Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

When did we expand this to be about Stroll?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

quote:

Can't wait for their F1-themed album, including tracks like

stuck in a contract you cant get out of

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
In The Name Of Love [For Magic Alonso]

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

trying to come up with a good one for michael but it's just not happening, u2 never had any hard rock bangers

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I Will Follow [Because I Can't Overtake]

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

spaceblancmange posted:

trying to come up with a good one for michael but it's just not happening, u2 never had any hard rock bangers

Get out of your own way?
Bang a gong (Get it on)?
Get on your boots?
White as snow?
Elevation?
Stuck in a moment you can't get out of?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Frond posted:

Wow. I’ve got top hats, PP shocks and control arms but that’s it I am on the stock brakes with Endless pads.

I did wonder if the Sachs PP shocks were better than the regular shocks, I ended up getting the KW's because they do a christmas/new year sale europe wide. Which top hats and lca's did you use? Went with PMU Club racers for pads this time for a change, I used to use carbotech XP10 on the mr2. I did think of buying. PP car but they are really rare here and a lot more expensive than just a regular facelift one.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

refleks posted:

Get out of your own way?
Bang a gong (Get it on)?
Get on your boots?
White as snow?
Elevation?
Stuck in a moment you can't get out of?

"Trip Through Your Wires"

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I'll listen to it when it appears unprompted on my iPhone.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

spaceblancmange posted:

Wake Up Dead Man :smith:

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
they aren't dead, Michael and Kate are both having a grand time, just out of frame

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

"Trip Through Your Wires"

"The Stain"

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Lets loving go. This sport is not ridiculous enough

https://x.com/fiagirly/status/1767215751511867648?s=20

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Still Haven't Found [The Championship I'm Looking For]

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Nybble posted:

they aren't dead, Michael and Kate are both having a grand time, just out of frame

She's gone to live on a farm.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

refleks posted:

Lets loving go. This sport is not ridiculous enough

https://x.com/fiagirly/status/1767215751511867648?s=20

He must have burned through all the money he made already. That didn't take too long...

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Look the 2024 racing is gonna be the worst we've ever seen in F1.

gently caress it - bring in all the drama. Give us something.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

release the damned second email

The summer break is gonna be delightful this year...wait is there even a summer break with this insane calendar??

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
McLaren failing.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bahrain-seeks-sell-controlling-stake-192417065.html

The Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company owns the car company and the team. They are losing lots and lots of money. I wouldn't be surprised to see them sell the team to keep the company afloat.

Edit: McLaren the car company doesn't directly own the F1 team, but the Bahrain holding company owns a majority in both.

daslog fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 11, 2024

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

For everyone who didn't understand what happened with Danny Ricc this weekend (everyone watching the race that showed none of this)

quote:

In the pit lane chaos, Ricciardo’s tyres were about to be fitted to the wrong side of his car before the team realised the mistake, and a jack failure meant Ricciardo spent more than a minute in the pits before rejoining in last place, his chance of a top-10 result gone.

https://www.grandprix.com.au/fan-zone/news/ricciardo-hopes-pain-leads-to-gains-after-tough-run-to-16th

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

daslog posted:

McLaren failing.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bahrain-seeks-sell-controlling-stake-192417065.html

The Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company owns the car company and the team. They are losing lots and lots of money. I wouldn't be surprised to see them sell the team to keep the company afloat.

Edit: McLaren the car company doesn't directly own the F1 team, but the Bahrain holding company owns a majority in both.

Something doesn't add up here given that they only bought out the remaining investors in December. Prior to that they owned like 60% of the company. I think it's more likely this has been their plan with restructuring McLaren all along.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

refleks posted:

For everyone who didn't understand what happened with Danny Ricc this weekend (everyone watching the race that showed none of this)

https://www.grandprix.com.au/fan-zone/news/ricciardo-hopes-pain-leads-to-gains-after-tough-run-to-16th
If he didn't spin like a complete idiot he still would have finished ahead of Yuki after penalties.

FakeBlood
Oct 23, 2008

Alive and kicking.
I'm a little bit upset with myself that I can't figure out a u2 joke. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car is too on the nose for Lance Stroll but also doesn't apply to the Horner Affair at all.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

FakeBlood posted:

I'm a little bit upset with myself that I can't figure out a u2 joke. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car is too on the nose for Lance Stroll but also doesn't apply to the Horner Affair at all.

Don't feel bad, U2 are poo poo and a swathe of posters in this thread have outed themselves for not only knowing lovely U2 songs but doing that insanely lame thing of comment chaining song titles/song lyrics that is Reddit ultra cancer.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

U2 owns, gently caress yall

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

bono, bono

I lost a place to alonso

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

My roommate during freshman year of college was Irish Catholic, so I heard the U2 greatest hits 1980-1990 album a lot.

Full Collapse fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 11, 2024

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
UPoo.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I'm not a huge U2 fan but kinda wish I saw them at the Vegas sphere tbqh.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Theophany posted:

Don't feel bad, U2 are poo poo and a swathe of posters in this thread have outed themselves for not only knowing lovely U2 songs but doing that insanely lame thing of comment chaining song titles/song lyrics that is Reddit ultra cancer.

Woah we got a badass here.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
#me2
#youtoo

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Leclerc had the 360 cam on his car (1 min in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llxg3Yt-0Mg

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Residency Evil posted:

I'm not a huge U2 fan but kinda wish I saw them at the Vegas sphere tbqh.

Apparently, those tickets are many hundreds of dollars, but I think that’s Las Vegas in general.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Gen x Coldplay

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Bip Roberts posted:

Gen x Coldplay

Coldplay are more Diet Radiohead imo

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Full Collapse posted:

Apparently, those tickets are many hundreds of dollars, but I think that’s Las Vegas in general.

All done unfortunately.

Full Collapse posted:

Coldplay are more Diet Radiohead imo

I wish Radiohead could pull off the sphere.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Claiming you like U2 is giving away that you’re a milquetoast white male with no personality.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

MustardFacial posted:

Claiming you like U2 is giving away that you’re a milquetoast white male with no personality.

We already post in the F1 thread