Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

we've seen power heal from drinking blood, but she's the blood devil. i don't think any other fiends have done so, mostly because they don't survive the first time they get hosed up.

So could Denji heal by eating chainsaws?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

ZiegeDame posted:

So could Denji heal by eating chainsaws?

We never seen him try

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Malah posted:

If precise adherence to the plan is so important, then why is Asa - more likely to flinch or hesitate at a critical moment - driving the body instead of Yoru? :psyduck:

I appreciate that we get to watch Fami wreak havoc, but that's still an obvious point of failure they should have considered.

I also wonder why Yoru didn't fix their body - reattaching an arm is surely easier than the instantaneous healing they underwent when they contracted.

Because from all signs so far, Fami is a complete idiot, just like Yoru.

(Control's hatred of her sisters makes much more sense considering how much time she must have had to explain the same things, only to see the same mistakes over again.)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Malah posted:

If precise adherence to the plan is so important, then why is Asa - more likely to flinch or hesitate at a critical moment - driving the body instead of Yoru? :psyduck:

I appreciate that we get to watch Fami wreak havoc, but that's still an obvious point of failure they should have considered.

I also wonder why Yoru didn't fix their body - reattaching an arm is surely easier than the instantaneous healing they underwent when they contracted.

Asa is the one who is dumb/naive enough to believe she can own an aquarium with some change she collected on the ground.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Malah posted:

Asa said in this chapter that she's afraid, and Yoru can't take over when Asa's that way. So many fake fans itt....

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Asa is the one who is dumb/naive enough to believe she can own an aquarium with some change she collected on the ground.

What's the value of an aquarium no one can get into because a devil is making it out of whack? Basically nothing. It's actually genius.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Remember that time Eva 01 fused an Angel tentacle to its stump to regrow its severed arm? Asa is going to do that but with one of Denji’s many severed legs.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

galagazombie posted:

Remember that time Eva 01 fused an Angel tentacle to its stump to regrow its severed arm? Asa is going to do that but with one of Denji’s many severed legs.

She gets a leg for an arm and somehow she also ends up with an arm for a leg.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

ImpAtom posted:

Far more amazing than her understanding of how much it costs to buy things, is her failure to understand that only the person who actually owns the thing can sell it to you.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I mean, isn’t the point of the aquarium buyout is that she knows she’s stretching the idea of ownership to an absurd degree? If anything blowing your college funds on machine gun turrets by using taxes as a partial justification is kind of a ripoff if you know you’re bullshitting yourself on some level.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Last Celebration posted:

I mean, isn’t the point of the aquarium buyout is that she knows she’s stretching the idea of ownership to an absurd degree? If anything blowing your college funds on machine gun turrets by using taxes as a partial justification is kind of a ripoff if you know you’re bullshitting yourself on some level.

He said, “I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put in more than all of them. For they all offered their gifts out of their wealth. But she, out of her poverty, put in everything she had to live on.”

Luke 21 3-4

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Last Celebration posted:

Asa truly gets the essence of anime power fuckery

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

we've seen power heal from drinking blood, but she's the blood devil. i don't think any other fiends have done so, mostly because they don't survive the first time they get hosed up.

While being a Devil, Bat was also able to regenerate an arm (which is kinda topical! :v:) by drinking Denji's blood. I agree that it doesn't happen too often outside of hybrids, because most Devils and Fiends get thoroughly demolished, but I would say that blood being something that heals Fiends and Devils is relatively well established.

Asa not drinking blood because it's icky and weird is something I can 100% see.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Also, how would she even get fresh blood, logistically? She doesn't have Public Safety blood packs on tap, and unlike most fiends and weapon people, her head and body are exclusively human, and she's not exactly ripping and tearing into bodies mid-fight. I don't see any particularly great ways she'd get her hands on any in the last week or so, and even if she could, she would probably refuse on principle anyways, as noted.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I know the last line from the guard is actually "there's the devils that look like high school girls" but I choose to interpret it as them thinking they are specifically the High School Girl Devil(s), which yes would be very powerful, wouldn't it

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Anyone over 30 has an innate fear of teenagers

Malah
May 18, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

Which makes sense for the walk-up, but after she converted the turrets it should have been Yoru in the driver's seat. It'd be the same as when Yoru took over after Asa converted their apartment into a sword, and that was directly after fuckboi sliced her arm off. Perhaps last time she had enough adrenaline to overpower the fear? Relatedly: Asa blocked his next sword slash with her bare hand, so she doesn't seem to be quite baseline after War powered up.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Asa truly gets the essence of anime power fuckery
Wait, it's this! Asa has the power of anime and war on her side, so of course she understands she has to flop at a suitably dramatic moment to keep the tension going!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Her tax dollars yen paid for this government facility.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I like how Asa probably wouldn't have tripped if she didn't try to overdo being cautious by cartoonishly tip-toeing.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Malah posted:

Which makes sense for the walk-up, but after she converted the turrets it should have been Yoru in the driver's seat. It'd be the same as when Yoru took over after Asa converted their apartment into a sword, and that was directly after fuckboi sliced her arm off. Perhaps last time she had enough adrenaline to overpower the fear? Relatedly: Asa blocked his next sword slash with her bare hand, so she doesn't seem to be quite baseline after War powered up.

Wait, it's this! Asa has the power of anime and war on her side, so of course she understands she has to flop at a suitably dramatic moment to keep the tension going!

Asa directly told Yoru to take over after they convert the room. it was the pre-conversation to the door opening in chapter 145. Yoru's face has a look of surprise at the request and even says so on the next page

I still believe in the Asa is actually in charge theory. hence her emotional states affecting Yoru's control over the body. I propose that Asa can willingly cede control but may also be able to take control too

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think yoru simply hosed up in turning asa into a fiend.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

i think yoru simply hosed up in turning asa into a fiend.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Fight Club theory is real!!

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Eimi posted:

Fight Club theory is real!!

As a corollary to that, I have a suspicion that the bird wasn’t the war devil, the bird was the Fire Devil.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
There are a couple of things that seem to be foreshadowed:

Asa missing an arm seems like a perfect venue for her to generate an weapon that directly attaches to her shoulder as an arm weapon.

While Fami has convinced Asa to prison break out Denji, Fami probably has untold intentions to free members of the Church.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

lightrook posted:

Also, how would she even get fresh blood, logistically? She doesn't have Public Safety blood packs on tap, and unlike most fiends and weapon people, her head and body are exclusively human, and she's not exactly ripping and tearing into bodies mid-fight. I don't see any particularly great ways she'd get her hands on any in the last week or so, and even if she could, she would probably refuse on principle anyways, as noted.

...she could just bite a person. Like, you don't even have to kill the person, just give em' a little chomp and send them on their way.

Quanxi did it to heal her legs after a bad fall just a few chapters ago. Remember when she bit into Fumiko's tummy?

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Flair posted:

Asa missing an arm seems like a perfect venue for her to generate an weapon that directly attaches to her shoulder as an arm weapon.

groovy

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

lightrook posted:

I think the Famine devil could probably figure something out. It's more likely that Asa just refuses to drink blood because it's gross than her being unable to get any, I think.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What about Makima? She doesn't drink blood and yet can regenerate from ridiculous amounts of damage.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Mraagvpeine posted:

What about Makima? She doesn't drink blood and yet can regenerate from ridiculous amounts of damage.

She contracted her injuries onto Japanese citizens

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mazerunner posted:

She contracted her injuries onto Japanese citizens

Yeah she cut a deal with the PM to contract out the injuries she sustained to be suffered divided up amongst a thousand random Japanese citizens IIRC. It was why she was immortal, you could shoot her in the head and some randos would get a splitting headache instead.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chainsaw-man-chapter-158/chapter/41898

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1020427

No break either :allears:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oceans Eleven, sit the hell down

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That's not Falling but he is certainly a friend

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

God I've missed Asa.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
GYOHNEEEEEE

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

aww asa and yoru are getting along

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

yes...YES!! Ha ha ha! YEAH!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwqfNX7lapQ&t=6s

instantly came to mind