Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

fart barterer posted:

Thinking about it more.. other smart TV owners who actually connect it to the wifi are subsidizing manufacturing costs?

Maybe smart TVs own actually?

I'm the king of bad takes and this is some bold territory you're venturing into buddy. you better have the shitposting skills to back this up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Khablam is conspicuous by his absense, I wonder how much grovelling he is doing to Geri right now.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Khablam is conspicuous by his absense, I wonder how much grovelling he is doing to Geri right now.

Khablam was the shame independent third party investigator Red Bull hired, the all day interview with Horner only took that long because he did like 3 queries in Microsoft access.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

shyduck posted:

What the hell happened to Alpeen
heavy car, anemic engine development

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I am loving here for Alpine being an absolute trainwreck this year.

Ferrari looks great.
Max doesn't seem surmountable (Pending the race itself).
Alonso looks great.
Haas isn't terrible!

Fantastic day overall.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

CancerCakes posted:

Sorry bud, if you bought a TV and paid extra for any smart features you are a rube, they have literally always been a pile of poorly built and badly maintained poo poo.

Smart tvs are cheaper hth.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

iOS app and then chromecast.

Nice quali; field seems reasonably close. Now to see what race pace is like.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I decided to finally get into F1 after telling myself I'd do so for the past couple years. Watched the qualifiers this morning and it was pretty fun, are there any races in the archive I should go back and watch in particular?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Pylons posted:

I decided to finally get into F1 after telling myself I'd do so for the past couple years. Watched the qualifiers this morning and it was pretty fun, are there any races in the archive I should go back and watch in particular?

1994 Imola

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Pylons posted:

2021 in general is a great season before we entered this age of total red bull dominance. 2021 Baku and Hungary were some fun races imo.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Pylons posted:

all of 2021

but just know it'll never, ever, be that good again

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

lol

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002

Pylons posted:

Just Abu Dhabi 2021, that's basically skipping to the end of F1. Watch the rest of 2021 if you want a prequel.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Furious George posted:

Just Abu Dhabi 2021, that's basically skipping to the end of F1. Watch the rest of 2021 if you want a prequel.
no way, you definitely need some context to understand the pure hate that built up through that season

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

shyduck posted:

What the hell happened to Alpeen

Looks like the French are toast.

:dadjoke:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

they can't even make DTS hold an audience lol

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

ilmucche posted:

But his emails

This is a better thread title than my dumb little "Google Drive to Survive"

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Pylons posted:

Canada 2011, you're not allowed to skip any of it

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Pylons posted:

0) F1 defines the Stockholm syndrome.

1) Ignore about 99% of what everyone here says including myself.

2) Watching this sport involves an entrance to a circus. The events are complete circuses without the bread. The racing is secondary.

3) Per item 2: With that said...there are quite a few races throughout the year that kick rear end.

Anyways, welcome, and enjoy your time here. It's all good amongst us friends.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Skarsnik posted:

Canada 2011, you're not allowed to skip any of it

Then Spa 1998

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

it would probably take some work to find the actual total Canada 2011 race; F1TV edited it down

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Pylons posted:

Spa 2021
Singapore 2023
Monza 2019
Any odd numbered Baku year except 2023

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Watch Belgium 2021. It's the only good F1 race.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

F1 isn't about winning, it's the friends you make along the way

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Thanks Ants posted:

Then Spa 1998

The Murray Walker commentary makes it so much better.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

it would probably take some work to find the actual total Canada 2011 race; F1TV edited it down

Just read from here for the full experience

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3398873&pagenumber=159&perpage=40&userid=0#post392569484

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Alpine will never be good until the rebrand back to Renault

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Windmill Hut posted:

Alpine will never be good until the rebrand back to Benetton

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

But real talk, Coco Pops are absolutely the worst chocolate cereal, which makes them basically the worst cereal.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

coco pops are awesome and i won't let that loving scumbag horner ruin them :mad:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

it's too late, you're going to think about him running game whenever you eat them now.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Feel the chocolately flavour explode all over your mouth

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

too busy turning the milk chocolatey to be thinking about his negative rizz

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
George has negative Rizz

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

ilmucche posted:

Spa 2021
Singapore 2023
Monza 2019
Any odd numbered Baku year except 2023

Spa 2022 was amazing too

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

1988 Monza

Take the plunge! Okay! fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 1, 2024

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
all of 2007 is great iirc

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

watch the brawn documentary

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I'm watching Downfall, which is basically the Red Bull documentary at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Horner isn't going to go on his own terms