Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

gently caress Jim Ross. He definitely knew and doesn't want any more digging to be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I think Jim’s had an unimaginably lovely life and just can’t deal with anymore pain. It wasn’t a good answer but he shouldn’t be fired and I doubt Vince clued him into anything Vince despised JR and kept him around to humiliate and bully, JR takes it because he was raised by an abusive psychopath who forced him to do poo poo like drown his own puppy or get beaten to death. The guy has severe stockholm syndrome and is also a victim in my view.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

1glitch0 posted:

That isn't a non-answer. That's "gently caress you, leave Vince and the WWE alone, I liked it there, move on move on who cares" answer. There's nothing non-subtle or non-answer about it. John Cena looks like a skilled diplomat in comparison to that answer. That is seriously an answer that should get him canned from AEW. He's one step away from loving endorsing Vince.

Pump the brakes, hoss

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Eat My Fuc posted:

I think Jim’s had an unimaginably lovely life and just can’t deal with anymore pain. It wasn’t a good answer but he shouldn’t be fired and I doubt Vince clued him into anything Vince despised JR and kept him around to humiliate and bully, JR takes it because he was raised by an abusive psychopath who forced him to do poo poo like drown his own puppy or get beaten to death. The guy has severe stockholm syndrome and is also a victim in my view.

The sad part is I don't know if you're talking about his actual dad or Bill Watts but would believe either or both.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Eat My Fuc posted:

I think Jim’s had an unimaginably lovely life and just can’t deal with anymore pain.

Yes, absolutely.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Dawgstar posted:

The sad part is I don't know if you're talking about his actual dad or Bill Watts but would believe either or both.

Actual dad. I remember a podcast where Jim talked about it. He had brought home some stray puppy and his dad told him no dog and then gave him a bag and a hammer and told him to end the puppy

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Duke Pukem posted:

Actual dad. I remember a podcast where Jim talked about it. He had brought home some stray puppy and his dad told him no dog and then gave him a bag and a hammer and told him to end the puppy

Jim defends his dad as trying to toughen him up for a cruel world while acknowledging what his father did was wrong but chalks it up as “how things were”. He then proceeded to be abused by every father figure in his life, anyone who has been caught in the cycle of abuse can empathize with this. To expect a sick and frankly, slowly dying old man who has lost his wife to process this correctly however you define that is at best a waste of mental energy.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The Pollyanna is strong with the indie/alternative feds right now.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

rotinaj posted:

Wow that is an intensely lovely non-answer, JR

Tbh I did not expect a good answer from him but that is a really bad one

Oh no, JR.

rndmnmbr posted:

Jim Ross knew.

Nobody that close to Vince could not have not known.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Id put JR in the Ben Affleck position of " I told him to knock that off" knowing what was going on.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Good ol JR here and I've tried nothing and I'm all out of ideas!

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Nobody that close to Vince could not have not known.

Fortunately for JR, he had a bad childhood and is a victim too.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I listened to a few episodes of JR's podcast and one line that stood out to me was when he was talking about all the humiliating stuff that Vince made him do on tv for his own amusement, being forced to kiss his bosses bare rear end, etc. and the only criticism he was willing to give was that he didn't understand how any of that stuff was supposed to make money or sell tickets.

Dude is a born bootlicker who will never say a harsh word at someone whose given him a paycheck, but at least he's consistent in his view that abuse is something that should be internalized and never dealt with or examined in any way.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm not really interested in judging JR. poo poo answer but you're also asking Renfield if he condemns Dracula.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

In the end, you're asking a dude who is dying of cancer and grieving his wife and had nothing but terrible people above him abusing their power to "toughen him up" and humiliate him in every way about things like this. I think there's nuance there. I hate to seem like I think he should be let off scot-free or whatever but it's...I dunno, it's just kind of sad and pointless at this point. When you combine how abused he's been and now Vince almost certainly presented his best face to his face (the Paul Bearer heart surgery isn't something that should be overlooked) and how men of his generation and especially in his particular position had to "toughen up" I don't think you're going to get a "good" response. He probably should have just said he wasn't in a position to comment about it.

Again, I'm not excusing JR and he almost certainly was complicit in some aspect even if it was just by being used as a corporate face to fire people or turning a blind eye to obvious issues, but there's a lot to unpack that we're not going to successfully unpack on a dead gay forum any time soon.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vince had such control over these people that even a pittance was seen as pearls. Its not worth getting mad at these dudes get worked into knots trying to justify Vince's activities.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

little munchkin posted:

I listened to a few episodes of JR's podcast and one line that stood out to me was when he was talking about all the humiliating stuff that Vince made him do on tv for his own amusement, being forced to kiss his bosses bare rear end, etc. and the only criticism he was willing to give was that he didn't understand how any of that stuff was supposed to make money or sell tickets.

Dude is a born bootlicker who will never say a harsh word at someone whose given him a paycheck, but at least he's consistent in his view that abuse is something that should be internalized and never dealt with or examined in any way.

Another podcast I remember is JR did one with Trish Stratus and both of them defended the barking like a dog stuff.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I mean the Kiss My rear end stuff is even more terrible in hindsight considering it was probably Vince forcing his weird fetish on people in the context of It's Wrestling (see Joey Ryan)

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

Jim defends his dad as trying to toughen him up for a cruel world while acknowledging what his father did was wrong but chalks it up as “how things were”. He then proceeded to be abused by every father figure in his life, anyone who has been caught in the cycle of abuse can empathize with this. To expect a sick and frankly, slowly dying old man who has lost his wife to process this correctly however you define that is at best a waste of mental energy.

EMF with the good take

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Do you think Vince pooped on JR?

I bet that at some point Vince has also pooped on JR.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

C. Everett Koop posted:

Do you think Vince pooped on JR?

I bet that at some point Vince has also pooped on JR.

Nothing good can come from this post. Quit while you're behind.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MassRafTer posted:

One thing a lot of the old guys from inside WWE will never be able to separate from Vince is paying for Paul Bearer's heart surgery so they'll always look upon him with some degree of fondness even if he treated them like poo poo and was monstrous in so many ways.

I guess if you've never worked at a job with healthcare this would stand out as a benevolent act

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

In the end, you're asking a dude who is dying of cancer and grieving his wife and had nothing but terrible people above him abusing their power to "toughen him up" and humiliate him in every way about things like this. I think there's nuance there. I hate to seem like I think he should be let off scot-free or whatever but it's...I dunno, it's just kind of sad and pointless at this point. When you combine how abused he's been and now Vince almost certainly presented his best face to his face (the Paul Bearer heart surgery isn't something that should be overlooked) and how men of his generation and especially in his particular position had to "toughen up" I don't think you're going to get a "good" response. He probably should have just said he wasn't in a position to comment about it.

Again, I'm not excusing JR and he almost certainly was complicit in some aspect even if it was just by being used as a corporate face to fire people or turning a blind eye to obvious issues, but there's a lot to unpack that we're not going to successfully unpack on a dead gay forum any time soon.

Nah, you're right. Hurt people hurt people. This is a text book example on how abuse is perpetuated, even by people who isn't directly involved in the abuse.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

I guess if you've never lived in a country with healthcare this would stand out as a benevolent act

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sir Tonk posted:

I guess if you've never worked at a job with healthcare this would stand out as a benevolent act

Paul Bearer wasn't working for the company at the time they did legitimately pay for life saving surgery just so he could do Wrestlemania. Did they make way more off his surgery than they ever paid for? Of course. But it was the rare good thing the company did.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Brock Lesnar is back on the WWE roster, showing how seriously they are taking this situation and certainly that Paul "CO1" levesque and HBK have set up all of the new policies that protect everyone.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
https://frontofficesports.com/wwe-nick-khan-brad-blum-vince-mcmahon-sex-trafficking-suit/ they named who were "corporate officers" 1&2 in the suit

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Corporate Officers #1 and #2 have reportedly been named as Nick Khan (President) and Brad Blum (COO).

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
apologize to loser paul

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I will continue to look forward to this all being behind us nothing to see here MANIASEASONWOOO

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

apologize to loser paul

lmao imagine being so incompetent at your job that no one else includes you in on the hush money cover up stuff

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Nick Khan being named is kinda of shocking but also feels really huge

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

KungFu Grip posted:

apologize to loser paul

i'm sorry paul i thought you had more power and influence than you actually ever did

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Huge to us, but will likely lead to nothing

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

KungFu Grip posted:

apologize to loser paul

I would never

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wow

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

mkay0 posted:

Huge to us, but will likely lead to nothing

Conspiracy to conceal human trafficking is something bad enough to even get Rick people

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

cagliostr0 posted:

Conspiracy to conceal human trafficking is something bad enough to even get Rick people

but is it enough to get Nick people

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

HHH Innocent

All hail the King of Kings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
They've also alleged CO#3 to be Stephanie and CO#4 to be WWE's former general council Brian Nurse.