Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

deoju posted:

More Dune sets?
https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Fcj7f0ctydrlc1.jpeg
It'd be rad, but I don't know what they'd do. Maybe a mini sand worm.

Nah, it's just another part of the promo for the Thopter, released now to tie into the films release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

w00tazn posted:

I still have my stupid Darth Revan Minifigure that's somehow worth $250-$350+ ??????????????????????????????????????

I’m sure with Malak being out now, that price is just gonna go up and up.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

trevorreznik posted:

Considering how many of us were able to get galaxy explorers for $50, I'd say you're right.

Attention very loud space fans: get more space stuff (m-tron!!!!) built that will be sold for half off!!

That's the big example but I feel like the same thing happened with the exosuit, just on a smaller scale. The classic space themed stuff from the second lego movie sat on shelves at my local walgreens long after the sets went retired too, and when it launched I assumed the classic space minifig set would be permanently sold out.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Should have bought more galaxy explorers

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 2, 2024

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
I would take 2 more explorers for $50 each if i could find them lol.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That Malak figure is gonna make me get the R2 set

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

That Malak figure is gonna make me get the R2 set

Uggggghhhhhh same probably even though I have and like the UCS one

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022
The Speed Champions McLaren finally arrived yesterday, so I built it and took to finally photographing my pitlane MOC properly:

This is the front 40 studs of MILS plates which are mostly the pitlane itself (and I had some cut 10 x 32 baseplate I got while buying some other bricks, so I cut it down to 8 and 2 stud ones and used the bigger here for the pit wall). Behind it is the garage itself (which is on another 32x32 baseplate) and behind that I made a small half-baseplate walkway and ended it up with the 2 stud strap for the F1 sign.

The F1 sign turned out reasonably well given that with the small space there is for it I can't really do the proper angles, the garage and the pit lane are okay, but a bit out of scale because the 8-wide speed champions are so drat big.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Saithir posted:

The Speed Champions McLaren finally arrived yesterday, so I built it and took to finally photographing my pitlane MOC properly:

This is the front 40 studs of MILS plates which are mostly the pitlane itself (and I had some cut 10 x 32 baseplate I got while buying some other bricks, so I cut it down to 8 and 2 stud ones and used the bigger here for the pit wall). Behind it is the garage itself (which is on another 32x32 baseplate) and behind that I made a small half-baseplate walkway and ended it up with the 2 stud strap for the F1 sign.

The F1 sign turned out reasonably well given that with the small space there is for it I can't really do the proper angles, the garage and the pit lane are okay, but a bit out of scale because the 8-wide speed champions are so drat big.

this is nice great work

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Saithir posted:

This is really cool, sorry that FIA is suing you now.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
:rice:

:krad:

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Happy to report that the new Technic Space range is every bit as cool as I was hoping, based on the Loader kit which is the only one I've received as yet. The VTOL and the Rover kits are in the post and my wife is going to tuck them away for my birthday in around a month.

For a $42 AU price point (RRP is $50 AU) the Loader kit has so many cool features and such a good build quality that I am immediately in love with it.

Its colour scheme also aligns with the newer City Space range which I'm sure must be intentional. It's scaled almost to the point that you could put a minifig in the driver's seat and not have it look crazy.

And the consistent Space logo is prominently placed.

Can't wait to build the others.

SadisTech fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Mar 3, 2024

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Can it actually hold a minifig (looking odd or otherwise) and interact with the System sets?

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Can it actually hold a minifig (looking odd or otherwise) and interact with the System sets?

Yeah, it can, quite comfortably. It doesn't even really look out of scale, it's just the loader would be a very big vehicle compared to the System vehicles and bases. The seat and wheel are scaled about right in the cockpit.

E: just realised while doing that that the tyre treads have a directionality and I didn't have it matched so I've had to fix that, of course

Size comparison with a few other sets:

SadisTech fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Mar 3, 2024

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
That's rad

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
This years 18+ Mario set will be $169.99. Bigger than the Piranha Plant but smaller than the other 3. Comes out in October. No word on what it is, though. Also, they are starting to remake previous sets. All 3 starter courses are getting remakes along with Peach's castle.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Did we just all miss that Bowser got his own spiritual successor to the space pimpmobile, or was that just me?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Blue Moonlight posted:

Did we just all miss that Bowser got his own spiritual successor to the space pimpmobile, or was that just me?

Personally I just gloss over anything Lego Mario that's related to the board game.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Blue Moonlight posted:

Someone didn't play Super Mario 3D Worlds

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

PriorMarcus posted:

Personally I just gloss over anything Lego Mario that's related to the board game.

What board game? The bowser car is from sm3dw

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

What board game? The bowser car is from sm3dw

I mean the Lego Mario board game/course, of which the Bowser car is an "expansion pack".

I'm sure there's a few good sets I've missed because of it, but whenever the new sets are shown off I just skim passed them because they are related to that theme.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ordered a bit more red, think it’s done minus adding an interior

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ah yeah. They are kinda garbo but there is the occasional ones that stand out as potentially their own thing.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

a sexual elk posted:

excellent work my goon

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

PriorMarcus posted:

I mean the Lego Mario board game/course, of which the Bowser car is an "expansion pack".

I'm sure there's a few good sets I've missed because of it, but whenever the new sets are shown off I just skim passed them because they are related to that theme.

I still don't understand how it's even 'played' despite seeing multiple explanations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

a sexual elk posted:

Nice work. I appreciate your Rustic Lego Crafting Table.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I gotta be careful with it, wife once melted my Mega Construx Viking Ship on it, I miss that boat

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
This thing is cool

It actually handles seasonal precession fairly accurately. Much more satisfying mechanism than I thought from looking at pre release images.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Man. Now I’m torn. I thought that one sucks and I supposed to get the bootleg one?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
There's got to be a way to replace the sun and make it less ugly

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
I don't dislike the aesthetic of having the obvious joins. The whole thing is very evidently a mechanical framework so kind of leaning into that works for me. I guess I can see the other side though.

E: Oh! Something that may be non obvious is that the Sun rotates (quite fast) as part of the mechanism. That makes the joins much less problematic in appearance than if it was just stuck on.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Snowmankilla posted:

Man. Now I’m torn. I thought that one sucks and I supposed to get the bootleg one?

I built the "bootleg" one and really really like it.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

HootTheOwl posted:

There's got to be a way to replace the sun and make it less ugly

Not supposed to stare directly at the sun anyway.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

wheatpuppy posted:

Not supposed to stare directly at the sun anyway.

No wonder it hurts

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That's what the sun actually looks like. We just can't get a good look because it is so bright.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Douche4Sale posted:

I built the "bootleg" one and really really like it.

That’s what I thought. Now I don’t know which to order!

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

Lego is still about creativity. Here are some striped houses my kid made :3:

Mad scientist's laboratory

Comfortatble bed with built-in music player

Toy store, with an idol of capitolism in front

I love this little cash register

Edit whoops wrong thread

Lavender Spliffs fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 5, 2024

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Those're some drat fine houses.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Post your favourite new or upcoming pieces.

That round hollow stud with the handle looks like it could be useful too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022

Lizard Combatant posted:

Post your favourite new or upcoming pieces.

That round hollow stud with the handle looks like it could be useful too

It's apparently from late last year sets, but I somehow managed to avoid buying any of these and only got my first one in the McLaren.