Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

ain’t no sandwich better than a grilled cheese with American cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
tofu banh mi with very crusty bread and perfectly fried tofu.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2024/04/us-anti-semitism-jewish-american-safety/677469/

I was hate reading this but after I got to the section that said criticism of the Neocons was antisemitic I had to tap out

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Some Guy TT posted:

broke: chicken-sandwich-gate is fake news

woke: chicken-sandwich-gate is real and proves how intolerant modern newsrooms are

bespoke: can you loving idiots not hear your own words how do you literally call this incident "chicken-sandwich-gate" and not immediately realize that spotlighting this kind of absurd bullshit is why noone takes you seriously anymore

I'm sure it's been the talk of the town in various New York media group texts and what's a more reliable barometer of importance to the general public than that!?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2024/04/us-anti-semitism-jewish-american-safety/677469/

I was hate reading this but after I got to the section that said criticism of the Neocons was antisemitic I had to tap out

this is the company lol
https://twitter.com/szhara/status/1656344984503873538

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

NYTimes: I’m not a Reuben

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
What is the most anti-semitic sandwich? Probably a texas tommy dog.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

ham and cheese

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

vyelkin posted:

ham and cheese

pretty sure there was even a recent incident in the israeli army with a reservist packing ham and cheese sandwiches

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

vyelkin posted:

ham and cheese

Well a Texas tommy is a hot dog with bacon and cheese

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

oyster po'boy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

double bacon cheeseburger

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
sub the fries for popcorn shrimp. serve it on a tablecloth with blended fibers

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

a turkey sandwich that was made by hitler’s ghost

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Hitler Club

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Hitler's sandwich definitely feels like it could be a county fair exhibit.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
black forest ham on jewish rye

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
she could’ve said any kind of sandwich as long as she said she’d have two glasses of scotch with it and she’d have won them over

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
the right answer to the question is "one involving biden and obama"

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

*furtively googling ‘Obama favorite sandwitch’*

“A roast turkey, prosciutto, roasted red peppers and sharp provolone sandwich for me, just like Obama used to order from Taylor Gourmet in DC”

*forces confident grin as everyone snaps in approval*

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
I gotta say the snapping in approval thing gets me. The only time I'd snap my fingers at someone is to do it twice in succession to get them to turn their head in attention so I can give them the finger.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
to be entirely fair taylor gourmet used to be really good

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

quote:

No one defaces Chinese restaurants in San Francisco because Beijing imprisons Uyghurs in concentration camps and occupies Tibet.

:thunk:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v46/n05/pankaj-mishra/the-shoah-after-gaza

i know this thread is for bad articles but this is a nice palette cleanser after that atlantic article

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
In a completely surprising turn of events the person who says the chick fil a sandwich story is real is bari Weiss

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
you mean chicken-gate wasn't about the conspiracy to rig the price of chicken eggs to go way up in 2022?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Jose posted:

In a completely surprising turn of events the person who says the chick fil a sandwich story is real is bari Weiss

Thanks, now I can't be sure if sandwiches ever existed.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

lmao who gives a poo poo besides the failjournos

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't really get what's going on here. it's a very cringey story that makes them all seem like useless nepo hires. but they are upset because people don't think it is true?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I need a full sandwichgate alignment chsrt to understand this issue better.

COMPLETE RUBE(N): Thinks the incident occurred exactly as described and has utter faith in journalists.

SWISS CHEESE ON BAGEL: Thinks the entire story is full of holes.

I CAN BELIEVE IT'S NOT BUTTER: Thinks the gist of the story is true, but that details such as specific sandwich names were altered or exaggerated for effect.

WE'RE OUT OF IDEAS AT THIS LOCATION: Thinks the details of the incident are accurate, but that it occurred outside of a work environment.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't really get what's going on here. it's a very cringey story that makes them all seem like useless nepo hires. but they are upset because people don't think it is true?

No, no one in real life gives a poo poo about the chicken sandwich story. Chait is mad at the left for criticizing NYTimes lovely rape story but has no desire to give oxygen to that very real scandal and so he started a small trash fire over this idiocy.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

cat botherer posted:

tofu banh mi with very crusty bread and perfectly fried tofu.

this but pork and sweet fish sauce for dunkin

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
turkey club with avocado majo

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Hitler's sandwich definitely feels like it could be a county fair exhibit.

Just a regular tuna salad sandwich, precisely cut into a perfect swastika

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

It is weird. I don't really get it either, but my reading of it is these are people who subscribe to "leftism = how much you love the new york times, the democrats and identity politics" and so they are upset the radical left is not believing criticism of their fellows, who have infested a formerly sensible and centrist institution.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
It's so depraved how Americans call chicken burgers sandwiches

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

It's so depraved how Americans call chicken burgers sandwiches

Why would you call it a burger unless the meat is ground?

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

I'm going with a Philly, a reuben, or a meatball sub, for sure

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Why would you call it a burger unless the meat is ground?
burger is the german word for city slicker, everything else is equally wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

burger is the german word for city slicker, everything else is equally wrong

Soylent Green is burger?