Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Jeepers Creepers was basically sold to audiences by this one image:

That little sequence was in the trailer and it was just a very compelling horror image that got people to the theater to see the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Jeepers Creepers is one of the few horror flicks my wife wanted to see at the time. I don't know why. It feels like it came out a million years ago, and I remember it being okay with a few standout scenes. Gunna have to rewatch that.

Edit: 2001 holy poo poo its old enough to drink and drive.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Mar 8, 2024

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yea 2001 was still a time where you really didn't know anything about the movies coming out except for what a trailer on t.v. would show you. The trailer for Jeepers Creepers totally got me on board to get to the theater opening weekend.

There was another time the year before that when a specific moment from a trailer caused me to be in the theater for a movie opening weekend, knowing close to zero about the movie and having never heard of it's star.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Watched Satanic Hispanics now that it's on Shudder (it'd been on VOD for a few months, but so's everything else I've wanted to see so it definitely wasn't gonna stand out on a list there)

For good reason. Alright as anthologies go but Demian Rugna's segment is the only must-see I think. Which isn't surprising if you've seen Terrified or When Evil Lurks, you already know that's a special talent. We're gonna be lucky as hell if we keep getting stuff from him

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

VROOM VROOM posted:

got skinamarinked at the hairdresser

I saw one of these at an antique market and it scared the poo poo out of me.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

PriorMarcus posted:

I honestly never gelled with Jeepers Creepers and remain baffled that it's remembered fondly.

It was played on USA Network in the afternoon for entire summers pretty often. It really embedded in peoples minds.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah I caught it a lot on TV as a teenager

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://x.com/RobbieBanfitch/status/1766129307884425350?s=20
Pretty excited to check out Frogman this weekend. Just went out on VOD.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Saw Imaginary, it stinks. Tame even by PG-13 standards, and kept going after about 3 different points where it'd have made more sense to end.

The bear monster's name is Chauncey Bear, but they kept calling it CB, so I just kept thinking of former Detroit Pistons point guard Chauncey Billups. That's how dull it was, where I had to make it more amusing for myself thinking "instead of a teddy bear, imagine everyone's terrified of a early-00s NBA player".

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 8, 2024

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Saw Imaginary, it stinks. Tame even by PG-13 standards, and kept going after about 3 different points where it'd have made more sense to end.

The bear monster's name is Chauncey Bear, but they kept calling it CB, so I just kept thinking of former Detroit Pistons point guard Chauncey Billups. That's how dull it was, where I had to make it more amusing for myself thinking "instead of a teddy bear, imagine everyone's terrified of a early-00s NBA player".
The trailer kinda made it look like M3GAN. So it's not as good as M3GAN?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Nowhere near, at least M3GAN played up the campy aspect of it. Imaginary is played 100% straight, with some of the most annoying characters possible.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Has anyone seen Stopmotion? Is it worth catching in a theatre?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Stop motion is always worth watching in a theater.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

flashy_mcflash posted:

Has anyone seen Stopmotion? Is it worth catching in a theatre?

Yes its a pretty crazy spectacle piece. The actual stop motion moments in the film are pretty crazy and cool on the big screen.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

drat, we're already locked in because my partner loves the evil imaginary friend concept, and i talked them out of night swim but it's too late for this one.

oh well, theater has good food.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

That's a bummer. I wasn't expecting anything great, but I thought this could be a fun popcorn movie with a dreary Saturday afternoon.

https://dawn45.com/

Dawn of the Dead is coming back to theaters for the 45th anniversary. This sucker's still not streaming anywhere and it's hard to get a good physical copy of it, so I highly suggest checking it out in theaters if by some chance you've never seen the movie.

I will be seeing it in the movie theater inside the mall where it was filmed. Absolutely stoked.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Imaginary had one of the worst trailers I've ever seen so I'm unsurprised. It's always a shame when a movie squanders a decent concept but I'm at least not surprised this time.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

A Fancy Hat posted:

Dawn of the Dead is coming back to theaters for the 45th anniversary. This sucker's still not streaming anywhere and it's hard to get a good physical copy of it, so I highly suggest checking it out in theaters if by some chance you've never seen the movie.

I will be seeing it in the movie theater inside the mall where it was filmed. Absolutely stoked.

Nice. None in Wisconsin yet... Emailing the smaller theaters now to see if they can get it.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

that is extremely cool.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

A Fancy Hat posted:

Oh, that's dope as hell!

Double bonus points if you get to exit into the mall after the movie... Triple if the PA system is playing The Gonk

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I despise Justin Long

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Doltos posted:

I despise Justin Long

Would you go so far as to say you wish he was Justin Short, because then there would be less of him?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Jay Baruchel > Justin Long

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Justin Long is great.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Terrible actor and from a ton of scuttlebutt a terrible person too. He ruins everything he's in. I can't stand him.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Hollismason posted:

Justin Long is great.

At making me wish he was just about anyone else.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

we may not like to admit it but Barbarian absolutely would've been a worse movie without Justin Long

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Jay Baruchel > Justin Long

this is true because of the release of Goon (2011)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

we may not like to admit it but Barbarian absolutely would've been a worse movie without Justin Long

I did like him a lot in that, he gets one

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Doltos posted:

I did like him a lot in that, he gets one

Would you say that in that specific role he was Justin The Appropriate Amount?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Justin Long is ol but he's one of those guys who just plays himself in every movie

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Gripweed posted:

Would you say that in that specific role he was Justin The Appropriate Amount?

Stop trying to make fetch happen, you're streets behind.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Long definitely has a certain persona where I can understand if it rubs you the wrong way it's gonna rub you the wrong way in every movie he appears in.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Might watch the Sonny Chiba Wolf Guy movie this weekend, it's on my Kanopy

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Phy posted:

It rules

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Justin Long rocks; highly enjoyed him in that Creepshow episode where he was spending all night jerking off in a VR simulation of Horror Express. He’s perfect as either a clueless rear end in a top hat or a clueless guy who’s trying his best.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Phy posted:

Amazing film.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Honestly Wolf Guy is good but I recently watched Sonny Chiba Street Fighter films and those are loving amazing

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

A Fancy Hat posted:

That's a bummer. I wasn't expecting anything great, but I thought this could be a fun popcorn movie with a dreary Saturday afternoon.

Yes! I gotta keep my eyes peeled for when the tickets go on sale here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Phy posted:

This fuckin bangs, enjoy!

E: there are no showings for Stopmotion in my area anymore, so I guess it's Dune again for me because hell if I'm paying for Imaginary.