Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Pros and cons of pex

Pro: it makes plumbing easy
Con: it makes plumbing easy

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I can't find the original tweet with a caption about silicosis but this is definitely the same kitchen where that moron cut a hole in the counter top to drop garbage through

https://twitter.com/Levandov_2/status/1759239484900520019

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Sirotan posted:

I can't find the original tweet with a caption about silicosis but this is definitely the same kitchen where that moron cut a hole in the counter top to drop garbage through

https://twitter.com/Levandov_2/status/1759239484900520019

The plug from the Tom and Jerry hole is actually in the frame at one point. They definitely shot these back to back.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Not to worry, we're still buying half a house.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Inline water heaters have become so small they can fit in pipe elbows.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

SpartanIvy posted:

The plug from the Tom and Jerry hole is actually in the frame at one point. They definitely shot these back to back.

People do intentionally stupid things to rile up the internet for exposure quite often. And while this seems like one of those moments, the guy definitely inhaled the whole bunch of granite dust. And then again while cutting slits for the knives.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Giving myself black lung for clout

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Nitrox posted:

People do intentionally stupid things to rile up the internet for exposure quite often. And while this seems like one of those moments, the guy definitely inhaled the whole bunch of granite dust. And then again while cutting slits for the knives.

yeah i think that was rage bait, whatever that means

anyways, this isn't

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Dented can
Do not eat

Culex
Jul 22, 2007

Crime sucks.
In the wild by my house.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Looks competent.

Can't be related.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

PainterofCrap posted:

Looks competent.

Can't be related.

Not to mention,

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

`Nemesis posted:

yeah i think that was rage bait, whatever that means

anyways, this isn't

Oh my god

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

The internet makes people stupid

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

3D Megadoodoo posted:

e: In case someone doesn't know/can't guess, it's special weapons. They don't have secret weapons.
To be fair, if they did, we wouldn’t know about them

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lmao "aligns perfectly"

the knives look like poo poo, no design in the layout and they're dumbass left a perm red mark next to each

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

I'm pretty sure that water heaters don't work that way.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"
It's the same Cutco knife set we still have from when my wife got suckered into selling them in college :lol:

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Final Blog Entry posted:

It's the same Cutco knife set we still have from when my wife got suckered into selling them in college :lol:

:same:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I watched a video of some guy sharpening a $3 knife with like $150 of whetstones and it got incredibly sharp and now I feel like my fancy Global knives are pointless (lol)

they look good though

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Now watch this video of sharpening a knife on a brick and consider that that guy’s hundred and fifty bucks of rocks are pointless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSt2mCWGFII

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I watched a video of some guy sharpening a $3 knife with like $150 of whetstones and it got incredibly sharp and now I feel like my fancy Global knives are pointless (lol)

they look good though

I can't tell you if you overpaid for your knives, but one of the main advantages of a good knife is that it will hold the edge much better and longer. You can put the effort in and get a good edge on almost any knife that isn't made of tinfoil, but a lovely knife is going to dull again very quickly and possibly even roll an edge because they weren't made to hold one. If you have good knives you can have them sharpened once in a while, maintain them, and have a way better time than trying to make a poo poo knife work for you.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Global knives have gimmick handles for babies.

Other than that, they’re fine.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Ashcans posted:

I can't tell you if you overpaid for your knives, but one of the main advantages of a good knife is that it will hold the edge much better and longer. You can put the effort in and get a good edge on almost any knife that isn't made of tinfoil, but a lovely knife is going to dull again very quickly and possibly even roll an edge because they weren't made to hold one. If you have good knives you can have them sharpened once in a while, maintain them, and have a way better time than trying to make a poo poo knife work for you.

I love the (cheap end) Henkels set we have but I do have to hit 'em with a power whetting at least three times a year

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Platystemon posted:

Now watch this video of sharpening a knife on a brick and consider that that guy’s hundred and fifty bucks of rocks are pointless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSt2mCWGFII

I went camping at a campground one time, and my buddy brought a hatchet that he'd snagged at like costco or something right as he was leaving for the trip. We tried to split some firewood with it and it was loving useless. I said "hey lemme see that for a minute" and walked over to an old concrete roll bumper/parking chock that was nearby. Like 2 minutes using it as a sharpening stone put an awesome edge on it. We used it to split a couple dozen birch logs that night for our site and the site next to us.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 2, 2024

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I think I've had them 15 years and I only need to sharpen them a handful of times a year but yes they are in fact..

Platystemon posted:

Other than that, they’re fine.

Which is perfect because I let my 3 year old play with them

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Most edged tools come intentionally blunted. You should always sharpen them before use

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I don't know what's going on here, but I felt the need to share

https://i.imgur.com/40FTdok.mp4

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Doesn't seem very well done. They should try a different medium.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Platystemon posted:

???

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

He said BABIES, not boobys. Learn to read, christ

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

PurpleXVI posted:

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1763875209541501338

First time I've seen this, I think: Ukrainian forces using drones to sprinkle rebar caltrops along Russian-held roads.

Content: Video of Russians complaining about their trucks being disabled, tires absolutely fuckled, by the rebar caltrops.

This is more brilliant combat construction. Bet you could take pretty much any group of volunteers aged 12+ and in 20 minutes teach them to use a metal chop saw to cut pointy rebar and make some simple booger welds to crank these out at volume.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

canyoneer posted:

This is more brilliant combat construction. Bet you could take pretty much any group of volunteers aged 12+ and in 20 minutes teach them to use a metal chop saw to cut pointy rebar and make some simple booger welds to crank these out at volume.

It is wild to me that the Russian soldier is allowed to post a video that basically serves as an instruction manual of "here is this easy-to-make thing that is really effective against us and simple to deploy."

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Nitrox posted:

I don't know what's going on here, but I felt the need to share

https://i.imgur.com/40FTdok.mp4

Creative arson?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The caption I saw was some aluminum siding blew loose in high winds and contacted a power line.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Oh I thought it was very poorly executed Grand Opening pyrotechnics :v:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

I wonder what happened to the International Meat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Arrath posted:

Oh I thought it was very poorly executed Grand Opening pyrotechnics :v:

Gender reveal gone wrong. Except not that wrong since nobody died (yet) and a million acre wildfire wasn't started.