Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Zodar posted:

Toriyama's art definitely took a turn i didn't like in the 90s, when he started doing specular highlights on everything that made it look plastic + using markers instead of watercolors for illustration + drawing everybody with huge lantern jaws. Saiyan-saga era Goku is perfect; not overly-detailed or angular but still looks like he could kick your rear end

Thanks for explaining what I couldn't quite grasp.

This looks great:

This not so much:

DBZ is weird for me because there's moments where it does look like a natural evolution of original DB and then there's the moments where everything is swimming in shadows and highlights. I should note I think Chrono Trigger is the best game of all time and I like Dragon Quest so it's not that I completely bounce off his art style.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
one of these is an animation cel and the other is promo art

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I wanted to be a hand-drawn animator when I was a kid

a shame

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Everyone's necks tripled in girth sometime around the Cell Saga.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

The Colonel posted:

one of these is an animation cel and the other is promo art

I didn't really want to get specific about it but some of the decisions highlighted in that art, like the more prominent puffed up pecs and the big V-shape on everyone's necks, were definitely passed down into animation.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

amazing

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:lol:

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Tales of Woe posted:

watching classic sunrise anime the girl who leapt through space

update: this show is incredible

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://x.com/p9cker_girl/status/1766229210115567668?s=20

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

made a giant pot of japanese curry yesterday and just been eating giant platefuls of white rice with it all smothered with it.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

where is congress on this

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAvztitWqjY

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

GateOfD posted:

made a giant pot of japanese curry yesterday and just been eating giant platefuls of white rice with it all smothered with it.
post your recipe

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

put apples in it

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Vermain posted:

goku when he wasn't in a battle to the death was also a genuinely pleasant and respectful (if somewhat dopey) guy. he powered up and got big muscles to help and protect others because he's a good person and not to exert dominance or whatever

He also mostly just fights for the love of the game. There's nothing he likes more than making friends with someone who can beat the poo poo out of him.

He's the best kind of protagonist because he's a weirdo meathead surrounded by edgy villains that he confuses into becoming friends with him.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I see there was some controversy with a later episode of Wonder Egg Priority. I intentionally didn’t look up the details, but is it still worth seeing to the end? The show starts off quite strong.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Rinkles posted:

I see there was some controversy with a later episode of Wonder Egg Priority. I intentionally didn’t look up the details, but is it still worth seeing to the end? The show starts off quite strong.

Keep watching.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Rinkles posted:

i didn't regret seeing the end of it but it melts down from a production and story standpoint for sure

imo if you're curious about it just watch until you either finish or decide it's not worth it anymore

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the beginning of wonder egg priority, is completely different from the entire rest of wonder egg priority because that guy literally can't write a script that knows what it's doing from the start

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

Rinkles posted:

No, it's pretty terrible. It starts strong but completely melts down in the back half, only watch if you really love watching trainwrecks

And also you weren't too attached to the things the story seemed like it was doing. If you had hopes for the show you should just drop it

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

The Colonel posted:

the beginning of wonder egg priority, is completely different from the entire rest of wonder egg priority because that guy literally can't write a script that knows what it's doing from the start

as i always say, blunder egg nonpriority

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
thanks for the advice everyone. looks like national museum and visiting some shrines would be good to add to the docket

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Meowywitch posted:

put apples in it

Specifically, grated granny smith apples. So loving good.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Erg posted:

i didn't regret seeing the end of it but it melts down from a production and story standpoint for sure

imo if you're curious about it just watch until you either finish or decide it's not worth it anymore

I still think some of the characters still show shades of brilliance (Rika and cutting, etc)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the wonder egg guy is good at writing distinct characters and... usually doesn't completely torpedo them yeah. that's his saving grace. his trans manga is godawful but he hit at something good with the insane friendship between the trans girl and the runaway girl, if he knew what he was doing he could write something badass

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

also fluff could you center my av? i forgot. thanks.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Meowywitch posted:

also fluff could you center my av? i forgot. thanks.

oops i thought Fluff got it when you asked last time, i'll put that in rn

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

wait i think it already is

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i don't know anymo.re

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
SAW owns

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

symbolic posted:

i don't know anymo.re

I have no idea what's going on either tbh I'm baked

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

it's not centered

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Meowywitch posted:

I have no idea what's going on either tbh I'm baked

im 5 beers deep

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

What beer?

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Rinkles posted:

i think there is at least one really good episode in the second half but it falls apart completely at any thematic or narrative level. the final episode is insanely bad outside of ai singing karaoke.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Saagonsa posted:

What beer?

Genesee Cream Ale

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

symbolic posted:

Genesee Cream Ale

The goal was simple: brew a beer that’s smooth like a lager and crisp like an ale.

well i'm sold

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Craptacular! posted:

I didn't really want to get specific about it but some of the decisions highlighted in that art, like the more prominent puffed up pecs and the big V-shape on everyone's necks, were definitely passed down into animation.

neither of those were drawn by akira toryiama

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

symbolic posted:

Genesee Cream Ale

good stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
im drinking water and playing fortnite