Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Maybe instead of creating another poo poo class nobody will watch they should actually fix F2 and F3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/red-bull-krieg-christian-horner-rauswurf-verstappen-trennung/

quote:

It is rumoured behind the scenes that not only Verstappen but also Adrian Newey is unhappy with the current situation. Horner wants to relegate him completely to the RB17 hypercar project for budget cap reasons. The design guru explained in a podcast just six months ago that he regretted never having worked with Ferrari or Lewis Hamilton on an "emotional level". Frederic Vasseur would be foolish if he hadn't already put out feelers.

please just loving explode already christian, i have to go to bed

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Adrian u2ey

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Simplex posted:

Is Ferrari going to open a boating division?

They already tried it in the 80's, they won at least one race I'm aware of.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
maybe newey is trying to murder lewis the same way he murdered aryton??????

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lewis would have made the corner

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

AFewBricksShy posted:

They already tried it in the 80's, they won at least one race I'm aware of.

lmao I saw that movie in the theater when it came out

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

He wants to get rid of the best aerodynamics guy F1 has had for like the last 15-20 years?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Well, he hasn't been making the best decisions lately...

dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

Looks like some truth to the Ferrari poaching rumors...

https://racingnews365.com/exclusive-ferrari-poach-potential-wolff-successor-from-mercedes

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ilmucche posted:

He wants to get rid of the best aerodynamics guy F1 has had for like the last 15-20 years?

It frees up some more catering budget, he's a hungry bastard.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Rumour has it Newey refused to wear the spanx

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Thats not very Spice World of him.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

FAUXTON posted:

Lewis would have made the corner

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Between Lewis's and Adrian's salary, will Ferrari have any money left to actually build the car?
Petition to call it Team Lewey

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Ferrari finally having a Newey car and Charles totally trashing Hamilton like he did with Vettel in 2019? Yes please.

Zeta Acosta fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 13, 2024

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
lol we don’t deserve that season if it happens

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Between Lewis's and Adrian's salary, will Ferrari have any money left to actually build the car?

The precedent has been set that you can just throw it all on the catering budget, and artisanal Italian cooking is going to be 2-3x more expensive than whatever you can get in Milton Keynes.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I know willingly obtuse posting is what we do here but F1Academy is clearly not meant to get these current ladies into F1.
At best it's marketing "inspiring the next generation" with a nice side effect of getting the current crop maybe a few more opportunities/sponsors.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I fully support Big Fred and am confident he can push some numbers around to maximise their budget.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Thanks Ants posted:

The precedent has been set that you can just throw it all on the catering budget, and artisanal Italian cooking is going to be 2-3x more expensive than whatever you can get in Milton Keynes.

also they won't need to spend as much on coco pops as red bull did

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

anti-Horner Red Bull owners should sign spanx as a sponsor imo

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

niethan posted:

Rebus, dai, vieni a lavorare con noi a Maranello. Il tempo é molto piu bello e il caffè é anche lui meglio che a Milton Keynes.

Maybe when the bambini have left school.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

lewis will just ride newey around each circuit to victory

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Get on there Lewis

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Lewis will ride Adrian's chariot into the elysian fields twice as his divine spark bestows him right to

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
Aren't at least the driver salaries not included in the cost cap? I remember them raising a big stink at the mere suggestion.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Griefor posted:

Aren't at least the driver salaries not included in the cost cap? I remember them raising a big stink at the mere suggestion.

I think it was pointed out that if they tried, every driver would have an official salary of $1 but completely unrelated payments in the millions from the sponsors for 'marketing' or 'consultation' or some other obviously bullshit dodge.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Roller Coast Guard posted:

I think it was pointed out that if they tried, every driver would have an official salary of $1 but completely unrelated payments in the millions from the sponsors for 'marketing' or 'consultation' or some other obviously bullshit dodge.

the tom brady strat

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Rebus posted:

Maybe when the bambini have left school.

They too would be happier in italy
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2020/aug/28/fear-of-failure-giving-uk-children-lowest-happiness-levels-in-europe

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Yeah, your top 3(?) other salaries are excluded too.

A reminder that over half of an F1 team's spending is not included in the cost cap.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

I mean maybe he just draws a modest salary, and then at the same time Newey is given triple digit millions to design and create cars in the Ferrari customer business.

Those two things are obviously unrelated and anyone who would suggest otherwise are slanderous Red Bull knob-gobblers who deserve to lose everything.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The whole Ferrari group share one big canteen, and Newey who is definitely now a sports car designer likes to take five hour long lunch breaks to chat to the F1 guys about how the season is going, he's a bit nostalgic like that. Unfortunately he's getting on a bit and he keeps misplacing all the sketches that he draws of new aero parts.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

The whole Ferrari group share one big canteen, and Newey who is definitely now a sports car designer likes to take five hour long lunch breaks to chat to the F1 guys about how the season is going, he's a bit nostalgic like that. Unfortunately he's getting on a bit and he keeps misplacing all the sketches that he draws of new aero parts.

#benedetto

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Lewis will ride Adrian's chariot into the elysian fields twice as his divine spark bestows him right to

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

track day bro! posted:

I did wonder if the Sachs PP shocks were better than the regular shocks, I ended up getting the KW's because they do a christmas/new year sale europe wide. Which top hats and lca's did you use? Went with PMU Club racers for pads this time for a change, I used to use carbotech XP10 on the mr2. I did think of buying. PP car but they are really rare here and a lot more expensive than just a regular facelift one.

RaceEng Top Hats, Whiteline Caster Bushings, Cusco Front Swaybar Links , SPC Lower Control Arms (Rear).

The only reason I use PP Shocks is for classing reasons. I don’t want to get nailed. I have TRD springs and sway bars.

I have some project Mu Pads as well that I haven’t used.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

refleks posted:

For everyone who didn't understand what happened with Danny Ricc this weekend (everyone watching the race that showed none of this)

https://www.grandprix.com.au/fan-zone/news/ricciardo-hopes-pain-leads-to-gains-after-tough-run-to-16th

Dawg he was nowhere near the top 10 on pace alone.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
In the entire RedBull mess it is curious that Honda has said nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I'm going very stupid and getting Whiteline chassis plus control arm bushings installed next month.

So far, Whiteline LCAs, shifter bushings, steering rack bushings, and some Verus aero bits.

EBC Greens work fine for daily driving.