Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Spill some tea on your pants and then jump up screaming "OH GOD, I hosed EVERYTHING UP" and then kick over the tea set and run out the room through one of those paper walls they've got over there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Just pull out a Steel Reserve and slam it down. Then open up your satchel and hand a cold as gently caress Steel Reserve to each of your new homeboys for life.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Just pull out a Steel Reserve and slam it down. Then open up your satchel and hand a cold as gently caress Steel Reserve to each of your new homeboys for life.

We’ve moved on to a new, more exciting beer

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Slip some shrooms into the tea, take advantage of the execs giddy state to pitch the idea of going back in time to prevent sales from ever happening

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

At the end of some of the rows of desks, teams have been putting up posters of org charts or project flow charts that they print off our plotter printer. Someone's been stealing one specific team's chart, and have done it multiple times. Meaning they have to come to use to print it out again.

The security dude went through the cameras and that team happens to be in a dead zone, so he went looking and found the stolen charts - and the pushpins that had been handing them - squirreled away at a desk.

So now he's going through the booking logs for the desks in that area is is going to blast out an angry email the all the people who have sat at that desk and around it in the last few weeks because he has better things to do than play detective against either a weirdo trying to build a nest in the office or the world's most forgetful corporate spy.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

he has better things to do than play detective against either a weirdo trying to build a nest in the office or the world's most forgetful corporate spy.

Sounds like he doesn't.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk

Barudak posted:

I have now had my 4th of 5, 1 hour and 30 minute meetings to prepare myself for a tea ceremony with higher execs, with a 135 page support document on proper procedure.

One of the slides is labeled "Preparing for D-Day" so if I stop posting know that I died on the beaches of Normandy.

"I'm trying my best to impersonate a tea ceremony pro, but I don't think I can sell it."

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Can you hire tea ceremony stand ins?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Call (888) TEA-RNGR

Tea Pros are standing by!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Zopotantor posted:

Molly guards were invented 40+ years ago.

I don't know what kind of operation you think we're running here but it's not big or professional. And nobody cares about trying.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Killingyouguy! posted:

My workplace has launched a "mentorship program" and my toxic trait is being tempted to sign up so I could teach at least one person to not be a dumbass

This reminds me of the time someone brought their kid in for ‘work experience’ (which at 14 meant a week of making photocopies and other bullshit makework, what the gently caress else are we gonna do with a child in an office building?) and got pissed because the kid asked me what I studied at college to prepare me for a management role and I told them truthfully I finished school at 16 and just started working lol.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Killingyouguy! posted:

My workplace has launched a "mentorship program" and my toxic trait is being tempted to sign up so I could teach at least one person to not be a dumbass

I mentored one of the fresh-out-of-college kids on my old team after I left, just giving him some advice about what kind of things he should be looking into and what he can do to advance his career early on. He was able to get the step up he was looking for because of a presentation I helped him put together, which was a really cool moment. I've kind of accepted that my eclectic experience is probably best shared with newer employees who may be working their first job or not totally sure how to do something that isn't strictly part of their job responsibilities or need to learn some fringe skill not normally required by someone in our role. The new person on my current team reaches out to me regularly to understand what's happening and how things are supposed to be completed, which is nice; as soon as he was announced as the new hire I reached out to see if I could offer him any assistance

My wife has been mentored by a few different people and has something like five mentees right now. It's helped her career to know some higher up people, but she likes being able to be a role model for those a few years younger than her trying to figure out how to get where she is and navigate the company. She's also had to learn to let people down gently because the drive is there, but the talent is lacking. That's a good skill to have at a certain point.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Lazyfire posted:

She's also had to learn to let people down gently because the drive is there, but the talent is lacking.

This would describe my entire team if my team had drive

And man idk I've had to deal with so much "hey kyg, Bob is too dumb to do his job, can you 'mentor' (show him how to do his job, end up doing his job due to weaponized incompetence)" that I find needing a mentor sus. Why do you need to waste someone else's time to learn poo poo? Learn it yourself. We all have degrees we all know how to self study

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Killingyouguy! posted:

We all have degrees we all know how to self study

Ah, to be new and/or unaware of how the average person works

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
dumb poo poo:
mr ceo I'll say we can do this project, but I need to warn you that the lighting effect the designer is asking for in this room is likely going to be garish and overwhelming in the room its in. I do not think it is a good idea. i've made sure to have it in writing multiple times. if they want to pay the 50 grand for it to suck poo poo, they are welcome to.

in not-so-dumb-poo poo:
a carpenter and I were talking on the shop floor as he's working on the build of a big structure that has a metal framework that subbed out. Our work has some dumb bullshit, and hey, we don't do everything perfect, but man, we realize how good our fabricators are once we ask somebody else to do something. Nothing is square, the tolerances are lovely... it's amazing what other people put out consider 'fine'. It may take us 3 tries, but man, if you ask us to make something it will come out looking good and right

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

I had to take some PTO for a family thing. Coming back to this:

Boss: "I need you to take over this Thing. It has spiraled out of control for too long and needs someone at the helm"
Me: "That's McFly's job."
Boss: "But you know how to do it. McFly has too much on his plate"
Me: "That's literally McFly's job title. Director of Thing."
Boss: "Maybe you can just help him out? Get us past this hurdle?"
Me: That needs to be done by someone in house [I'm remote]. I'm not coming up there for an extended stay."
Boss: "What'll it take to make it permanent?"
Me: "You want to pay me more to do McFly's job? Is he going to take over my job?"
Boss: "Oh no. He's too important as Director of Thing."

Now, I've done the stupid "title promotion w/o extra pay" mistake before. This is the opposite.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Managing Director of Thing

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

The power to destroy a Thing is the absolute control over it

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Executive Director of THING

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i just noticed the dumpy joint i used to work for left a publicly-editable canva document wide out in the open on a webpage shown to customers. i am positive this would be the owner's dumb rear end leaving it like that.
i may have anonymously put a big text box that just says "Jizz" in there

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
a nice and subtle Star Wars reference, I like it

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

20 Blunts posted:

i just noticed the dumpy joint i used to work for left a publicly-editable canva document wide out in the open on a webpage shown to customers. i am positive this would be the owner's dumb rear end leaving it like that.
i may have anonymously put a big text box that just says "Jizz" in there

hello

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Wow was “I love juicy cocks in my rear end and mouth!” really so hard to type?

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

God isn't watching you... but I am!
This isn't dumb poo poo my work does, but dumb poo poo that happens at work.

I currently work in Public Works for my city. Yesterday, my coworker and I were tasked with removing old, rotten newspaper boxes from three different locations on Main Street.

At location number three, as my partner and I are both actively grinding these boxes (him the frame bolts with a wired grinder, me the internal bolts with a battery powered grinder) and spitting out sparks on both sides, multiple people begin walking between us, attempting to open the currently-being-cut boxes looking for the free newspaper, bringing their children next to our angle grinders, etc. They are walking THROUGH the sparks, then are acting surprised when we tell them they need to move out of the way.

Additionally, they went digging through the trash where we put the newspapers that should not have been (but were) loaded in the boxes. Which also had leftovers from homeless people, razor blades, moldy food, etc that were in with the papers.

I just can't wrap my head around how absolutely mindless some people are.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

This isn't dumb poo poo my work does, but dumb poo poo that happens at work.

I currently work in Public Works for my city. Yesterday, my coworker and I were tasked with removing old, rotten newspaper boxes from three different locations on Main Street.

At location number three, as my partner and I are both actively grinding these boxes (him the frame bolts with a wired grinder, me the internal bolts with a battery powered grinder) and spitting out sparks on both sides, multiple people begin walking between us, attempting to open the currently-being-cut boxes looking for the free newspaper, bringing their children next to our angle grinders, etc. They are walking THROUGH the sparks, then are acting surprised when we tell them they need to move out of the way.

Additionally, they went digging through the trash where we put the newspapers that should not have been (but were) loaded in the boxes. Which also had leftovers from homeless people, razor blades, moldy food, etc that were in with the papers.

I just can't wrap my head around how absolutely mindless some people are.

Wow, that's crazy! Where can I get some free newspapers?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Cthulu Carl posted:

At the end of some of the rows of desks, teams have been putting up posters of org charts or project flow charts that they print off our plotter printer. Someone's been stealing one specific team's chart, and have done it multiple times. Meaning they have to come to use to print it out again.

The security dude went through the cameras and that team happens to be in a dead zone, so he went looking and found the stolen charts - and the pushpins that had been handing them - squirreled away at a desk.

So now he's going through the booking logs for the desks in that area is is going to blast out an angry email the all the people who have sat at that desk and around it in the last few weeks because he has better things to do than play detective against either a weirdo trying to build a nest in the office or the world's most forgetful corporate spy.

An ex-employee of ours drove a motorcycle and kept parking in our building's underground carpark for free because you can just go around the boom gates.

The level of corporate detectivery going on from the building management and the office administrator was insane.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

So free old newspapers? Sounds like literal garbage, why do people want that at all?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The Moon Monster posted:

So free old newspapers? Sounds like literal garbage, why do people want that at all?

It has "new" right there in the name though :thunk:

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

The Moon Monster posted:

some peoples brains are just wired to grab as much as possible of any limited resource.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

stinch posted:

some peoples brains are just wired to grab as much as possible of any limited resource.
Ah yes, capitalists

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

stinch posted:

Ah yes, toddlers

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Capitalist toddlers!!!!!! But I repeat myself. :smuggo:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I have received now a fourth deck for this tea ceremony. I have more documentation on this than what my company does.

This one is Emergency Responses Guideline

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Is it just a picture of a knife and a picture of a pinky finger?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Barudak posted:

I have received now a fourth deck for this tea ceremony. I have more documentation on this than what my company does.

This one is Emergency Responses Guideline

Baraduk, you have sold too much. You will have to drink the rest of the tea yourself, just as you finished the sales yourself.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Barudak is a hitman, it all makes sense now.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
*two Japanese detectives view the blood spattered remains of the tea-house*
young enthusiastic cop: Something must have gone wrong with...
Older, grumpy yet insightful cop: yes, I am familiar with the fourth PowerPoint.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Barudak posted:

tea ceremony

Make sure you read Faith of our Fathers by Philip K. Dick before you go

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
In an emergency, cover the hole in the teapot's handle with your finger, pour a cup and drink it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

~Coxy posted:

An ex-employee of ours drove a motorcycle and kept parking in our building's underground carpark for free because you can just go around the boom gates.

The level of corporate detectivery going on from the building management and the office administrator was insane.

See also: The Mystery of the Missing Item in the Shared Refrigerator