Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Captain Fargle posted:

Isami is not at all appreciative enough of his very large boyfriend.

To be fair, he is lying about who he is to Isami. Although also to be fair Smith's true self is Bravern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

To be fair, he is lying about who he is to Isami. Although also to be fair Smith's true self is Bravern.

Can't give the game away too early or else the time loop would break and Smith wouldn't end up exploding in order to power up at all.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lulu knows though because Lulu is the best and she'd probably spill the beans because she thought it was cool

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Obari casually reminding people that Burn Bravern has been in the opening since Episode 1

https://twitter.com/G1_BARI/status/1765776994250494206

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/iid_animedia/status/1765648939368452343?t=MfMTs3_lyFG8rXD0kPhN-g&s=19

More importantly they're married and it's not up to anyone's interpretation.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Wait.

Wait.

Is the reason Bravern even needs a pilot at all just because Lewis didn't want to fight without his husband?

:allears:

Captain Fargle fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Mar 8, 2024

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Captain Fargle posted:

Wait.

Wait.

Is the reason Bravern even needs a pilot at all just because Lewis didn't want to fight without his husband?

No, not entirely (definitely partly, though.) The exposition Superbia gave about the Lulus is still true.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I think it's partly that the death drives need a human as a power source for their bullshit abilities. Usually they burn them out like the Lulus but something about an awake, pissed off hot blooded pilot instead of a puppet is the key to victory.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I wanna see Lulu and Superbia go ham

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Azubah posted:

I think it's partly that the death drives need a human as a power source for their bullshit abilities. Usually they burn them out like the Lulus but something about an awake, pissed off hot blooded pilot instead of a puppet is the key to victory.

I assume normally if you just let the human recover and relax between fights they'll probably be fine. But the way the death drives use the Lulu's is they seem to just like, juice up with her entire life span in one go, pop her out and get a new one.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

I am going to be so disappointed if the series doesn't end with Bravern proposing to Isami while trying to hold a normal rear end wedding ring in his giant gundam hand.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Captain Fargle posted:

I am going to be so disappointed if the series doesn't end with Bravern proposing to Isami while trying to hold a normal rear end wedding ring in his giant gundam hand.

Would Bravern wear a tuxedo or get a new paint job?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Maera Sior posted:

Look in your soul and you'll see the answer.

GATTAI

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nuebot posted:

I assume normally if you just let the human recover and relax between fights they'll probably be fine. But the way the death drives use the Lulu's is they seem to just like, juice up with her entire life span in one go, pop her out and get a new one.

And I wonder if the death drives are all looking for a satisfying end because they're using barely conscious humanoids as power sources but since Bravern has a hot blooded pilot he fights to stay alive. With a conscious Lulu in the cockpit, will Superbia realize during the rematch with Bravern that he wants to stay alive now? Maybe they team up and the four of them take down the remaining towers together.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

loving lmao

ONE MANS QUEST THROUGH TIME TO GET HIS BOYFRIEND/HUSBAND TO GET INVOLVED IN AND APPRECIATE HIS HOBBIES

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So does this mean that Bravern is a Brave series because Lewis grew up watching Brave series anime?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Arc Hammer posted:

So does this mean that Bravern is a Brave series because Lewis grew up watching Brave series anime?

Yes.

Maera Sior posted:

Also, yes.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Guess I'm finally vindicated once and for all. That'll show everyone who said that time loops were some sort of crazy crack theory and not an extremely pulpy scifi device with a lot of established trope signals to the point of being cliche. The good news is that seeing it coming did not make it any less of a wild goddamn ride.

Outstanding questions:

I still think the final boss is going to be some sort of alternate Punished Smith - or maybe Isami - who is grieving and suicidal over the death of his husband and/or Lulu, and is the heart of the Deathdrive system to that end. It would be a nice loop-closing on both Bravern and the Deathdrives, it would explain where Lulu Prime comes from, and beating it would be the ultimate end to the cycle. It could also explain what the psychic TS is for - I don't think it was introduced to the show purely to get Smith into the Cyber-Death Dimension.

Whether Turned Superbia is a factor in the cycle or a factor in breaking it is also a fun wild card and I'm proud of Lulu for being the one to put him in play.

Is, uh... Is someone supposed to go in the Brave Dragon?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Caphi posted:

Is, uh... Is someone supposed to go in the Brave Dragon?

If so, it's probably Lulu (unless she joins with Superbia because he's come to an understanding about humanity)

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Yes.

Also, yes.

But which one? Can the printer manage a suit? Or would he just prefer a snazzy new coat of paint?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Maera Sior posted:

But which one? Can the printer manage a suit? Or would he just prefer a snazzy new coat of paint?

Friend, are we even watching the same anime? It's Bravern! It's both!

BRAVE TUXEDO!

And a new snazzy coat of paint to go along with it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I just realized that when I finally get back to Japan that there will be a shitload of Bravern BL dojonshi at Tora No Ana

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I just realized that when I finally get back to Japan that there will be a shitload of Bravern BL dojonshi at Tora No Ana

Rippling bara tiddies

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Friend, are we even watching the same anime? It's Bravern! It's both!

BRAVE TUXEDO!

And a new snazzy coat of paint to go along with it.

Oh right, he's going to print more robot pieces that will make it look like a new suit.

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004
OK, I lost it at the "Omedetou" NGE reference

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Maera Sior posted:

Oh right, he's going to print more robot pieces that will make it look like a new suit.

gattai lever is for both business and casual use.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
So would it really have been so bad if Lewis Smith had gotten inside Bravern with the recent reveal? I mean, isn't it really just masturbation at that point if you're just banging yourself, even if it was a robot? Or is that just the laziest Black Mirror that hasn't been written yet about whether you should feel bad about banging a clone or sexy robot of yourself?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There might have been timey wimey concerns with Smith and Bravern coming into close contact.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The best part was the bravery speech was 100% purr unfiltered Brave Robots. You could see Guy in Gaogaigar giving this speech

That whole speech had me thinking 'Victory goes to those with courage!' so yeah.

The whole Burn Bravern sequence felt like all the excitement of an SRW trailer condensed into a single fight.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

The video shitposts continue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqIQC818FqM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5mOvbeRTD8

I love this team.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

JUST

ONE

TAMASHII

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Oh! OH! Gotta keep a close eye on the opening next week just to see if the credit for the opening theme song vocalist changes to “Lewis Smith.”

Sander
Sep 10, 2022
I hope they figure out a way to add Human Smith back in as well.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Maybe? The crest appears before the time loop stuff for his ghost.

Or maybe he wasn't a ghost and just information in the 3d printer tower, like a timeout zone between deaths for the death drivers.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/AQm0w/status/1766233011220259034?t=KOAzs-ga-Bz8xVyhFGsn8g&s=19

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah it got more and more unsubtle as the episodes progressed

FULL BODY WAXING

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
The weirdest little hint that was there all along: only two characters use the name "Japan." Every other American says "Nippon." Once I twigged I started watching for it and I don't think there are any exceptions.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

I swear to gently caress if they end this series without Bravern ever telling Isami who he actually is I'm going actually fly out to Japan in order to find Obari's office and very calmly and politely explain my issues with his show.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I don't care whether he explains so long as they kiss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Rand Brittain posted:

I don't care whether he explains so long as they kiss.

:hai: