Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
lol fitz loves lovely goalies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

edit: disregard, need to verify

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Just popping in to say

WHAT THE gently caress

Now to read 7 pages of posts to catch up.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
One crazy thing is SJ have two of their retention slots tied up for a long rear end time.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://x.com/vzmercogliano/status/1766218964248514955

Ruhwedel (Christ I can't spell that) probably immediately playing a role.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I think it’s definitely a defensible trade and dare I say good one for Grier and the Sharks. Hertl’s contract was already bad for the Sharks and wasn’t going to get better. he’s not going to be part of the next good Sharks team. his value would keep decreasing and you may not get as good of an offer in the summer when everyone is clearly going for it. the 2027 3rd is whatever, you’d hope that they’re not still picking top ten by then so it’s not going to be awful and they’ll probably pick up another 3rd in 2025 and 2027 at some point with continued selling. not having two retention slots until 2027 isn’t great but Burns’ comes off next year. all in all it’s a good piece of business imo after I thought about it

Bard Maddox fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 8, 2024

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I don't really get what Dubas has done.
Trading Jake is a sign of "we're all out this year" but then only moving Ruhwedel apart from that for a 4th doesn't do anything for rebuilding or for keeping the team competitive
If we're selling, sell anyone you can get a taker for
this half-way thing is weird

I mean I guess he got a better return for Guentzel as a rental than Hertl did with his forever years of contract so good on you for that but what was the point of it all

Pretending to be back and competitive next year! Just like they said last year! And the year before! Because clearly no one is willing to admit, out loud, that it is game over man.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Matt Zerella posted:

Drury got some nice versatile depth guys and gave up nothing major for them. I'm pretty happy (maybe a little bit of copium in here but not all).

He took a swing at Guentzel, told Verbeek to gently caress off on Vatranos price.

IMO the thing is that the trade deadline isn't a great time to fill major holes in the lineup. Prices are high, you have to integrate guys in the middle of the season, etc. If the Rangers want to win it they need their best players to step up and that means MIka and Kreider actually getting poo poo done and Lindgren and Trouba to stop loving sucking. Whoever else they brought in probably wouldn't make or break those things (I don't think they'd ever bury Lindgren or Trouba during the season because of team chemistry and all that jazz, but I can see it being dealt with in the offseason)

So, it's fine, the lineup is pretty strong if Zibanejad just starts putting the puck in the net. Is it enough? Dunno, it's the playoffs, you're one hot goalie and an overperforming player or two from going all the way, or one slumping player from flaming out.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I am disappointed in a 3rd round pick for Allen, but at the same time he had been playing like dogshit soooooo

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

WeaponX posted:

Roslovic seems like a solid speedy guy. Think I drafted him in a fantasy draft here lol. Still think that line needs a real finisher. But I’m pretty confident he will improve getting off that Columbus squad.

kind of insane to say that when Kreider and Zibanejad have both scored 40 goals (and Mika was on pace for over 50 that season since it was a short season) lol

Sometimes I think Kreider having that big year broke Mika's brain and made him think he can't be the scoring threat on that line anymore

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I regret to inform you that i will be cheering for the Flames, Kraken, and Blues for the remainder of the regular season.

May Vegas's current losing streak never end.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Powershift posted:

I regret to inform you that i will be cheering for the Flames, Kraken, and Blues for the remainder of the regular season.

why would you do this to yourself

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Sharks putting me in the uncomfortable position of either rooting for Vegas or against Hertl.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

kahkonen may or may not be an upgrade over vanecek but at least he's not signed after this year. too bad they didn't try this in january when some hope remained

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Levitate posted:

why would you do this to yourself

It is regrettable but it is what must be done.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://x.com/jlstoller/status/1766180993122361632?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

They didn’t trade him or Olofsson. What the gently caress lol

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Levitate posted:

kind of insane to say that when Kreider and Zibanejad have both scored 40 goals (and Mika was on pace for over 50 that season since it was a short season) lol

Sometimes I think Kreider having that big year broke Mika's brain and made him think he can't be the scoring threat on that line anymore

Yeah very weird year for them

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Buffalo might be extremely poorly run with meddlesome ownership. Who knew. I'm sure the new bug screen will be worth it though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

secret volcano lair posted:

kahkonen may or may not be an upgrade over vanecek but at least he's not signed after this year. too bad they didn't try this in january when some hope remained

They pissed away the season with that and not changing coaches earlier. GM's should not hire their friends to work for them as coaches.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Dont put it past Buffalo to gently caress up another scoreboard

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Buffalo might be extremely poorly run with meddlesome ownership. Who knew. I'm sure the new bug screen will be worth it though.

https://twitter.com/RussoHockey/status/1766184961835434158

Sounds like they don't even practice hard in Buffalo

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

https://twitter.com/KHallNY/status/1766228433946747101

guess he isn't a lifelong rangers fan afterall

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Maybe he's already got summer plans

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Maybe he's already got summer plans

He could have still gone and only had those delayed like 10 days.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Levitate posted:

Mika's always been streaky. if he can time a streak for the playoffs--he played great 2 years ago--then it'll be really good, especially if Panarin's line keeps up from the regular season. Panarin obviously has had some issues the last two years, but Trocheck didn't look great last year or the year before on Carolina. Laf had a good run two years ago, but not last year.

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1766190864588497092?s=20

on paper, this could be a really good complement for them. If he's primarily a playmaker that's good in rush and can take guys 1-on-1, that both fits with that line's playstyle and could give a playmaking winger to two goalscorers. and Kreider/Mike have played well at 5v5, so it could help cover whatever warts Roslovic has there.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Powershift posted:

May Vegas's current losing streak never end.

I hope Winnipeg and Colorado will both do the right thing tonight and let the Kraken and Wild win, although it would not surprise me in the least if those unprincipled scum go for the wins.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Not super thrilled with Dubas' trade deadline. Nor thrilled with Sullivan likely being here again next year.

At the same time I dunno what Dubas could have done with all the bad contracts the Pens have.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I did not realize Gustav Nyquist was having such a good season until I picked him up in fantasy recently. Like, "best season of his career" good. Basically every statline for that Predators roster was surprising to me outside of Josi, Forsberg, and Saros. Mostly because I didn't know they were NHL players, or they're guys I didn't know were still in the league.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/JRoslovic96/status/462411302720118784?s=20

Lmao I like this guy already.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

How is babby formed

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1766231299625201931

:laffo:

Levitate posted:

https://twitter.com/KHallNY/status/1766228433946747101

guess he isn't a lifelong rangers fan afterall

Speaking of not waiving, a tidbit about the CBJ going all in in 2019 dropped this week:

https://twitter.com/F1RETHECANNON/status/1765739740731486589

quote:

"I know that with Bobrovsky, he didn't want to waive his no-trade, so we couldn't trade him. And I get that, he had every right in the world. That's nobody's fault. It's just what it is.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

a career spent in Winnipeg and Columbus will do that to you

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Context: Bobs was UFA following 2019

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

FBS posted:

Go back in time?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

FBS posted:

I mean, it's a childhood and adolescence in Columbus in this case, too.

Born: 1997 (age 27 years), Columbus, OH

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Yeah yeah we all know this cover, but the other names listed on the bottom have aged very finely too.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Yeah yeah we all know this cover, but the other names listed on the bottom have aged very finely too.
*looks at recent news*

Samsonov.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

late but lol

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Jamwad Hilder posted:

https://twitter.com/RussoHockey/status/1766184961835434158

Sounds like they don't even practice hard in Buffalo

I’ve been to Albuquerque a couple of times, which is at a slightly higher elevation than Denver, and tried to exercise. It’s way harder when you’re not used to the thin air and you sweat way more. Doesn’t mean they did anything different. He’s been there for like, one day. Honestly Colorado has a massive home-ice advantage because of that.

But Byram on the PP last night looked confused and kept trying to direct the other players to move more. That’s definitely a coaching issue, maybe they should get a new coach (Granato has an extension that kicks in at the end of this season haha hehe gently caress this poo poo)

Edit: I’m also pretty sure the team thinks they can’t work the guys too hard because then they won’t have any energy for the games, then are baffled when they still don’t have any energy in the games.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/BallySportsCBUS/status/1765931336768848103

"Whoever was on the music putting Pantera on, that was pretty nice." reminded me of one of my favorite Beavis & Butthead clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1pRZauWIAo

...and had me going DAMNIT PANTERA for the rest of the night.