Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I can’t believe Enel showed back up and zapped Saturn into coal dust and said God will always be stronger than demons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

These new Puma Nika sneakers (snikas????) are pretty cool.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

rko posted:

I’m still impressed by Impel Down. When I was reading it, I kept being amazed that Dragon Ball never did that plot beat, if that makes sense. “The hero teams up with a bunch of former villains for a prison break” feels like such a natural plot device for the genre that I was surprised it was the first time I was reading it. Instant classic, probably my favorite arc.

That is not what Dragon Ball is about. Young Goku had no recurring villains to team up with (except what, Pilaf?) since he just kill them once the arc is over or they are rival athletes more than villains, and adult Goku would have just smashed the prison into smithereens.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Watching the thread go feral, I now feel like I have the True One Piece Fan experience.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

YggdrasilTM posted:

That is not what Dragon Ball is about. Young Goku had no recurring villains to team up with (except what, Pilaf?) since he just kill them once the arc is over or they are rival athletes more than villains, and adult Goku would have just smashed the prison into smithereens.

Half of Goku's friend group is guys he beat up at some point or another. Every arc is Impel Down for him.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lmao

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Cat Machine posted:

Half of Goku's friend group is guys he beat up at some point or another. Every arc is Impel Down for him.

Curious, I didn't know every Dragon Ball arc was a prison break.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

I literally had the same thought like an hour before you posted it, down to "gotta make it 7670" but decided to stay in bed and sleep instead lmao

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

YggdrasilTM posted:

Curious, I didn't know every Dragon Ball arc was a prison break.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

So in the second season of chapter wait they’ve already waited for a chapter. But the name works once you realize society is always waiting for a chapter.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Here is a terrible version, for those who are really desperate

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/d1Di1Mx/1/1/

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I lasted a page. Don't put yourselves through it guys. Just wait a bit longer.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

QuasiQuack posted:

Here is a terrible version, for those who are really desperate

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/d1Di1Mx/1/1/

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
At last, the wait is over!

https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7677/one-piece-chapter-1109?date=1-3-2024-12

Honestly? Kind of a letdown of a chapter, especially before break week. Was a bunch of technical issues really necessary?

DeadBonesBrook fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Mar 1, 2024

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Honestly? Kind of a letdown of a chapter, especially before break week. Was a bunch of technical issues really necessary?

I’m beginning to think the Elders’ powers aren’t devil fruits…

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Welp, it didn't actually reveal anything but we did see Luffy flatten Saturn and hurl him into a ship (also judging by the ending it seems like the gang might be about to take on all of the Elders at once)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Doing the streamer "starting soon" bit is lame and typical oda blueballing which sucks, but the rest of the chapter was pretty cool imo.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Julias posted:

Doing the streamer "starting soon" bit is lame and typical oda blueballing which sucks, but the rest of the chapter was pretty cool imo.

It is lame as hell but I laughed when I realized that was what it was

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh poo poo

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the oda 10 minute timer..... the arc is almost over

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Luffy having to go 5-on-1 against all of the Elders is uhhhh :ohdear:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think its funny and in character for vegapunk to do this. Oda loves putting his arcs on a timer.

The Gum Gum Cymbol was hilarious. Every new Gear 5 gag makes me laugh.

If we're getting *all* of the gorosei here at the same time, that *really* accelerates the end of the story with regards to the plotline with the world government, assuming they are all defeated. At the very least it makes it less likely that we will dive as deeply into each gorosei member as we did for saturn, which makes me believe that they will be able to escape unharmed.

Also the most exciting part of this chapter for me is the cover story. What an opening image for that. I thought Momo landed Onigashima next to the Flower Capital but maybe they just pushed it into the lake/ocean because it was an eyesore? Anyway its possible we will discover the true fate of Big Mom and Kaido now, and I could see this cover story following Jack since he's a fishman and can breathe underwater (though idk how he can move, unless we get back into the fresh vs saltwater debate)

they want shady
May 11, 2013

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Between the cymbals, Kizaru's laser eyes, and Saturn's everything this was a pretty good action chapter

Shame about no answers and also having a slight nervous twitch remembering the last time something took ten minutes, but still good stuff.

Break week's gonna be hell tho

they want shady
May 11, 2013

mabels big day posted:

I think its funny and in character for vegapunk to do this. Oda loves putting his arcs on a timer.

The Gum Gum Cymbol was hilarious. Every new Gear 5 gag makes me laugh.

If we're getting *all* of the gorosei here at the same time, that *really* accelerates the end of the story with regards to the plotline with the world government, assuming they are all defeated. At the very least it makes it less likely that we will dive as deeply into each gorosei member as we did for saturn, which makes me believe that they will be able to escape unharmed.

Also the most exciting part of this chapter for me is the cover story. What an opening image for that. I thought Momo landed Onigashima next to the Flower Capital but maybe they just pushed it into the lake/ocean because it was an eyesore? Anyway its possible we will discover the true fate of Big Mom and Kaido now, and I could see this cover story following Jack since he's a fishman and can breathe underwater (though idk how he can move, unless we get back into the fresh vs saltwater debate)

Yeah, don't think they'll be defeated since Luffy's stressing that he's not doing any damage. The ancient robot still hasn't done anything so it might give them a hearty gently caress you on the way out at least.

Agree about being excited for the cover story. Don't think it'll be about Jack tho, wasn't he the only big player in the raid that wasn't blasted off? Probably chained and locked up in Wano or something

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I wonder if the announcement is just a ruse to draw out the elders and the actual plan is to cut to a livestream of the demonic rulers of the world after 10 minutes

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

mabels big day posted:

(though idk how he can move, unless we get back into the fresh vs saltwater debate)

There is no debate, it's always been all water, there's an SBS answer on this

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

10 MINUTES UNTIL NAMEK BROADCASTS

But seriously, classic One Piece. Strawhats slightly turn the tides with pacifistas and Giants only for next chapter to be once again hopeless.

Saturn was bad enough, now were potentially facing all 5? Luffy's gonna need some sort of anti government army to hold out for 10mins

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Mar 1, 2024

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I wonder if the announcement is just a ruse to draw out the elders and the actual plan is to cut to a livestream of the demonic rulers of the world after 10 minutes

Oh poo poo this would own :allears:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Weird how Nami teleported to Dressrosa.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

that was my first thought too

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

this would own but I kinda doubt Vegapunk was so galaxy brained that he knew his death and the fallout of his SATURN IS A PUNKASS broadcast would bring even one Elder Star to his home turf.

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

DeadBonesBrook posted:

It's so the message that reveals the truth can play at the exact perfect moment, right over Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Dory, and Brogy BUTOBASING the 5 Elders.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

this would own but I kinda doubt Vegapunk was so galaxy brained that he knew his death and the fallout of his SATURN IS A PUNKASS broadcast would bring even one Elder Star to his home turf.
Aren't the Elder Stars the only people (other than Bonney) who can overrule Vegapunk's commands to the pacifistas? It seems pretty logical to assume that at least one of them would show up to an attack on Egghead to take control of them.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

this is gonna be a looooong break

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'll reserve judgement on the transmission delay, because if it is a deliberate play to reveal the elders to the world then that is actually genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I'll reserve judgement on the transmission delay, because if it is a deliberate play to reveal the elders to the world then that is actually genius.
I hope so because the world's greatest genius not accounting for broadcast delay or encryption seems wrong