Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

If Helmut leaves, Max has an out in his contract.

Whether he does anything remains to be seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

Simplex posted:

So I was curious and looked deeper into the Ricciardo-Tsunoda situation in Bahrain, and my big takeaway mirrors basically what I thought at the end of last season: Honda must be cutting Red Bull an awfully large check to make this poo poo worthwhile for them.

- Before the last pit rotation Yuki had about a 6 second lead on KMag
- KMag undercut Yuki
- Yuki had an abysmal in lap, followed by an equally bad out lap, then got passed on track by KMag the next lap.
- Yuki couldn't retake the position and spent something like 15 laps getting held up by the Haas.
- Meanwhile Ricciardo was quite some distance back from Yuki before all of this, but put on softs on his last stop.
- Ricciardo was gaining about a second a lap on Zhou, and about .7s a lap on Yuki/KMag after his stop. Pace wise, at the closing stages of the race he was running pretty similar lap times as Oscar Piastri.
- The TV broadcast picked up the battle about a dozen laps in as Ricciardo was closing in on Tsunoda. So Yuki had quite a bit of time to take the battle to the Haas before getting told to swap positions.

It's almost like Yuki is a bad racecar driver.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

aluminumonkey posted:

Yuki Tsunoda posted:

Yeah thanks aluminumonkey. I appreciate it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Give Lawson the seat

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Give it to that other Japanese guy in F2 who won both Super Formula and Super GT last year

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

Give Lawson the seat

and give drugovich or rossi the other one

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Custard Undies posted:

If Helmut leaves, Max has an out in his contract.

Whether he does anything remains to be seen

Yeah I genuinely don't know why he would want to leave the team when it has by far and away the best car.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Only reason could be is "he's bored" and wants to see if he can take a team into being good thus cementing his greatness.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

Only reason could be is "he's bored" and wants to see if he can take a team into being good thus cementing his greatness.

Max is stupid, but I don’t know if he’s that stupid.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
It's less that Max would leave right now but more that he would have that clause tieing him to Marko in the first place giving him that freedom if Red Bull weren't on top.

Anyway today in how is MBS a colossal gently caress up, he wanted to hold certification of the Vegas track over F1 in some weird power play or possibly just straight extortion.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/68478049

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Red Warrior posted:

It's less that Max would leave right now but more that he would have that clause tieing him to Marko in the first place giving him that freedom if Red Bull weren't on top.

Anyway today in how is MBS a colossal gently caress up, he wanted to hold certification of the Vegas track over F1 in some weird power play or possibly just straight extortion.

i mean... it was obviously for corrupt reasons. but they should gently caress off with that track.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Custard Undies posted:

Joe's Award just posted this.

You have to assume this guy is also ein sexmonster

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/FastestPitStop/status/1764966885051744419

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

That mountain in the background? Slave corpses

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

not gonna qiddiya, it looks like poo poo

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
It can't be worse than Jeddha. Less missiles at least.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Aphex- posted:

Yeah I genuinely don't know why he would want to leave the team when it has by far and away the best car.

With Lewis gone Mercedes could nearly double his salary.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

At least it looks like an actual circuit.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

there is nothing you could say that would convince me that a person created this and not Chat-GPT

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

serious gaylord posted:

If you believe max, he’s more interested in a challenge than just winning over and over. Wouldn’t hurt to get paid 150mil a year too

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

there is nothing you could say that would convince me that a person created this and not Chat-GPT

tilke is basically his own gpt

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Look at all that room for human rights abuses.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

aluminumonkey posted:

a bad race car driver that danny ric couldn't get around

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

Do you really think that racecar drivers, who live in Monaco to dodge taxes even though their post-tax income would be in the millions in their country of origin, would be swayed by money?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
isn't that an example of drivers doing things because of money?

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

the milk machine posted:

isn't that an example of drivers doing things because of money?

:thejoke:

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
it is early and i am still undercaffeinated, lol

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

power move. almost makes me like max. almost

https://x.com/FastestPitStop/status/1765013932626825503?s=20

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Twenty years from now the the new track will be around https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Line,_Saudi_Arabia.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Starting to think this guy is a colossal piece of poo poo, OP. I wonder if he tried to bond with Max over their shared fondness for driving race cars into walls.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Do you think anyone has ever told Tilke that corners over 90 degrees exist

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
What are the odds that that circuit is actually built? It was first announced four years ago and there doesn't seem to have been any progress, even with the slave labor. Seems likely to me they just keep pushing it back and back, continuing to use Jeddah indefinitely

e: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/new-saudi-arabia-circuit-in-qiddiya-could-host-f1-race-from-2023-4984503/4984503/

"Saudi Arabia's new race track in Qiddiya will be ready to host Formula 1 from 2023, according to the circuit's bosses at an event on Friday"

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
aren't there several corners > 90 degrees in that picture or is that the joke once again

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Red Warrior posted:

quote:

According to Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf, after Red Bull's three-time champion Max Verstappen twice failed to give Horner unqualified backing in a news conference in Bahrain, Ben Sulayem approached the Dutchman and said he should publicly back his boss.

Verstappen, BBC Sport has been told, responded by saying Ben Sulayem should launch his own inquiry into the matter.

Max.... Good?

Those pictures are very AI right? Look at the width of that kerbing

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

the milk machine posted:

aren't there several corners > 90 degrees in that picture or is that the joke once again

There's like, one (or three if you're being charitable), the esses section at bottom centre.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Send Christian Horner to The Hague

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Vando posted:

There's like, one (or three if you're being charitable), the esses section at bottom centre.

I think you don't know what "Over 90 degrees" means.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Colostomy Bag posted:

Twenty years from now the the new track will be around https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Line,_Saudi_Arabia.

This stupid monstrosity could be redeemed if they build a new AVUS on the roof

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Dudley posted:

I think you don't know what "Over 90 degrees" means.

I think it means the angle between the straight part entering the corner and the straight part exiting the corner is over 90 degrees, not very difficult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Vando posted:

i have no idea if this track is real or how the layout works but there are several corners that go past 90 degrees