Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I like SLJ but he’s a million years old and it’ll be sad to see him “seamlessly” replaced with a CG cartoon for action sequences. He can barely go above a slow walk in that last SHAFT movie. It’ll just be embarrassing (like most Disney Star Wars) when we have to pretend this old dude can suddenly flip out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

well why not posted:

I like SLJ but he’s a million years old and it’ll be sad to see him “seamlessly” replaced with a CG cartoon for action sequences. He can barely go above a slow walk in that last SHAFT movie. It’ll just be embarrassing (like most Disney Star Wars) when we have to pretend this old dude can suddenly flip out.

I guess he could be a calm dude threatening with silent violence and an occasionally booming voice, that might be in the wheelhouse of current Star Wars. But I hope it's just plain Jackson if that happens, no robot limbs or half-cyborg head or whatever. Basically Count Dooku 2.0.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/NickdeSemlyen/status/1763602972838142457

I'd rather he offer his voice to an animated series instead, so he could go all-out in a story set before/during/after the Clone Wars

Give me Tales of Mace Windu

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 2, 2024

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Hear me out
A older Jedi who doesn't do flips and spins but instead uses the force and idnno "a lightsaber" to kick rear end

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Upsidads posted:

Hear me out
A older Jedi who doesn't do flips and spins but instead uses the force and idnno "a lightsaber" to kick rear end

Right, right. Cool. But what if, and hear me out, he does flips and spins too? How sick would that be!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Why did the guy named "Mace" use a saber?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Vim Fuego posted:

Catches folk off guard.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Grendels Dad posted:

I guess he could be a calm dude threatening with silent violence and an occasionally booming voice, that might be in the wheelhouse of current Star Wars. But I hope it's just plain Jackson if that happens, no robot limbs or half-cyborg head or whatever. Basically Count Dooku 2.0.

I'm picturing him just walking real slow and everyone dumb enough to get in lightsaber range just falls to pieces in a purple blur.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Vim Fuego posted:

and why did he lose if his name is windu?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Martman posted:

and why did he lose if his name is windu?

Some people are named after where they were born, Mace was named after where he would die.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!

Upsidads posted:

Hear me out

Yeah this.

Whatever dumb reason they have for bringing Mace Windu back, and of course they will, they'll need to have a satisfying reason for 'why didn't Mace do anything the last 20+ years'.

They'll do that, and it won't be satisfying at all. And we'll see some sick flips.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Isometric Bacon posted:

Yeah this.

Whatever dumb reason they have for bringing Mace Windu back, and of course they will, they'll need to have a satisfying reason for 'why didn't Mace do anything the last 20+ years'.

They'll do that, and it won't be satisfying at all. And we'll see some sick flips.
Mace bonks his heads when he lands from Palpatine's windu and loses his memory.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Mace dies on impact but 2 young Coruscant businessmen find his corpse and use it to get into all sorts of hilarious hijinks. I call it.. Weekend at Windus

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Really thought you were going for Dead Mace Windu Storage

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I'd love a Mace Windu story. They could just have old man Windu as a very bitter worn-down half-cyborg lone samurai type that's purely out for revenge. Show how hosed up he is and how his previously delicate balance between Jedi & Sith has given way to much stronger Sith leanings and he's purely out for revenge. Have him after Sheev after discovering Anakin disappeared which leads to him boarding a Destroyer slaughtering everyone (like Luke in that one Mandalorian episode where he looks like Vader) and maybe using some Sith powers to show how far gone he is and Sheev genuinely being terrified of him because Windu pretty much had him beat last time. Climax is him getting to Sheev's throne room and meeting Vader for the first time and just having a flashy yet brutal fight with Windu fighting Vader & Sheev which isn't easy for them, but in the end Vader actually wins (he's jobbed so hard for so long he needs a good win and him against a Windu that's given in to the dark side with all his rage and bitterness would be apt imo) so we actually get something that shows just how powerful he really is and also get to see Windu loving poo poo up as well. Doesn't need to be a TV show, just make it a movie where we get to enjoy the most powerful force users going batshit for a while.

I'm not a hardcore fan and just like the fun cool stuff when it comes to Star Wars so this might be everyone's worst nightmare idk but I think it would be a fun movie v:shobon:v

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Robot Style posted:

Sometimes Lucas would even use Spielberg to trick the team into exploring his more out-there ideas. He found that the artists might push back against a suggestion if it came from him, but would eagerly accept the exact same idea if he said it came from Spielberg.

This needs to be made common knowledge to erase the insanely lazy RLM theory that Lucas surrounded himself with “yes men”

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

He never stopped falling till now, had to eat flying birds also door dash to survive

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Guy A. Person posted:

This needs to be made common knowledge to erase the insanely lazy RLM theory that Lucas surrounded himself with “yes men”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCi5PrlmEFo

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Upsidads posted:

He never stopped falling till now, had to eat flying birds also door dash to survive

10 episode Mace Windu Disney+ show. He falls the entire time, it all takes place midair in Coruscant. In the season finale he successfully hails a cab

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

By the time he lands, palatine died and came back and died again

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Vim Fuego posted:

10 episode Mace Windu Disney+ show. He falls the entire time, it all takes place midair in Coruscant. In the season finale he successfully hails a cab

Each city level he falls closer to his death is marked by flashbacks to previous eras of his life, during which he is forced to relive all the bad decisions of a lifetime that led to this defenestration

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

MrMojok posted:

Each city level he falls closer to his death is marked by flashbacks to previous eras of his life, during which he is forced to relive all the bad decisions of a lifetime that led to this defenestration

*Record scratch freeze frame*

Yep. That's me. You're probably wondering how the baddest motherfucker on the Jedi council found himself being thrown from a 10,000 story building.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

His flashbacks need to be of his lifetime of defenestration where he pieces clues as to why he got out similar situations in the past. And how every time trusting a dumb Jedi youth always lead to defenestration

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"The problem with growing up on Coruscant is that there is always a window within ten feet of you at any given time, and drat did the dames have a good throwing arm and unerring accuracy."

They could also use the series to flesh out other members of the council, sorta like they're doing with the upcoming Jedi Council novel: "The Living Force"

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Mace survives his defenestration and converts to Christianity.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

"The problem with growing up on Coruscant is that there is always a window within ten feet of you at any given time, and drat did the dames have a good throwing arm and unerring accuracy."

They could also use the series to flesh out other members of the council, sorta like they're doing with the upcoming Jedi Council novel: "The Living Force"

Artist is working through some ear issues

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
it's funny because living is the opposite of what all the characters on the cover end up doing

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Oh snap Yaddle's back!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Vinylshadow posted:

*sits motionless in a circle, perhaps facing each other on couches*

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I checked the last few pages, but didn't see anyone bring up the Specialest Edition of the Star Wars OT.

https://twitter.com/heyitswindy/status/1764052027800211493

I thought this was an internet comedy sketch at first, but nope! Apparently very real. There are more examples on YouTube.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

That's what they use to replenish their midichlorians.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I wish I could get full rips of that version to watch.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Martman posted:

Really thought you were going for Dead Mace Windu Storage

:ibadpop:

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

YaketySass posted:

Mace survives his defenestration and converts to Christianity.

A fate worse than death.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
What if Mace Windu could just be dead? Like, I don't think I need more from that character than "he was by all accounts a hell of a fighter who wasn't quite sharp enough to play chess with Palpatine, and so he died."

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
NO ONE'S EVER REALLY GONE

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Vim Fuego posted:

Too exciting, you need to be pitching at more of an 'Ahsoka' level. Maybe he can hail the cab in a feature film instead.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

General Dog posted:

What if Mace Windu could just be dead? Like, I don't think I need more from that character than "he was by all accounts a hell of a fighter who wasn't quite sharp enough to play chess with Palpatine, and so he died."

pack up your desk and get out, thanks

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I think most fans of Star Wars would be fine with dead characters staying dead. Disney has purple lightsabers to sell though :capitalism:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Thanks to the power of prequels, you don't even have to bring people back from the dead to bring them back. Just say that your story happened while Mace was out getting a coffee during two scenes in AotC or whatever.