Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

pseudodragon posted:

You can still send guys 21-23 down on game days then.

Not if you actually want them dressed! Right now you can bank cap space by demoting waiver-ineligible players on off days between game days that they dress for, which is stupid. I don't know if this also changes their salaries for players on two-way deals, which would obviously suck for the player.

pseudodragon posted:

Also if someone gets traded from a team that's played 62 games to a team that's played 59 does their cap/game change? Does it change their actual paycheque?

Salaries and cap hits are different. But for the former part, teams should have to accrue cap hits for the games they have the player, yes (and I think they do as is anyway).

I do think teams should get extra credit if they trade a guy like Mike Sillinger so many times he manages to play 90 games in one season, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!

pseudodragon posted:

Also if someone gets traded from a team that's played 62 games to a team that's played 59 does their cap/game change? Does it change their actual paycheque?

This came up on the 32 Thoughts podcast this week, and it doesn’t change anything.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zaroff posted:

This came up on the 32 Thoughts podcast this week, and it doesn’t change anything.

If they tried to get me to play 3 games for free I would simply quit.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Zakhar Bardakov sounds like the name of a fictional player in an EA NHL game you pick in the 6th round.

Cartoon Man posted:

Torts and Bruce Boudreau are two coaches I’d love to go have a beer with.

I love that his reaction was something I'd imagine a Gen Z'er saying.

"STOP IT!" :lol:

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Here is the doggo for everyone who didn't already know who Coffee Cake is (aka me 5 minutes ago):

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

badass. getting one (1) pick for Kurtis Macdermid may be the best trade Joe Sakic’s been involved in

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Lol

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I don't get why the Devils make that trade. In October sure it makes sense that maybe you think you need some muscle. But he's an expiring contract and not really somebody you want in your lineup if you're chasing a playoff spot this late in the season.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Philadelphia Flyers

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I heard a rumor that they're dogshit garbage OP

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Flyers next 2 games are at home versus the Sens and Blues. Then poo poo gets difficult.

If they don't come away with 4 points, I think they're selling. I mean they might be selling anyway, but they're writing off the playoffs.

Tonight was also their 6th straight loss to a divisional opponent.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 2, 2024

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
They should sell. They're making the playoffs anyways. But, they should sell.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
If anyone other than Boston or Florida comes out of the East, I will be shocked. It doesn't really matter what the other teams do.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
that might be the most Devils loss of the year

https://twitter.com/CJTDevil/status/1763804022379835721

lool

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
The ending of NJ vs ANH must be seen to believe

https://youtu.be/lXqaohDUyBY?si=MzFXKQudN9wNLTdk

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
That was a ducks hockey game alright

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Call Your Grandma posted:

Here is the doggo for everyone who didn't already know who Coffee Cake is (aka me 5 minutes ago):

damb that’s a cute dog :)

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Mr. Kite posted:

If anyone other than Boston or Florida comes out of the East, I will be shocked. It doesn't really matter what the other teams do.

Any team that makes the playoffs and catches a hot goalie at the right time could come out of the East

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://x.com/friedgehnic/status/1763942740604203237

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Boooooooo

Wanted a good FA saga

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

8 x $11.6M is a steal, gently caress you Canucks

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

To be very very fair, this is arguably them cashing in on all the bad karma from the Benning years.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

To be very very fair, this is arguably them cashing in on all the bad karma from the Benning years.

yeah but the canucks earned all the suffering and bad energy from the benning years

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh will he wake up now? Will the team???

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I feel really bad for Elias. He doesn't realize they're going to go right back to being The Canucks and he just consigned himself to spending the rest of his prime there?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

With the lack of difference-makers available I would genuinely like to see NJ dangle Toffoli and try to get a haul for him, but I doubt ownership wants to send the surrender signal to the players or the fan base after last year.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yeah, I haven't seen much of them this season but going from like 20 points out of the playoffs to top of the league in a year feels like they're gonna come back to earth.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Cocaine Bear posted:

Yeah, I haven't seen much of them this season but going from like 20 points out of the playoffs to top of the league in a year feels like they're gonna come back to earth.

Devils 2.0

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

T-Bone posted:

that might be the most Devils loss of the year

https://twitter.com/CJTDevil/status/1763804022379835721

lool

55 shots to 23 and you lose to a horrible team in a critical game. The season is over.

It's just shameful that this front office has sat back and watched this season play out with this level of underachievment and has done nothing.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 2, 2024

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
https://x.com/CanucksArmy/status/1763949846673940749?s=20

Seems like a decent price? I don't even know anymore. Either way it'll be nice to have the speculation over.

Edit: Didn't see the price was also posted above. Whoops!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

At least a million dollar discount for a prime age player putting up 100 points a season

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

At least a million dollar discount for a prime age player putting up 100 points a season

threaten to send a mfer to carolina and they'll cave on negotiations every time

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Pettersson is making Nylander money

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

mcmagic posted:

55 shots to 23 and you lose to a horrible team in a critical game. The season is over.

It's just shameful that this front office has sat back and watched this season play out with this level of underachievment and has done nothing.

if only there were a goalie having a remarkable season who were available

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Mr. Kite posted:

If I had to bet and put them into tiers I think I'd go Florida as the favorite, then whoever wins the Metro (probably Carolina or NYR), then Boston and Toronto, then everyone else. Boston banked a lot of points early in the season but "not having a real 1st or 2nd line center" is starting to catch up to them. They're basically held afloat by having the best goaltending tandem, Pastrnak, and McAvoy. Anything can happen in the playoffs though.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
WOOOOOOOOOO

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Congrats Canucks fans, I thought that was looking pretty bleak

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023
FUUUCK YEEEEESSS

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

I don’t know, it seems expensive for a defenseman in the Canucks system before even playing his first game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
loving awesome.

Now I want to see what Carolina's offer was