Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hear me out: what if we had robots playing golf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Arc Hammer posted:

Hear me out: what if we had robots playing golf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mca5-FBJoWY

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Sorairo Utility also existed basically alongside Birdie Wing, it's Oi Tombo that seems to be pushing for a trend.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Endorph posted:

youre misunderstanding the intent. these anime dont exist to capitalize on golf's popularity, they exist to make golf more popular.

Yeah all the golf anime have golf supply companies on their production committees, this is 100% we're trying to make golf popular with the youth.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Golf does have (or did) have some popularity though in Japan

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm pretty sure the directer/character designer also just likes golf and really wanted to make a golf show

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The King's Game

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nearly 10 years ago some guy over there was taking us to a restaurant in his car. He was watching golf during the whole drive and also miming swings. I guess the people who are into golf are really into golf.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah all the golf anime have golf supply companies on their production committees, this is 100% we're trying to make golf popular with the youth.

They should make a Neo Turf Masters 2 then

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Golf does have (or did) have some popularity though in Japan

Golf is really popular with business men in Japan. They try to plan business trips to the US for good golfing weather because 18 holes here is like 25% of the cost in Japan. 90% of the dudes I worked with while at a Japanese owned company golfed every weekend while the weather allowed.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

hideki matsuyama is also one of the better players on the pga tour right now

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Metallic Rouge this week: gently caress it, what's next.

Bravern this week: gently caress IT, WHAT'S NEXT.

Both shows have kept me wondering where they're going to go next but for very different reasons.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 8, 2024

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bravern has been very good at making sure that it's bs makes sense and adds to the show. Rouge's BS just feels like stuff being flung at the wall and they hope it sticks

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I do like when MR pulls out all the stops for a shockingly well animated walk cycle that comes and goes in two seconds giving you whiplash.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i'm in the process of catching up on metallic rouge right now (starting episode 8) and i'm torn between absolutely loving the vibes and starting to be put off by the plot and i'm not sure where i'll end up in the end. it's absolutely a weird swing and i got what i signed up for, and i appreciate it in that regard.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Accepted awhile ago I'm not very invested, but when it's having fun, it's pretty entertaining. In for a penny, in for a pound at this point

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

catching up tomorrow i swear

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
next season there is archdemon's dilemma how to love your elf bride, but reading the books i swear i've seen an anime of it before.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Enjoying Bucchigiri cuz I love fighting animes and dumb delinquents fighting is even better

Dub is pretty drat good too and it's very very colorful which is fun imo

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Pokemon was Godtier this week and Hogator even did the GAAAAaAAaAAY thing again, I love when he does that

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

it is going to be incredibly hard to choose the best anime of this season because I am watching three of them closely and they keep getting better and better

• bang brave bang bravern
  • frieren
  • delicious in dungeon

I should probably also watch apothecary diaries s2.

But I just binge watched the last two eps of bravern and it just doesn’t slow down for anything. Absolutely incredible. All three of the above shows hit different needs and I haven’t had this feeling since watching bocchi last year

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Still need to catch up on Frieren. I got bored during the bird catching episodes that turned into a fight scene.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The fight scenes in Frieren are beautifully animated though.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Having watched only the anime, I think right now is a good time to catch up on Frieren. I will admit that the bird catching episodes were a bit weak but the worldbuilding is essential groundwork. I think it gets much better after that set.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

anyways, a lot of my discords have people uploading clips of frieren to show how beautiful the animation is, particularly of the last two episodes.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I can easily choose the best anime: Bucchigiri

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Is Bravern over already? Guess I should binge it if it is.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Ibblebibble posted:

Is Bravern over already? Guess I should binge it if it is.

Nope. Still going strong.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

sorry, when I said “last two”, I meant it in the spirit of “the two most recently aired episodes”

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

the first four episodes of frieren were incredibly good. i have yet to watch past episode 5.

it's gonna happen soon though

bravern sounds like it's incredibly my poo poo as well and i'm sure when i finally sit down and watch it i'll love it

i have actually been watching dungeon meshi though and that one i can verify is great. is it known if that'll be 12 or 24 episodes?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

ninjewtsu posted:

the first four episodes of frieren were incredibly good. i have yet to watch past episode 5.

it's gonna happen soon though

bravern sounds like it's incredibly my poo poo as well and i'm sure when i finally sit down and watch it i'll love it

i have actually been watching dungeon meshi though and that one i can verify is great. is it known if that'll be 12 or 24 episodes?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress yeah

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
is doctor elise isekai, reverse isekai or double isekai

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Spookydonut posted:

is doctor elise isekai, reverse isekai or double isekai

It's the first two in that order. Now if she dies again and goes to another world, it can be all three.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I still find Frieren a decent watch but the current arc does show the weaknesses of the manga/anime. It just isn't pace it's Shonen battle arcs well and thus it starts to drag and makes me wish we'd get back to the travel stuff quicker

It's good but but definitely a few steps behind the best of the season for me (which is Bravern, Delicious in Dungeon and Apothecary)

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
They tried to worldbuild a magic system and ended up with one where the most powerful battle spell is saying "heh... I guess you couldn't detect my mana."

I too would like more of characters hanging out swapping life philosophy and less of them smugly pointing staves and swapping applied arcane philosophy, please.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Caphi posted:

They tried to worldbuild a magic system and ended up with one where the most powerful battle spell is saying "heh... I guess you couldn't detect my mana."

to be fair this works for HxH

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/koumorinahi/status/1744403596480037197?t=j-soE3viaQV3HnM3ycS6oA&s=19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJCrpKmgecI

This is the Frieren I want more of.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I feel like the existence of the Costco thing proves there's a limit to the poignant flashback mode, though I could also point to the Sein flower episode as an actual example of how leaning on one story style can get corny. The variety of the arcs helps the show overall for me. It's not like the battle stuff is even just battles, you've got characters with conflicting philosophies on magic that are explored and stuff like the dungeon tableau that are just nice character/world moments.

And somehow I was so dismissive of this stuff in the manga, which has even less focus on the battles. Guess the anime is good huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The flipside about variety is that not everything is going to land as well for every viewer.