Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
Anyone know where this female minifigure's torso and legs are from? Can't find them on bricklink, which makes me think they may be custom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Pretty sure those legs are from the women of nasa set.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Torso looks like it's from a Lois Lane maybe?

e: it is, not sure where the arms are from though

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Mar 10, 2024

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

The_Doctor posted:

Chewbacca isn’t accurate to the larger model. :colbert:

truly glorious amounts of cake

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
This guy rocks

The water splash effect on the base is also quite lovely. Really like this model for display.

E: posting these pics made me notice that I'd missed a 2x1 flat right on the chest which I've fixed now

SadisTech fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 10, 2024

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022

Lizard Combatant posted:

Torso looks like it's from a Lois Lane maybe?

e: it is, not sure where the arms are from though

Arms are these, that's a gourmet chef from CMF series 17

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

SadisTech posted:

This guy rocks

It was a pretty fun build, and beautiful color-wise. I feel like the fish is pretty lame looking though, and the head only felt like it barely connected, though it seems solid.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

deoju posted:

Pretty sure those legs are from the women of nasa set.

Correct, those are Margaret Hamilton’s legs

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

Zwille posted:

Man I hope that means you combined the builds

Hell yeah!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Saithir posted:

Arms are these, that's a gourmet chef from CMF series 17

Good spot!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Mario Kart sets in 2025.

Cool!

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Ok now I’m tempted to do the same thing. The Fender’s probably no longer available though.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Sure it is

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Lamont posted:

Anyone know where this female minifigure's torso and legs are from? Can't find them on bricklink, which makes me think they may be custom

The Torso is Lois Lane, specifically from Man of Steel, the set Black Zero Escape.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Has anyone made a good display for the Saturn V ?
Like either a launch pad or separated mid flight?
I want to find a better way to display it then just standing free

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There was that one where someone put it in an ikea glass case with a bunch of cotton stuffing and orange led's for exhaust. But you'd have to dedicate a huge chunk of floorspace to do something like that.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
Thanks for parts ID help, knew I could count on y'all!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

HootTheOwl posted:

Has anyone made a good display for the Saturn V ?
Like either a launch pad or separated mid flight?
I want to find a better way to display it then just standing free

Suspend it from the ceiling horizontally, parallel to the ceiling. Put it in a hallway or one of those dead spaces above staircases in US houses.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mutata posted:

Suspend it from the ceiling horizontally, parallel to the ceiling. Put it in a hallway or one of those dead spaces above staircases in US houses.

I don't have those because my stairs are so compact that I keep falling down them.

xzzy posted:

There was that one where someone put it in an ikea glass case with a bunch of cotton stuffing and orange led's for exhaust. But you'd have to dedicate a huge chunk of floorspace to do something like that.

this sounds neat, maybe I could do something similar

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

According to reddit, it's in an ikea detolf, which doesn't appear to exist anymore. But the blaliden looks like the modern version.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/d8ndka/saturn_v_display/

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

I put one like that next to my TV after seeing it and it is amazing. But yeah you use an entire Detolf worth of display space for 1 model. Wouldn't change it though,

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/ihyomeo/status/1767002268455289220

Related: Drug store near my house had a bunch of different 2024 polybags for €3 each, so I'm stocked up on quick fixes.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
On these new speed champion slicks, is there a good way to cover up the axle? I’m thinking of trying to get a black round tile in there maybe, just curious if anyone else has messed around with em

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022

Dogen posted:

On these new speed champion slicks, is there a good way to cover up the axle? I’m thinking of trying to get a black round tile in there maybe, just curious if anyone else has messed around with em

You mean on the outside? You can get the blank wheel cover pieces (part 49098), does that not work?

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

Yeeeaah I'm gonna have to steal this idea lol. I have the Fender but not the Chewbacca and that looks cool as hell.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
the ukulele they released recently also works with the big bowser figure, hth (which also works with the piano and NES, also hth)

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Make a drum set for the Probe Droid

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What other turd like Lego sets are there besides Chewbacca and the sorting hat, I need a third to fill out the shelf with the same theme

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

bird with big dick posted:

What other turd like Lego sets are there besides Chewbacca and the sorting hat, I need a third to fill out the shelf with the same theme

I recommend clayface from the lego batman movie.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Ukulele also works with Stitch.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

bird with big dick posted:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/triceratops-research-76959

Has a turd.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022

It's disappointing that they forgot to include the most important character of the set on the box (I mean on the little circle icons there).

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Dogen posted:

I just built the new McLaren today, so I don't know if this helps or not but here are the wheels and different things about them

Trip report: Too many stickers, but had some pre-printed pieces too! Two of the pre-printed ones still needed stickers to go on them as well, which seems odd but here we are.

The front spoiler part was fun to put together and has some cool technics. The rear spoiler is underwhelming IMO.

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022

Flyinglemur posted:

The rear spoiler is underwhelming IMO.

Yeah, it's definitely too thick and could use some more space between it and the end of the car.

Maybe if it was mounted with the droid arms and some bars so it sits higher or something.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Flyinglemur posted:

I just built the new McLaren today, so I don't know if this helps or not but here are the wheels and different things about them

Trip report: Too many stickers, but had some pre-printed pieces too! Two of the pre-printed ones still needed stickers to go on them as well, which seems odd but here we are.

The front spoiler part was fun to put together and has some cool technics. The rear spoiler is underwhelming IMO.

The M prototype has FIVE windscreen stickers. And it’s also printed.

I have the McLaren set waiting to be built, I’ll check out those wheel covers… if they had just used black axles on the bmw set it wouldn’t be so noticeable.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I simply leave the stickers in the box and forget about them when I start throwing boxes away

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think it comes down to what kind of detail the license owner wants plus cost of printing. So if they want a bunch of detail in something, it will have to be a sticker.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Dogen posted:

The M prototype has FIVE windscreen stickers.

Mine won't

HootTheOwl posted:

I simply leave the stickers in the box and forget about them when I start throwing boxes away

Exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

The level of savagery in this thread is unbelievable, a gentleman just slides them in-between the first page of the instructions and then files them away forever.