Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

What a bunch of fuckin scumbags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TinTower posted:

They've also alleged CO#3 to be Stephanie and CO#4 to be WWE's former general council Brian Nurse.

Alright Paul had a heart attack after dumping Stephanie due to the cover up

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So instead of Steph dumping Trips for his involvement, it was.....the other way around?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
He's the Cerebral Assassin after all.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Jesus. Nick Khan being named feels big. Hopefully this leads somewhere.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

MJeff posted:

So instead of Steph dumping Trips for his involvement, it was.....the other way around?

iirc Corporate Officer No. 3 is one of the unnamed folks who was Not involved in the bad things

e: though it does make clear No. 3 is Aware of the bad things

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 11, 2024

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

TinTower posted:

They've also alleged CO#3 to be Stephanie and CO#4 to be WWE's former general council Brian Nurse.

The article also notes Grant's lawyer confirmed these allegations were correct.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
So why didn't they identify these people in the first place?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aye Doc posted:

iirc Corporate Officer No. 3 is one of the unnamed folks who was Not involved in the bad things

CO No. 3 asked Grant to sit with her during a board meeting and knew something suspicious was going on, it is neutral on why she wanted to sit with her or really anything else.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Probably some legal issue a Neanderthal like me don't understand

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Jesus. Nick Khan being named feels big. Hopefully this leads somewhere.

Remember that interview he did not long after the news dropped where he was like 'eh it's not a big deal'?

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
The Triple H "Not Involved In Human Trafficking" shirt is now on sale at WWE.com.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Complete and Total EXONERATION!

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

HHH loving goes over again

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

We should have known the press isn't allowed to depict Triple H in a vulnerable position.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

After HHH basically gave Bill DeMott free reign to continue loving with PC trainees and exiled anyone who tried to speak up, I would never put him in the "innocent" column ever, dude has a history of being a ratfuck regardless

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Yeah, he might not be guilty of the exact poo poo the others are guilty of in the lawsuit but he’s done enough to be guilty of terrible poo poo throughout the years including the sham investigation. He’s vindicated from being Corporate Officer #1 and that’s about it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Aye Doc posted:

No. 4 has a weird bit too, he hired her at Vince’s order with no duties, and then started asking around about the relationship and got separated from the victim (who got transferred to Johnny Ace instead of legal) and fired/forced out? I don’t understand his role.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Stall_19 posted:

So why didn't they identify these people in the first place?
It's really weird and I don't think there's a good answer. Especially since, in at least one case (Lesnar), they made it stupidly obvious.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
#4 knew from the outset that McMahon and Grant were in a sexual relationship and created a hostile work environment because it, which was exacerbated when she brought up the issue of PEDs in the XFL

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

TheHoosier posted:

HHH loving goes over again

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

DLC Inc posted:

After HHH basically gave Bill DeMott free reign to continue loving with PC trainees and exiled anyone who tried to speak up, I would never put him in the "innocent" column ever, dude has a history of being a ratfuck regardless

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Credit to Thurston and Pollock for doing real journalism and breaking big news on this one. They have been doing great work.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TinTower posted:

#4 knew from the outset that McMahon and Grant were in a sexual relationship and created a hostile work environment because it, which was exacerbated when she brought up the issue of PEDs in the XFL

Someone in a group DM brought up they thought Triple H was #4 for that very reason and I looked at it and said no it can't be him, but he matches the description for 1 exactly and got me down that rabbit hole. Khan was the only other person who could, but I didn't think the language matched given how they described other people, but I was wrong. I also didn't think Vince would go with someone who had only been with the company a short time to play a key role in his cover up but I also forgot Nick Khan was at CAA and their connections to Weinstein, plus bringing aboard his creep friend who was fired from Fox.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah I was a bit shocked it was Khan at first but than when I looked just a bit beneath the surface it made sense and actually really explains how Vince let Khan get a lot of power in the company quickly

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah I was a bit shocked it was Khan at first but than when I looked just a bit beneath the surface it made sense and actually really explains how Vince let Khan get a lot of power in the company quickly

"you need some help buryin those bodies, boss?" goes a long way in this here Land of Opportunity

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Triple h still did the internal investigation with Stephanie about Vince and cleared Vince to return, right?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I remember that being the case.

He may not have been directly involved, but probably knows where a bunch of bodies are buried.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

MassRafTer posted:

Someone in a group DM brought up they thought Triple H was #4 for that very reason and I looked at it and said no it can't be him, but he matches the description for 1 exactly and got me down that rabbit hole. Khan was the only other person who could, but I didn't think the language matched given how they described other people, but I was wrong. I also didn't think Vince would go with someone who had only been with the company a short time to play a key role in his cover up but I also forgot Nick Khan was at CAA and their connections to Weinstein, plus bringing aboard his creep friend who was fired from Fox.

If Stephanie knew, HHH knew.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I believe Triple H and Stephanie were not involved in the investigation due to their personal ties to Vince but both were obviously aware of the findings that were mentioned in the board letter to Vince that stated the investigation had uncovered other incidents the public is still unaware of.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Is there any document of how many times there were votes to bring back Vince? I know a combo of hhh, nick khan and steph voted yes eventually but I always see people saying all 3 were against Vince returning and voting against him originally. There's also specially with the timing of the two times Steph left wwe and came back originally with Vince leaving and coming back that I'm curious where things line up

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm pretty sure some of the reasons Steph left was because of the obviously hosed up relationship between Vince and Grant

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

rotinaj posted:

Triple h still did the internal investigation with Stephanie about Vince and cleared Vince to return, right?
He wasn't really "cleared to return", from their November 2022 SEC filing:

quote:

As previously announced, a Special Committee of independent members of the Company’s Board of Directors (the “Special Committee”) was formed to investigate alleged misconduct by the Company’s former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Vincent K. McMahon. Mr. McMahon resigned from all positions held with the Company on July 22, 2022 but remains a stockholder with a controlling interest. Although the Special Committee investigation is now complete, the Company has received, and may receive in the future, regulatory, investigative and enforcement inquiries, subpoenas or demands arising from, related to, or in connection with these matters.
The internal investigation definitely gave the impression of "Vince and Johnny Ace are gone, we've fixed our accounting, case closed!" but it did not 'clear' him for anything.

Then the following things took place last year:

December 2022: Vince McMahon privately asks to be brought back onto the board.
December 27, 2022: The WWE Board unanimously votes not to bring him back.
December 31, 2022: Vince McMahon issues a press release saying as controlling shareholder, he is adding himself, George Barrios, and Michelle Wilson back onto the board.
January 6, 2023: WWE announces McMahon, Barrios, and Wilson are back, three other people are fired, and two people resigned.
January 10, 2023: The new board unanimously votes in Vince as the chairman.
Also January 10, 2023: Stephanie McMahon steps down and leaves the board.

It is worth noting that at no point in this does Triple H step down/leave the board, which Stephane did (twice!) but none of this was anyone in the company overly "clearing" Vince or wanting him back on the board, and literally everyone on the board voted against him rejoining it before he effectively forced himself back onto it.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

If Stephanie knew, HHH knew.

Also, the guy who presses the button to go from camera 1 to camera 3 knew; HHH definitely knew.

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
Naliz knew

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Zoobtro posted:

Naliz knew

quote:

Wacholz was released from his WWF contract in December 1992, after he attacked Vince McMahon in his office over a financial dispute,[6][10] while John Nord watched the door. The incident occurred on December 14 during a house show in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Bret Hart recalled in his autobiography that Wacholz "cornered Vince in his office and screamed at him for fifteen minutes". Hart claims he was just down the hall from the office when he heard a loud crash, which was Wacholz "knocking Vince over in his chair, choking him violently".[11] The incident led to a series of lawsuits between Wacholz and the WWF. Wacholz alleged McMahon had given him steroids on a number of occasions; McMahon denied the claim. Wacholz then filed a wrongful termination lawsuit claiming McMahon sexually assaulted him.[12] The WWF filed a counterclaim against Wacholz, but both suits were later dropped. In 1994, Wacholz testified against McMahon during his trial on charges of supplying steroids to WWF wrestlers. He claimed McMahon had told him to take steroids.[13]

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's crazy Nailz only move in the ring was also his go to shoot move on Vince.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1770486473927659788?t=DNPMJEPuXK4lPEFSarRsIg&s=19

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jesus Christ, that website has a mid-page link spot for other articles on their site and the three articles spotlighted in this brand new article are “Kevin Owens fired”(storyline from 2019), “Bobby lashley released”(from 2022), “Malakai black released from AEW”(also from 2022 and didn’t happen)

And the actual stuff from Ronda sounds like a whole lotta nothing

quote:

In her autobiography, Rousey let her feelings be known about Vince McMahon when she said, “It's hard to sometimes know where the evil, unethical, slimeball character of Vince McMahon played out for the cameras ends and the actual questionably ethical, many times sued, and multiple times accused of sexual misconduct Vince McMahon begins.” She wrote that the blurred line is “recurring theme within the WWE Universe.”

Doesn’t sound like Ronda is making any specific allegations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

rotinaj posted:

Jesus Christ, that website has a mid-page link spot for other articles on their site and the three articles spotlighted in this brand new article are “Kevin Owens fired”(storyline from 2019), “Bobby lashley released”(from 2022), “Malakai black released from AEW”(also from 2022 and didn’t happen)

And the actual stuff from Ronda sounds like a whole lotta nothing

Doesn’t sound like Ronda is making any specific allegations

There was more under those spotlighted articles

quote:

She wrote, “[Pay-per-views events are] held in major cities like New York, Los Angeles, and Philadelphia, as well as now twice a year in Saudi Arabia, a nation that restricts the rights of women in a way that I’m certain Vince McMahon wishes he could.”

She added, “WWE bills itself as a sports entertainment organization, and just like in the mainstream entertainment industry, there was by all accounts a casting couch culture where men backstage in powerful positions pressured female talent for sexual favors in return for airtime.”’