Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Red Bull can continue to operate but only on the condition that Roy Nissany drives both cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Witeldram posted:

Due to all the controversy surrounding Red Bull, Red Bull should be banned from all future races until further notice

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

https://x.com/FastestPitStop/status/1764361775216988485?s=20
https://x.com/FastestPitStop/status/1764369855711465765?s=20

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:munch:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

andretti buys alpine and puts horner in charge

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

It's gonna turn out that the leak came from Red Bull itself...

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Harry Lime posted:

This piece by Kate Wager was up on Road and Track was pulled within a day of it going up I have to imagine due to it being pretty critical and I expect not to the liking of the sponsor but it's still on various web archival sites and is worth the read.

https://web.archive.org/web/20240301170542/https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a46975496/behind-f1-velvet-curtain/

I really enjoyed this. I was curious whether there was any discussion about it so I looked it up on the Reddit f1 sub and the few comments the submission got are overwhelmingly negative lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The leaker was Checo’s dad

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Evil Empires always crumble from within.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

refleks posted:

thats pretty much what the original article claims

quote:

But then the Thai Yoovidhya clan, majority owners of Red Bull GmbH, are said to have placed their protective hand over Horner. On February 28, the results of the Horner investigation were presented in a brief press release - and to the surprise of many who had seen the evidence, Horner was exonerated.

To this day, there are doubts about the independence of the investigation, and BusinessF1 's story lists numerous details that support these suspicions. Also in relation to who ultimately hired the lawyer. And, bizarre detail: After Horner was questioned, he is said to have gone on vacation for two weeks and was unavailable.

This in turn apparently annoyed people, not named by BusinessF1 , who had become aware of the matter. They decided to take matters into their own hands and began leaking information to the media.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

refleks posted:

Gotta be

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The head of the FIA asked Max to publically back Horner.

Feel like this is something that shouldnt be going on.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Isn't Business F1 the publication that made up the story about Susie Wolff and said Mazepin was awesome

serious gaylord posted:

loving hell this whole thing could cause me to soften my stance on Max.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

what a stupid organization

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Awkward Davies posted:

I really enjoyed this. I was curious whether there was any discussion about it so I looked it up on the Reddit f1 sub and the few comments the submission got are overwhelmingly negative lol

She’s a woman and a cycling reporter, she’s the antithesis of what those basement dwellers would consider informed journalism

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

She’s a woman and a cycling reporter, she’s the antithesis of what those basement dwellers would consider informed journalism

You wouldn't need to mention the cycling part for those cretins.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Thanks Ants posted:

Isn't Business F1 the publication that made up the story about Susie Wolff and said Mazepin was awesome

Yes, it's pretty much a tabloid. The latest issue has a story about Guenther's firing titled "Death of the clown".

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

marshalljim posted:

Yes, it's pretty much a tabloid. The latest issue has a story about Guenther's firing titled "Death of the clown".

idk that's an accurate headline

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

serious gaylord posted:

Is there anything MBS can't make worse through his involvement.

Makes me wonder if this happening after MBS and Horner met in Bahrain is what led to Jos blowing his stack, having Horner try to go around him to get a statement in such a misleading way.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Awkward Davies posted:

there's no better endorsement really

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5dom3Li7d0

Watching this video and holy moly Jim Farley looks like Chris. I know they were cousins, but still.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Awkward Davies posted:

Im not quite sure why they invited her because this is literally what she does for a living. I think it was the warts and all expose of how ridiculous the F1 show is.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

New tag

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

serious gaylord posted:

Im not quite sure why they invited her because this is literally what she does for a living. I think it was the warts and all expose of how ridiculous the F1 show is.

I wouldn't be surprised at Ineos being the cause of the removal, most of the article was mocking the trip they offered without any positive press about their off-road toy. The f1 circus was mentioned in passing compared to the fancy treats offered by the robber barons.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

SlowBloke posted:

I wouldn't be surprised at Ineos being the cause of the removal, most of the article was mocking the trip they offered without any positive press about their off-road toy. The f1 circus was mentioned in passing compared to the fancy treats offered by the robber barons.

She accurately summed up why they invite people to these things and she absolutely was not interested in playing the game.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Just got back from Dune 2.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

https://www.motorsport-total.com/formel-1/news/neue-entwicklungen-in-horner-affaere-mintzlaff-wollte-ihn-schon-kuendigen-24030308

quote:

The affair surrounding Christian Horner, the team boss of Red Bull Racing, is not coming to an end. After a highly explosive data leak became known , which was leaked to hundreds of people in the Formula 1 paddock on the sidelines of the season opener in Bahrain, a story that contains new explosive material is now appearing in the March issue of the industry magazine BusinessF1 .

Oliver Mintzlaff (right) actually wanted to throw Christian Horner out
On 17 pages, the Horner affair is detailed in detail and, among other things, the name of the employee who made the allegations against Horner is mentioned for the first time. It is told how the woman collapsed on the sidelines of a racing weekend and, crying, told colleagues for the first time about her boss's transgressive behavior.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

That's gotta be it for MBS, that's completely hosed

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

wicka posted:

One can hope. That guy sucks.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If this burns the entire sport to the ground so I can be free I will be forever grateful to Red Bull

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

The problem with MBS is that he is the end byproduct of the FIA and the racing community at large being perfectly fine with opaque authoritarian regimes with questionable human rights records dumping money into it to whitewash themselves and their behaviour. He is what the people who voted for him to be president wanted and that is not going away just because he's saying what they're thinking out loud.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tony quidprano posted:

The problem with MBS is that he is the end byproduct of the FIA and the racing community at large being perfectly fine with opaque authoritarian regimes with questionable human rights records dumping money into it to whitewash themselves and their behaviour. He is what the people who voted for him to be president wanted and that is not going away just because he's saying what they're thinking out loud.

Counterpoint: the FIA loves nothing more than swinging their dicks around and feeling important and historically that has meant the exact opposite of going to bat for F1 team principals.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

wicka posted:

Counterpoint: the FIA loves nothing more than swinging their dicks around and feeling important and historically that has meant the exact opposite of going to bat for F1 team principals.

This. Horner is rapidly becoming radioactive, and MBS throwing his support behind him will attract a lot of bad press. The FIA put MBS where he is, and they can just as easily remove him if his presidency is deemed to no longer be in the organization's best interests.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

1. The FIA's beef is over the money it gets out of F1 and by transference Liberty, not the team principles.
2. Anything I have heard MBS say ever has ranged from mildly offensive to outright mysognistic. I'm not seeing a scenario where MBS sees what Horner did and goes "Oh yeah he did something wrong there"

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It's honestly amazing that the fia and ioc couldn't work something out to put Motorsport in the Olympics

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

That money comes from broadcasters, sponsors, and fans, all of whom don't want the bad press Horner is attracting. We've already seen this from Ford. Any sane person would want Horner out even if that sane person is overtly corrupt and only looking to enrich themself. Trying to cover it up makes zero sense from literally any perspective.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

That money comes from broadcasters, sponsors, and fans, all of whom don't want the bad press Horner is attracting. We've already seen this from Ford. Any sane person would want Horner out even if that sane person is overtly corrupt and only looking to enrich themself. Trying to cover it up makes zero sense from literally any perspective.

All that money goes to Liberty, FIA gets its money through licensing fees from the teams and circuits. What possible motive would MBS have for just pissing all over liberty's side of the revenue stream by making this poo poo stick around in the news cycle longer ????

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Harry Lime posted:

This piece by Kate Wager was up on Road and Track was pulled within a day of it going up I have to imagine due to it being pretty critical and I expect not to the liking of the sponsor but it's still on various web archival sites and is worth the read.

https://web.archive.org/web/20240301170542/https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a46975496/behind-f1-velvet-curtain/

Thanks for this

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tony quidprano posted:

All that money goes to Liberty, FIA gets its money through licensing fees from the teams and circuits. What possible motive would MBS have for just pissing all over liberty's side of the revenue stream by making this poo poo stick around in the news cycle longer ????

What possible motive would he have for trying to cover it up, bud? It doesn't benefit him in one single way, and now it's an even bigger story because the dumbfuck had to involve himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If you want the story out of the news cycle then you loving fire the guy, end of.