Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Personal Lucubrant posted:

F1 fantasy game sucks poo poo now. I had Sainz on my team, and in the past they would automatically sub in the reserve driver if necessary. Now it just shows a banner telling me to swap Sainz out if you had him, and just shows Sainz is inactive on my team now. Great!

It always sucked poo poo OP, just like F1 itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

It’s easy to forget that driving an F1 car is not actually that difficult, and that the mystique of difficulty is maintained by the strategy of requiring 99% of the drivers to be rich failsons.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

F1 fantasy game sucks poo poo now. I had Sainz on my team, and in the past they would automatically sub in the reserve driver if necessary. Now it just shows a banner telling me to swap Sainz out if you had him, and just shows Sainz is inactive on my team now. Great!

My life is better this season for not wasting 3 minutes on F1 fantasy and forgetting about it for the rest of the year like the past few seasons.

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos
If Marko goes, watch him start the 11th team with Max.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

aluminumonkey posted:

flensburg gp

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011
https://twitter.com/ChrisMedlandF1/status/1766197514548494595

I guess Verstappen will have to pick a side between his abusive father and the thousand year old racist (he never wins another WDC) or sticking with Smarmy British Sex Pest (he wins at least two more). He says he doesn't care about records but we'll see what happens when push comes to shove.

It worked the same way last year, I lost a bunch of points by having the gall to be on a camping trip when Ricciardo had his crash and Lawson subbed in. Stupid system.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Simplex posted:

Hamilton just does not give a poo poo anymore.

Glad to see he is taking the side of the viewers.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

marko, release the second email

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

The denazification of Red Bull

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Witeldram posted:

The denazification of Red Bull

yeah technically you can't call BUF nazis

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Load up your flightradar to see if there's anything going direct from Jeddah to Buenos Aires

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

WHERE MY HAT IS AT posted:

https://twitter.com/ChrisMedlandF1/status/1766197514548494595

I guess Verstappen will have to pick a side between his abusive father and the thousand year old racist (he never wins another WDC) or sticking with Smarmy British Sex Pest (he wins at least two more). He says he doesn't care about records but we'll see what happens when push comes to shove.

Max sounds like he's already picked a side. He's given multiple interviews today saying he's loyal to Marko and that Red Bull would have a big problem if Marko was to leave.

Hell, Marko went out and told the press he might be suspended where the undertone of it reads to me that the thing he's saying is "Go ahead and fire me, but you're losing Max if you do it."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/marko-could-face-suspension-amid-fresh-red-bull-investigation/10584969/

quote:

Marko said: “Max is certainly the strongest asset that the team has. There is no faster driver at the moment and if we were to lose him, it would be an incredible loss, because of course there are also an incredible number of mechanics, including engineers, who are all working incredibly hard for Max.

“I think it's quite logical and clear that Max is the most important part of the team.

There were earlier reports that Marko was told he wasn't supposed to talk to the press at all, which only feeds further into the idea that he may feel comfortable enough in Max siding with him to just outright dare Red Bull to fire him.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Thanks Ants posted:

It's like an explosion taking out everybody within range
Frankly surprising that it took this long to happen at that team with that management

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
It’s weird to me that all those guys aren’t just backing Horner

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

thefncrow posted:

Max sounds like he's already picked a side. He's given multiple interviews today saying he's loyal to Marko and that Red Bull would have a big problem if Marko was to leave.

Hell, Marko went out and told the press he might be suspended where the undertone of it reads to me that the thing he's saying is "Go ahead and fire me, but you're losing Max if you do it."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/marko-could-face-suspension-amid-fresh-red-bull-investigation/10584969/

There were earlier reports that Marko was told he wasn't supposed to talk to the press at all, which only feeds further into the idea that he may feel comfortable enough in Max siding with him to just outright dare Red Bull to fire him.

:flashfap:

So Max will have signed a non binding agreement with Merc to replace Lewis in 2025 on the provision that Marko is sacked and Max can leave.

Pure speculation on my behalf!

I wonder if Ferrari are regretting signing Lewis early now when they could have had a chance at getting Max.

Alternatively, Max goes gently caress it, drives in Indycar to win the 500 and then does LeMans so he can go for the Triple Crown just to annoy Alonso. :xd:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
There's so little going on overall in f1 fantasy they might as well punish not being able to set up a lineup which is the absolute minimum of any fantasy sports

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

thefncrow posted:

Red Bull sacking Marko this early in the season, only for Max to actually just up and leave with him, the levels of LOLs would be unreal.

(max won't actually up and leave :smithicide:)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Max has talent, but it’s the car that’s the real star of the show, no?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I don't get any coherent argument for Verstappen leaving Red Bull as long as they have Newey and the most dominant car on the grid. The dusty old Nazi and the cummy sex pest are figureheads but they're not instrumental to title wins.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Team Principal Adrian Newey is how all of this should end if RBR wants to keep this going

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rinkles posted:

look at Vettel's career trajectory post red bull and tell me what you think

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ferrari breaking Charles' contract to land Max would be about the most fitting and crushing end to the Charles Leclerc saga

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

Ferrari breaking Charles' contract to land Max would be about the most fitting and crushing end to the Charles Leclerc saga

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Rinkles posted:

it's always the car

talent gets the most out of the car, but the car sets the limits

see: stroll and alonso

or, see george russell coming out of a shitbox williams and jumping into lewis' car in 2020

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

FAUXTON posted:

max verstappen... garagiste

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

red bull: perez (lol) and lawson
mercedes: russell and sainz
ferrari: hamilton and verstappen
aston martin: leclerc and stroll

please

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

Rinkles posted:

Yes, but he's still dominating all teammates by a large margin. Even if you take into account some blatant favoritism, team orders and such, he hasn't really had any 'emperor has no clothes' moments like his nemezis Hamilton getting clowned on by loving George "ICBM" Russell.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

WHERE MY HAT IS AT posted:

It worked the same way last year, I lost a bunch of points by having the gall to be on a camping trip when Ricciardo had his crash and Lawson subbed in. Stupid system.

Bip Roberts posted:

There's so little going on overall in f1 fantasy they might as well punish not being able to set up a lineup which is the absolute minimum of any fantasy sports

I almost always mess with my lineup the day of or after the race because I probably won't remember to look at it again before qualifying. Reading the thread on my lunch break and saw Sainz was out, but qualifying was an hour ago.

Okay, no worries. Am I Team Bear Man now?

lol, no

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

:sainz:

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

aluminumonkey posted:

Andretti looking hopeful.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

can somebody tell me if the 1.69TB torrent of all F1 races from 1978 to 2020 is in h265 or am I going to have to encode this poo poo myself?

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

that RB is so fast… drat you Newey why couldn’t you join a good team like Mercedes, Ferrari or even McLaren? hell I would’ve accepted Williams.

Formula 1 2024: Thanks, but I won’t be watching the race

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

that's why I think Ferrari would do it, tbh

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

FAUXTON posted:

sha driving a newey car would be spicy-

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

aledesma posted:

Formula 1 2024: Thanks, but I won’t be watching the race

I still haven't paid for F1 TV live, questionable if I should at this stage

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
The funniest potential outcome for 2024:

-Red Bull fires Marko
-Max declares his intent to leave the team at the end of the year
-Max crushes every race, clinches driver's championship with like 6 races left
-Max celebrates driver's championship and, as his deal allows him to actually walk at any moment should Marko leave Red Bull, announces he's driven his final race of the 2024 season and he'll see everyone at Bahrain in 2025.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

thats not funny

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

the fp3 "highlights" vid on youtube said bearman was 28 and i got very confused for a moment

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
the f1a race was pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
does red bull really need to suspend marko? he's 81 years old couldnt they just wait for him to die