack for the episode was also some of the most generic placeholder music I've ever heard

i love it.

love it and the lv99 villainess dragon.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Did Firefighter Daigo skip over a bunch of the story? Last episode they went from a scene with the two main characters eating dinner and home and jumped right into the middle of a risky rescue and I was expecting them to do a flashback to explain what's going on and why they decided to approach it like they did but nope, it just continued from the same point
E: I guess they did a tiny little amount of flashback but not enough to really explain what was going on

wow someone still watching it, not mocking you, but out of interest why did you keep watching?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Spookydonut posted:

wow someone still watching it, not mocking you, but out of interest why did you keep watching?

It's a sports anime about saving people from disasters: Daigo keeps pulling out special firefighting finishing moves which he's been secretly practicing for years, he was inspired by a legendary player firefighter who was chased out of the scene because of his unorthodox style, he thought he could do it alone but eventually had to learn to rely on his team mates and comes to respect their unique skills, he's built up a cadre of competent competitors on opposing teams who all admire him for his determination and skills, etc etc. It's completely ridiculous while also 110% sincere, it's fascinating.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Don’t know how accurate is it to the navy seals of firefighters, but I buy it

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The rescues are cool and the guys are gay, yep that's sports anime.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

haypliss posted:

The rescues are cool and the guys are gay, yep that's sports anime.

Hey now, let's not be exclusionary, sometimes your sports anime is about girls (who are also gay)

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Slow Life Frontier has some obvious animation budget troubles, but this episode did deliver a satisfying beat down

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

BRB joining the Hellhorde.

Crossposting this fantasy of a series.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I can't say I enjoy Sicily's character design in Fluffy Paradise, it feels a touch too horny for a show like that. Also I have no idea how the series is going to end because there doesn't feel like a natural wrapping up point coming within the next couple of episodes. Maybe they'll just handle the dogbolds and then that's it but it feels kind of anticlimactic.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Yea I’m behind on it. Needs a time skip where she’s in noble school

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/bnfw_en/status/1765105000148001078?t=Crfw2srKDId88B0CkRH_gA&s=19

SEED Freedom finally making its way stateside by the end of the month, though when a wider release happens isn't known yet.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
They took too long, I stopped being excited to see this pos.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Elise ep9

lol, no need to wait, someone needs medical attention right away at the cold open.

not that i'm complaining, I love the medical parts and her making everyone go 'omg, your a genius' Just find it amusing. Gonna assume the source material gives some more breathing room in between events.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Lamo Metal Rouge just can't stop cramming multiple Kamen Rider plots into 1 episode huh

I'll take back comparing it to Captain Earth as the stuff is fun but man if they just picked a couple to focus on it'd be really good show instead of something that is entertaining but a mess

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Honestly the aliens finally mattering could save it.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The alien stuff was dumb but it was like a whole cour of Kamen Rider plot in half an episode that it became fun in the end

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Metallic Rouge: They're practically inviting you to think they're mermaids and then Rouge just says that, and then they loving make whale noises?! Show is good. I also liked how Aes kept getting shot w explosions

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1765530107802767779?t=ortNGDkDThuVdHyMDbc51A&s=19

I dunno, could be good.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

don't really want, but koreans have been on their game lately with their dramas

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/sorairo_utility/status/1765663682334433510?t=VTTmsJKViNHiAvuyqyQ3zQ&s=19

More golf. Unclear if golf will kill these girls, however.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Is it even really golf, then?!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

100% of golfers do die

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

lets hang out posted:

100% of golfers do die

Every golfer dies. Not every golfer truly lives.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Give me more golf mafia, the golfia

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Is golf popularity in Japan on that much of an upswing :dumbrim:that we’re suddenly getting these golf girls animes?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

youre misunderstanding the intent. these anime dont exist to capitalize on golf's popularity, they exist to make golf more popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

golf sucks, but if anime girls are playing golf then it rules