Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Elena is cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

yeah they were wacky and goofy back then but it hits different when they kill tens of thousands of people in a much more graphically vivid way than the popeye arms original version. you can tell the writers want to have their cake and eat it too with the whole "someone's gonna have to pull that trigger" thing they added in to justify their horrific actions. it hits way different now that everything is so much more detailed.

the scene that's tsung just tossing out rationalizations he obviously doesn't actually believe and reno blows off?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Captain Invictus posted:

yeah they were wacky and goofy back then but it hits different when they kill tens of thousands of people in a much more graphically vivid way than the popeye arms original version.

Sorry about your lack of theater of the mind, but in both it's depicted as exactly the same and treated the same.

You're being silly, but not the fun kind.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I dont like the turks because I don't like being hit with batons or getting punched or...whatever else they used to attack me

Cut it out

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

just don't get hit, op

ezpz

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Turkish doesn't have a word for toad so they're called land frogs.

That's my contribution I've never actually played FF7

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

You should fix that immediately

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I'm very glad 7R doubled down on Rude's running gag in AC.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Arc Hammer posted:

that name makes me envision some sort of weird desert-based tank/mech.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

A Sign of Affection is very good, really like the male lead in it especially. Very physically affectionate and that's something I like to see in a romance show.

Reminds me a bit of Yamada from Love with Yamada at lv 999, or at least once they start dating. Boy knows what he wants and isn't afraid to show it.

Yuki also rules, girl's bravely stepping out into the world. She's great.

childhood friend guy sucks rear end though. bad vibes.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
He's such a well-made piece of poo poo though, I really like all the hot mess characters in that show about as much as Yuki and Itsumi lol.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

maybe if they expand the childhood friend circle a bit, but yea he needs to be fleshed out more.

i thought the clingy girl that was with the male lead was gonna be annoying, but the flashback with her and the stylist was really good, and i really like them now.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

haypliss posted:

He's such a well-made piece of poo poo though, I really like all the hot mess characters in that show about as much as Yuki and Itsumi lol.

Oh yeah he's well written and the author nailed "GUy who clearly cares but is treating her as something that's going to break if he doesn't keep an eye on her" instead of just a person. It's just, it's so well written it's hard to watch and the scene where Itsumi blocks her view to have a private talk had me cheering for him going for the killing blow immediately .

Excited to see more of Itsumi's friends they seem like they're gonna be a beautiful mess

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 1, 2024

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I wanna see Tifa slap Elena in 3d

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Unironically I'm most hyped for the Junon escape sequence in part 3. QWOP prototype minigame to unlock yourself from the execution chair was so cool in the original.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

im just enjoying traveling around the open world and petting baby chocobos at the bus stops

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rebirth has probs the best chocobos in a final fantasy tbh.

Chocobos have always been the cutuest little guys but I dunno, they may have reached the peak with this one

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

i still love spending like half an hour at the chocobo ranch in 15, leaving, and not even getting out of the carpark before prompto just blurts out IF WE DON'T GO TO THE CHOCOBO RANCH RIGHT NOW I WILL DIE

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

i still love spending like half an hour at the chocobo ranch in 15, leaving, and not even getting out of the carpark before prompto just blurts out IF WE DON'T GO TO THE CHOCOBO RANCH RIGHT NOW I WILL DIE

im prompto in rebirth

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

the turks suck so hard they rule

ff7 ftw.....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

haypliss posted:

I find it extremely amusing that there's this drama storm brewing around them that they're completely oblivious to

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Hey what's a good device for reading manga on? because I've been using my phone and I just don't think it cuts it, especially when there's a big spread

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Meowywitch posted:

Hey what's a good device for reading manga on? because I've been using my phone and I just don't think it cuts it, especially when there's a big spread

if my phone isn't cutting it I'll post a link to myself on discord and then check it out on desktop when I get home

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Meowywitch posted:

computer

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
If you have the money, get a folding phone.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I don't read much manga these days but I have a pretty nice Samsung tablet for when I do.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I read it on an iPad pro, but it can be a pain in the butt if there are a ton of obnoxious ads.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I don’t want to be cancelled so I just want to point out that I don’t condone the actions of the turks

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://cgworld.jp/special-feature/2309-AMDasahi.html

Cool article I got linked about CG after effects used in shows like Gundam Witch From Mercury and Shangri-la Frontier.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Namtab posted:

I don’t want to be cancelled so I just want to point out that I don’t condone the actions of the turks

You can't cancel truth so I can safely say the hottest thing in ff7r was Rufus's coin toss and reverse stinger technique and for that I say we let him drop another plate. Sector 2s had it too good for too long.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/daraobriain/status/1763170279222575577?t=nik66hVF61hURdRhG3MOoQ&s=19

Someone left a Yugioh card in an actual pyramid

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Finished Persona Trinity Soul. I warmed up to it towards the end. Very middle of the road overall (and quite a few weaker episodes), but it’s another show that’s elevated by effectively maintaining a mood (chronically foreboding). That was what connected it to Persona 3 the strongest in my mind (also the coastal city was kinda similar, which ties into making the sea of souls a literal metaphor). Akihiko doesn’t talk about his past, and could be replaced by anyone.

I didn’t catch many overt references to the games, outside remixes used as diegetic background music. Not sure how involved Altus was besides the Soejima characters.

Also I liked that it featured a Persona protagonist that’s still popular but kinda dorky and uncertain of himself.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

That's my contribution I've never actually played FF7

Its a fine game. Not the best FF, not the worst FF. Wait for a good sale and grab the remake IMO.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

i read his tweets in his voice

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Furnaceface posted:

Its a fine game. Not the best FF, not the worst FF. Wait for a good sale and grab the remake IMO.

why on earth would you tell someone to play the sequel to ff7 before ff7

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

unless youre terrified of psx graphics, under no circumstances should you play 7r before 7

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've got a friend who doesn't really vibe with non-action jrpgs and they immediately jumped to the FF7R series without issue.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i mean yeah it is made so it can also be played on its own but. if you're talking with someone about ff7 you can't just refer to the remake interchangeably it is a different game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Colonel posted:

why on earth would you tell someone to play the sequel to ff7 before ff7

Because its fine as its own game. :shrug: