Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Fun stats: the Sabres have the same number of regulation wins as they did a year ago. They have more regulation wins right now than Detroit, Washington, NYI and Pittsburgh. They are tied with Toronto.

They basically never go to OT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Koopa Kid posted:

Rough part for the Pens is that they have a decent goal differential, the goals just haven’t lined up into a winning record

Gotta remember that 10-0 win against the Sharks is doing a lot of the heavy lifting for that goal differential.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

move the trade deadline up a couple weeks

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

quick gets another year

https://twitter.com/vzmercogliano/status/1764331648861000159?s=46

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

To clarify, that's 1 year after this year.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

He took three strides right before the hit in a direct line. It's a pretty clear charge

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He also jumped.

The 6 inches he had on the guy wasn't enough I guess.

Even the Rangers broadcast called it.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 3, 2024

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

He took three strides right before the hit in a direct line. It's a pretty clear charge

Nah.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

WeaponX posted:

The most insecure organization in the league when it comes to being real tough guys.

But enough about the Rangers

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

He's a puppy with big paws. It's a borderline charge and he didn't leave his feet at initial contact. And Toronto won the game lmbo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

nah

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
leafs and rangers fans combining to voltron into the ultimate fuckin doof

mennoknight fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 3, 2024

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Leaving your feet doesn't matter if you take 3 strides in a direct line lmao. You're not allowed 2!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Gotta remember that 10-0 win against the Sharks is doing a lot of the heavy lifting for that goal differential.

New advanced stat: goal diff not including games against teams obviously in the tank

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Koopa Kid posted:

New advanced stat: goal diff not including games against teams obviously in the tank

Actually now that you mention it, it would be cool to see "goal differential against teams in playoff position" or something like that

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Chad Sexington posted:

But enough about the Rangers

I never said the rangers weren’t a close second

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Caps pregame said Kuzy has said he’d go to Hershey and skate. We’ll find out soon enough.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

He's not gonna walk away from 10 million. He'll show up for a month then they'll buy him out this summer

This is the right answer.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Caps pregame said Kuzy has said he’d go to Hershey and skate. We’ll find out soon enough.

Maybe he just wants to go to chocolate world, Hershey Park and then Troegs.

Having gone to school near Hershey, He’s gonna run out of things to do very quickly. The rubber duck parade in Pottstown isn’t until July 4th.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://x.com/frank_seravalli/status/1764365975351099507?s=20

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Was Redden the highest before Kuzy? Need to know the correlation between AHL demotions and crushing nose beers now

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Let the Caps fire sale commence.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Let the Caps fire sale commence.

Ovi to the Pens, Sid to the Caps. Fun way to end their careers.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Sid to Ovie for the record would be.....something. I don't even care which jersey it's in.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

quote:

Second-year winger Kent Johnson has missed the last two games after suffering an upper-body injury on the final faceoff of the game on Wednesday in New York. If he’s not able to play in any of the Blue Jackets’ games this week Goon note: he's now out indefinitely — Monday vs. Vegas, Tuesday at Pittsburgh, Thursday vs. Edmonton — he could end up in the same situation as Fantilli: Not able to be “papered” by the Blue Jackets for a spot in the AHL postseason.

Sports are pain. :suicide:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://x.com/thechargingbuf/status/1764450695036522979?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

Unbelievable goal

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I love that Tom Wilson has resorted to taking unsportsmanlike penalties in critical games because he can't bother to actually impact the game any more.

God what a horrible decision to re-sign him.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
No one saw it coming
(Much like his hits)

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
It's funny how everyone except Caps management saw this a mile away. They should've traded his rear end for a haul of picks and prospects.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Can you imagine a Maple Leafs roster with both Reaves and Wilson on it? I feel like we were deprived of something magical.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Wilson being on the roster would obviously have negated the “need” to sign Reaves, but I sure am glad that the Caps saved Dubas from himself anyway

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Wilson being on the roster would obviously have negated the “need” to sign Reaves, but I sure am glad that the Caps saved Dubas from himself anyway

Reaves is back up to almost 50% xGF%. The time off actually helped him be able to skate again, although given that his knees are pulverizing themselves it's probably only a matter of time until he's back to being useless.

Kampf, meanwhile, had such a long stretch of godawful play that he's barely at 42%. He finally surpassed Gregor, though, who I don't think was playing through any kind of injury besides that mysterious illness that the entire team had back in January.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Tonight was the first time the Sabres lost in regulation when leading after 2 periods since April 7, 2022!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I said my piece on Reaves earlier in the thread, but I don’t think that he’s playing better than he did so much as those previous results were down to the whole team malfunctioning. Kampf seems healthier, Holmberg can actually transport the puck, the d pairs have been more reliable, so now a do-nothing guy like Reaves can skate around and look ok instead of abysmal, he wasn’t dragging the line down by himself back in October

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I have a feeling Dubas is gonna be selling everything that's not nailed down this week.

So uhh Jake Guentzel I guess because every other person has a NMC or NTC lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

I have a feeling Dubas is gonna be selling everything that's not nailed down this week.

Just checked that score and I am very glad I decided to keep playing balatro rather than watch that game

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

It seems like the playoffs are set, but I think there're a bunch of teams who aren't really in it that think they are

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Trade Crosby

to New York

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://x.com/seattlekraken/status/1764481891988873252

Trocheck is gonna kill Wennberg for this ketchup on pasta poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Ginette Reno posted:

Some also have Respect In The Room

https://x.com/nhl_watcher/status/1764109401168695723?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q