Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Uh excuse me, this Tweet stinks of ‘woke’

Ladder-pulling is woke now? drat! I gotta get back to active repression before I get counter-cancelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

digital penitence posted:

With Jonathan Nolan and Todd Howard

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Regalingualius posted:

Another thing I just caught: does alt text not appear anymore if someone retweets a pic that has it, unless you click through to the original tweet? I noticed because this guy always includes it with his comics

https://twitter.com/hausofdecline/status/1765974771538259969?s=46&t=8qKeRz1MPwpnqaU9WYBJgg

Who knows? I don't even use hellsite.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

No. 6 posted:

Who knows? I don't even use hellsite.

They could tweet at Musk if an accessibility feature is broken, he's the tech support guy after all.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Another sign the next fallout game is gonna suck.

I once read a story about a bartender who kicked a guy out of his bar immediately because he had skinhead patch in his jacket, but wasn't causing any trouble. When a patron asked why he kicked out a paying customer who wasn't doing anything, he basically said "that guys might have acted normal, but tomorrow night, he'll bring two of his nazi buddies. And they might behave too. The next night they'll bring four, and before the end of the week, we'll be 'the nazi bar' in town and no one will come but Nazis"

And that's why you don't tolerate shitheads at your events.

So, to me, the fact that they didn't eject Musk is an endorsement of him.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Busters posted:

I once read a story about a bartender who kicked a guy out of his bar immediately because he had skinhead patch in his jacket, but wasn't causing any trouble. When a patron asked why he kicked out a paying customer who wasn't doing anything, he basically said "that guys might have acted normal, but tomorrow night, he'll bring two of his nazi buddies. And they might behave too. The next night they'll bring four, and before the end of the week, we'll be 'the nazi bar' in town and no one will come but Nazis"

Concerning

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Busters posted:

While I agree wholeheartedly with the bar story, it's a bit of a different situation if the Nazi in question has enough money to buy out your business completely or at least gently caress with any business dealings you might have in the future because it's public knowledge that he's a petty little bitch

It's just another reason we shouldn't have billionaires

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Kit Walker posted:

While I agree wholeheartedly with the bar story, it's a bit of a different situation if the Nazi in question has enough money to buy out your business completely or at least gently caress with any business dealings you might have in the future because it's public knowledge that he's a petty little bitch

Conversely, it might be a huge PR boon to have thousands of outlets printing "Musk Banned from Video Game Event" or "Fallout Kicks Out Musk"

That's gonna get way more attention than anything else you could do to promote a game.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Monica Bellucci posted:

Only word by word as the whole thing would be too Nazi and cause injuries altogether.

Like the most dangerous joke in the world?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Yeah, lets be honest here: this nazi is rich. Like, very very very rich, and powerful too. And also incredibly popular to boot

He aint getting kicked out of anywhere

Also I would bet most of the people there genuinely believe he is cool and good

Busters posted:

Conversely, it might be a huge PR boon to have thousands of outlets printing "Musk Banned from Video Game Event" or "Fallout Kicks Out Musk"

That's gonna get way more attention than anything else you could do to promote a game.

Would also make a lot of "nerds" and gamers mad and they are the target audience of audience of this thing

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Fallout is a good fit for elon because hes a loving ghoul

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

kazil posted:

Lindoreo Yaccarineo

Get back in the kitchen!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Kit Walker posted:

Everyone bleeds

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

holtemon posted:

I'm waiting for the AI Mussolini DLC

You'll have to hang on a moment while we work out how to make AI speak upside down

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Songbearer posted:

Money will kill the person you love from the inside, an insidious rot where the richer you become the more divorced you are from basic humanity (and your spouse)

This is why you never see healthy relationships when absurd amounts of money are involved. At that point you are no longer part of a functioning society and the thing that forges strong relationships - shared struggles and the ability to pull each other up out of the dirt - has gone entirely. Huge props to Bezos' ex for execising that rot and making it save the people it would otherwise break

See: Some More News' "Are Rich People OK?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP2EKTCngiM

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Elon downloads mods that let you kill children, then wears Tesla power armour

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Songbearer posted:

Elon downloads mods that let you kill children, then wears Tesla power armour

Yeah but how does he play fallout?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Sir Tonk posted:

Like the most dangerous joke in the world?

Yep, awful.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Loverslab pregnancy mods presumably

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Elias_Maluco posted:

Yeah, lets be honest here: this nazi is rich. Like, very very very rich, and powerful too. And also incredibly popular to boot

He aint getting kicked out of anywhere

He didn't even get into Berghain plus a left-wing group crippled his Berlin factory, it's just Americans that are cowards.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
musk is a fake gamer and only knows about Fallout for two reasons.

1) max mad
2) the one game with Rome.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

PhazonLink posted:

musk is a fake gamer and only knows about Fallout for two reasons.

1) max mad
2) the one game with Rome.

He is for sure max mad

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

quote:

A bit of context (without doxxing myself or any other parties):
I was driving around the Central Texas area, when I bumped into another car (mid-sized SUV). Basically, we were both on the right-turn only lane (not sure the term for it, but I think it was an unprotected turn since it has a "Yield" sign rather than a turn light - ?). While I was watching for the merging traffic, I crept up too much & hit the other car on it's rear driver-side tail light (I have photos of the other car, but didn't upload that. I really dunno what & how much I can & cannot share without getting into trouble), crushing it up to the panel just before the wheel well. Thank goodness that no injuries occurred, as it was the slowest collision and I did ask the other driver if they're fine, through the responding police officer as a translator since they (single person, just avoiding any issues) didn't speak much English. No paramedics were called, and both of us were able to drive back home on our respective vehicles.

tl;dr - I rear-ended my 2-week old CT... cuz I'm a dumbass :)
Cracked the windshield, too. Truly impressive

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hmm, I've bumped into stuff at zero speed in my car without shearing off any body paneling. But what do I know, I'm no Cybertruck expert :shrug:

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Elon Musk: I didn't knew he takes alcohol

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

shyduck posted:

This thing takes fender benders worse than my 2011 Elantra.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

shyduck posted:

Wow, what a tough exoskeleton

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Hmm, I've bumped into stuff at zero speed in my car without shearing off any body paneling. But what do I know, I'm no Cybertruck expert :shrug:

Once the microns are misaligned, it's disaster.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I like how there's like 40 cybertrucks and they've all attempted suicide

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Willatron posted:

This thing takes fender benders worse than my 2011 Elantra.

They designed it for bullets and arrows. Bumps and fingerprints were unforseen, probably not covered by the warranty

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
The new Ricky Stanicky movie models this actor who gets a role doing a corny Red Robin commercial and he totally lets it go to his head and starts dressing/acting like a bigshot and he talks about his Cybertruck :perfect:

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

shyduck posted:

Those steel plates looks dangerous as gently caress and I'm going to go ahead and predict a decapitation or limb severance in the near future

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

So how many first run <ybertru<|<s were made, and how many of them have now either been involved with accidents or have simply broken down?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Droogie posted:

So how many first run <ybertru<|<s were made, and how many of them have now either been involved with accidents or have simply broken down?

So far looking to be in the realm of 25-50%

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol what an astounding piece of poo poo the cybertruck is

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Forget the crash photos, I wanna see the response they get from their insurance company when submitting a claim lol

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

shyduck posted:

Are those pictures reversed or did this goober really impact the left side of the car in front of him in line to turn with the RIGHT side of the CBRTRKK?

This dumbass has more issues with driving than just their choice in vehicle.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Are those pictures reversed or did this goober really impact the left side of the car in front of him in line to turn with the RIGHT side of the CBRTRKK?

This dumbass has more issues with driving than just their choice in vehicle.

The process is called "air bending"

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

MrQwerty posted:

lol what an astounding piece of poo poo the cybertruck is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Waffle House posted:

So far looking to be in the realm of 25-50%

They still have a chance to beat the failure rate on Xbox 360, I believe in them