Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

rkd_ posted:

So considering Sukuna wasn’t even giving it his all yet, how do people here predict he will be defeated?

comedy guy's gonna come back and trip him up down some stairs and he'll break his neck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Takaba is gonna make sukuna laugh so hard he will puke out of both mouths

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

rkd_ posted:

So considering Sukuna wasn’t even giving it his all yet, how do people here predict he will be defeated?

Sukuna gets so distracted that he doesn't feel a crow from Mei Mei flying into his head and he dies instantly.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

rkd_ posted:

We still don't know what's up with Yuji's body swapping or what they're doing with the bodies they take away. Those won't necessarily be the gambits that beat Sukuna but might end up playing a significant part.

It's being floated in jest but I suspect what ultimately does Sukuna in is his own hubris; not taking Yuji & co seriously enough so that, by the time he's truly backed into a corner, he's too worn down to pull off a winning reversal.

Hence

Conspiratiorist posted:

Now I'm looking forward to the "Nah, I'd win." Sukuna edit.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

rkd_ posted:

By Yuji I imagine.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The final battle will be Sukuna and Yuji. Yuji will be exhausted, on the verge of defeat... and then he'll pull out a deck of cards. "You might be the King of Curses, but can you be the King of GAMES?"

And then Sukuna will lose but realize that there's an entire new realm of children's games to play and become the best at and we'll start the sequel series where the two journey together to become the greatest CCG players of all time.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It feels weird how much stuff about Kenjaku and Yuji sort of was hinted at and then shown briefly and then I guess was dropped since he's dead now. No resolution!

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

bit of a wet fart ending after the chapter itself sure, but i agree with the folks saying that sukuna pulling some reversal was inevitable at this point in the fight. everything post-gojo has been "new combatant does something cool"->"sukuna wriggles his way out of the jam" and it's getting annoying i agree, but did anyone really expect maki to go ahead and just win this chapter?

separately, maki grinning when sukuna grabs the sword and just swinging him headfirst into the ground is wonderful

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It feels weird how much stuff about Kenjaku and Yuji sort of was hinted at and then shown briefly and then I guess was dropped since he's dead now. No resolution!

I'm guessing it will come back up in this fight somehow but weird it will not actually involve Kenjaku being around.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I would honestly be surprised if it comes down to a 1-1 between Yuji and Sukuna, all of Yuji's big fights have been duo's.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Something i don’t think I’ve seen thrown around is that we’re all assuming sukuna wanting to complete the tengen merger just for kicks is Kenny’s fail-safe measure but im feeling like we will see some very late game twist where Yuji accidentally activates this somehow given the circumstances around his birth.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Gologle posted:

I would honestly be surprised if it comes down to a 1-1 between Yuji and Sukuna, all of Yuji's big fights have been duo's.

Will absolutely lose my poo poo if Todo tags in one last time to jump some mother fucker that thinks he's bad messing with his little brother.

Oh hey, was it ever explicitly said how Yuji and Yuta "cheated" to get so much stronger in one month?

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 2, 2024

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

i blame the weekly schedule burnout

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

those backshots must have been insane tho

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
So Yuta survived? Rika was carrying him.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

No Wave posted:

So Yuta survived? Rika was carrying him.

I think that's the strong implication, yes. But he's burned out his cursed technique with the domain expansion and is going to have to heal for a long time, so i don't know that he's gonna be back in the fight.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
choso is a good brother

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Yuta definitely survives that. Ui Ui is 100% teleporting these guys to Shoko while she's getting her RCT buffed by Utahime. I think we'll find out Higuruma could be saved like that, maybe, and that they probably tried and failed with Gojo. My hypothesis anyway.

As for the fight, a few more Sukuna reversals were definitely inevitable. I think the issue is just the tone. "He isn't really trying yet" is not the narrative anyone wants to see at this point, "you're about to see what happens when the strongest sorcerer in history starts to feel cornered" would have a similar impact without implying he's shrugged off the 40 chapters of fight so far

Maki getting flame arrowed makes sense tbh. It has the thematic connection to her already experiencing Jogo's flames and surviving - now that she has evolved, can she also survive the flames that burnt Jogo? Probably not but I hope she doesn't die!

I like how Hakari has probably gotten killed about twenty times but he's still bullshitting with Uraume about the other fight.

If Maki gets dropped who is left? If Sukuna continues to weaken and, say, uses flame arrow to deal with Maki, I can see Kusakabe, Mei and Choso holding him off for a while, but they aren't going to put him down. Maybe buy time for the body snatching foreshadowing to pay off though.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

My prediction for how Sukuna is going to be beat is definitely by Yuji. It feels like the most obvious, correct, and potentially satisfying. HOW remains to be seen, but the gang has had a lot of chance to plan. We dont really know much about Yuji's soul power, and we also don't know if we truly know the full extent of the gangs plan. They could very well be trying to bait out "open," and understand it slightly better than we expect.Yuji does have all the memories of Sukuna being in control, so he might very well know what the Sukuna has to do to access it. Whatever that censored word was, Yuji heard it.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

It seems almost too important to talk about Sukuna being able to see the outline of his soul thanks to sharing a body with Yuji right now and not have that end up factoring into how he gets beaten. It just seemed like a weird place to talk about RCT healing almost out of nowhere with the visuals like that.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Perhaps, since Sukuna can see the "shape of the soul", the World Dismantle also inflicts soul damage meaning they couldn't save Gojo and will be having a hard time healing Yuta, and also explains why Yuji is still bleeding (but has a better shot than anyone else at RCTing himself up).

Higuruma got hit a regular Cleave iirc so he's still got a chance if the Utahime-buffed Shoko or similar gambit is what's going on.

What I'm holding out for is Kusakabe getting some focus, but Gege's full intention for the character might be for all his cool moments to be of the "blink and you'll miss it" variety.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

If Takaba at least gets a solid 5 minutes 1v1 with Sukuna I will say everything was worth it

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

If I was to wildly speculate on how Sukuna goes down: Black Flash from Yuji that serves as the activation/trigger for his own cursed technique which combines Soul Resonance and Boogie Woogie to swap his soul with Megumi's. Yuji can then suppress Sukuna but succumbs to the accumulated damage that this body took over the course of the fight, leading to him dying surrounded by his friends and taking Sukuna with him.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i miss gojo

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Stairmaster posted:

i miss gojo

who?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

The volcano guy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Infected posted:

If I was to wildly speculate on how Sukuna goes down: Black Flash from Yuji that serves as the activation/trigger for his own cursed technique which combines Soul Resonance and Boogie Woogie to swap his soul with Megumi's. Yuji can then suppress Sukuna but succumbs to the accumulated damage that this body took over the course of the fight, leading to him dying surrounded by his friends and taking Sukuna with him.

Honestly this is pretty close to my guess or something close. It ending with Yuji choosing to die to destroy Sukuna, surrounded by the people who he considered friends/loved ones (at least those who are alive which is admittedly a short list) brings everything full circle to the first chapter but it makes it his choice rather than something forced upon him.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Yuji is going to die and be surrounded by his friends... in the airport...cuz they also died when sukuna killed them all and won

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I do want to see Sukuna eat it before Uraume just to get another scene with them hyping up how this is nothing and that sukuna still has tricks before him crapping out.

Just the audience stand in for sukuna stans.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

its smart from Sukuna to tank a sword to the heart and multiple near-death events from Gojo for the lols to not even be close to going all-out.

if i was fighting a battle to the death i'd also do that. definitely.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

UnderFreddy posted:

its smart from Sukuna to tank a sword to the heart and multiple near-death events from Gojo for the lols to not even be close to going all-out.

I mean that's pretty much what every fight-addicted shonen man does.

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

UnderFreddy posted:

It guess this is what Gojo meant by saying he probably would have lost even if Sukuna didn’t have the Ten Shadows technique. Wonder what else Sukuna has up his sleeve that goes even beyond that.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

UnderFreddy posted:

The implication I get isn't that Sukuna was holding back against Gojo. It's that nobody else is on Gojo's level to push Sukuna to make him give his best in spite of how debilitated he's become.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It has been awhile since a shounen boss fight bored me as much as Aizen but good lord this is up there

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

Brought To You By posted:

The implication I get isn't that Sukuna was holding back against Gojo. It's that nobody else is on Gojo's level to push Sukuna to make him give his best in spite of how debilitated he's become.

He definitely still has abilities that he hasn’t used against Gojo. That’s probably also why Gojo said he probably would have lost even if Sukuna didn’t have the Ten Shadows technique.

Also, that final panel shows a whole different Sukuna from before.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Rody One Half posted:

It has been awhile since a shounen boss fight bored me as much as Aizen but good lord this is up there

I'm gonna say something controversial but

Aizen was a better villain than Sukuna.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I didn’t even notice that Sukuna sneakily recited 2/3rds of the chant while Maki was destroying the rubble flying at her.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I'm gonna say something controversial but

Aizen was a better villain than Sukuna.

Lol you people are absolutely goofballs

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah I disagree on the Aizen comparison. I said before and I'll say it again: This chapter kicked a lot of rear end until the very last page. And yeah, I understand that the fights aren't ending here, but there is a way to express that in a way that doesn't feel like the series is saying "we've been spinning our wheels in the mud for the last few months." My frustration is the form of the kicker at the end moreso than the spirit of it.

Kashimo felt like an intensely wet fart. This chapter was not that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

My read on the ending line is that it's basically like Black Flash. Sukuna is legit taking damage and getting hosed up, but he isn't feeling the vibe of a fight to the death yet as nobody's hit him with anything he finds crazy or interesting since Gojo. If he got really invested into the fight, it would spike his power back up the same way a Black Flash would. He's still got tools in reserve like Open to keep himself alive, but if he was enjoying himself or found the people he was fighting interesting he'd be more invested in the fight even with the massive damage he's taking and would likely be receiving a similar boost to a Black Flash. It's more-so about Sukuna's mindset and personality and he doesn't need to get hyped for this when he's still got some final cards to play.