Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!
Weird, there's only one tv news agency I can think of that constantly says "nobody else is covering this" about their stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Israel is the prime suspect in a crime. Not sure it fits a Kellies Kategory but AGC.

Kellies nomination: best AGC interpretation

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
why does the duck keep watching the same news show if he never likes it

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Gnome de plume posted:

why does the duck keep watching the same news show if he never likes it

You're in this thread

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Follow the Rules, Like Immigrants Used To

Ted Rall posted:

Nativists and xenophobes appalled by the “open border” policy that has allowed millions of asylum seekers to enter the United States often harken to a nonexistent history when immigrants followed the rules and waited to be invited before entering the U.S. However, Ellis Island was exactly like Eagle Pass, Texas today; German, Irish, Italian and other immigrants were allowed in en masse, without visas, and became the great-grandparents of the vast majority of citizens today.

First Dog on the Moon: It’s Photoshopkategate! Here is First Dog on the Moon's guide to editing royal imagery

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

idonotlikepeas posted:

Robert (R.J.) Matson

I like the little elephant spout :3:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"Bad Faith" - When you steal radfem arguments from decades ago to whine about something you don't like, and think people can't see right through it.

Read some Hume or something Stantis you hack. Reason is the horse to passion's driver. Emotions tell you how you feel and reason tells you what to do about it. Nobody is driven purely by either.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Jesus Christ, gently caress you
"To: all women who like sex or aren't ashamed of their body, or, god forbid, sell sex appeal themselves instead of having a man do it for you.
Subj: You are all whores and i will never respect you. You are objects. I know you hate this even if you say you don't. Trust me, you do.
Sincerely, an extremely bitter old man"

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Clerical Terrors posted:

I appreciate Ed not giving them all buck teeth nor replacing every R in their speech balloons with Ls, that probably took him a lot of effort.

They still have their eyes closed and are wearing Mao suits. Although to be fair apparently that style's been making a comeback under Jinping

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Not sure about the name patches though, Waruhiu Itote was African.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I kind of like this one. Recognizable domestic scene, decent art, the text bubble is justifiable and necessary, and it's fairly clever. 8/10

Shut the gently caress up Prickly City

idonotlikepeas posted:

Hey, don't tempt me to post the next Stonetoss update early. (Gonna be an entertaining one, I think, given today's events.)

You know, I'm not really interested in hearing all the details about this guy's life, but I would like to see the first cartoon he makes after all this has happened. Kind of like how I'm hoping to see something from our very own The Dark Id now that he's supposed to have died from terminal cancer (RIP), this time for real guys

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Follow the Rules, Like Immigrants Used To

Hmm. I think this would have been an okay Rall if not for the smarmy 'but THEY were white'. It's disingenuous, even if that's how they were registered on the census, they often weren't treated as such and became victims of the second KKK and other nativist groups, until strict immigration laws were passed in the 1920s and their numbers dropped off altogether.

e: I guess it could work if you interpret it as 'today's nativists don't have as much of a problem with Ellis Island because they retroactively consider those immigrants to have been white', but that can't be condensed into a smug Rall soundbite

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Mar 13, 2024

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Guavanaut posted:

Read some Hume or something Stantis you hack. Reason is the horse to passion's driver. Emotions tell you how you feel and reason tells you what to do about it. Nobody is driven purely by either.
Also, extremely hypocritical. The team that makes up an entire loving alternate reality at every possible opportunity to explain why what they want to feel is valid and why what they want to believe is exactly the same as the truth votes with reason more than the other side. Your side loses their poo poo and acts like the logical fallacies part of college intro English is a checklist whenever you're faced with the slightest amount of scrutiny and I've personally found this to be pretty consistent

And yeah a whole lot of people on every part of the political spectrum votes based on resentments, the difference is we actually know who the people causing us harm are instead of actively supporting them

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Mar 13, 2024

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Bob Gorrell

Chip Bok

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell

Tom Stiglich

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

I wonder whether Ramirez knows the only Oscar Citizen Kane won was for screenplay. Seems unlikely when he doesn't know how to spell Orson Welles' name.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

This is about the third time in a week. Prickly City is copy-pasted or possibly even AI generated now, right? I know those involved don't really care about anything other than that sweet, sweet newspaper comic paycheck, all barely 5 digits at best of it, but look at that third panel. Coyote just teleports the bandages and black eye onto himself for... losing tug of war and falling on his butt?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

There's something beautiful about the lack of perspective and detail making this look like 5mm model of the empire state building next to a burger being eaten by a crab.

Anyway if you earned a dollar a second it would take you a year and seven months to earn as much money as the Trump PAC spent on legal fees for Donald Trump last year.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I love this fearmongering about the scale of the entire freaking federal budget.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

So...if we vote for Biden we get invited to his burger cookout?

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Absolutely horrified by the knowledge that governments spend lots of money.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Tibalt posted:

There's something beautiful about the lack of perspective and detail making this look like 5mm model of the empire state building next to a burger being eaten by a crab.

Anyway if you earned a dollar a second it would take you a year and seven months to earn as much money as the Trump PAC spent on legal fees for Donald Trump last year.

I just wanna know why he did such a poo poo job drawing a Heracross

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Byzantine posted:

So...if we vote for Biden we get invited to his burger cookout?

With $10 burgers!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"how can i make a political cartoon that would appeal to trump..."

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on toxic emissions from the Tories – The Conservative party is coming under pressure from Labour to return gifts from its biggest donor"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak announces new gas power stations to ease risk of blackouts

Matt:

Vets to be investigated amid ‘multiple concerns’ of overcharging

Times:

Evening Standard:

Giant redwoods 'thriving in UK after Victorian introduction'

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich[/b]

We know a bunch of classified documents moved to Bedminster from Mar-a-Lago a month or so before the raid and it's pretty clear Trump knew exactly what he was handling. Also he needs a lot of cash quickly and can't get it easily because the house of cards that is his wealth and how he got it is falling rapidly.

So yeah projection

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Matt Wuerker

NEMØ

Not sure why I would be ‘confused’ that an imperialist state is carrying out contradictory actions on the world stage?

Anyway, it’s enlightening to me that Nem0 is expressing the same surface idea for an extremely different reason.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Satire or not I want to slap Kelly for even implying that the WW2 has started when the US joined it, not when Schlezwig-Holstein shot up my hometown.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

:catstare:

No. Just... no.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Kikas posted:

Satire or not I want to slap Kelly for even implying that the WW2 has started when the US joined it, not when Schlezwig-Holstein shot up my hometown.

Oh every other nation is embroiled in the war, but Xitter helped the US realize it was enough on the Nazi side to not interfere.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

All historians agree that if there was one thing that FDR couldn't stand it was censorship.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If Elon Musk had lived back then he would have made a bunch of cars, hated trade unions, and supported Hitler :hmmyes:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

If Elon Musk had lived back then he would have made a bunch of cars, hated trade unions, and supported Hitler :hmmyes:

He would have also had his own media branch dedicated to spreading conspiracy theories

if Ford hadn't died in 1947 at age of 83, maybe he would have gotten acquainted with Wernher von Braun and started his own rocket company

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Nenonen posted:

All historians agree that if there was one thing that FDR couldn't stand

Lotta things on that list...

Nenonen posted:

He would have also had his own media branch dedicated to spreading conspiracy theories

I'm frankly surprised he's not retweeted Protocols yet.

Captain_Maclaine fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 14, 2024

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Politoons 2024: Der Gizmo

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Der Gizmo and the Heard Reich are amazing

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i'm pretty sure the premise is that america "avoided war" by not getting into it because we fond common ground with nazis.

you know, like what he currently wants.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

InsertPotPun posted:

i'm pretty sure the premise is that america "avoided war" by not getting into it because we fond common ground with nazis.

you know, like what he currently wants.

arsenal of plutocracy

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Anthony Albanese, defence minister Richard Marles and Peter Dutton. With the Pentagon halving the number of submarines delivered next year (from two to one) and fears a potential change of US government could jeopardise the whole deal, there is a growing feeling that AUKUS involves Australia paying the US a third of a trillion dollars for them to upgrade their naval yards and throwing away any sense of independence and in return we get nothing.
edit: in the background is the Telstra Tower, landmark of Canberra.

Rowe:

Turnbull says Australia ‘mugged by reality’ on Aukus deal as US set to halve submarine build (Guardian). It's the one-year anniversary of AUKUS sub deal :toot:. Turnbull set up the French submarine deal we had before Morrison scrapped it.

Wilcox:

Climate change & energy minister Chris Bowen and the Coalition's scare campaign against the government's push to introduce fuel emission standards for cars.

Lethbridge:

Knight:

Football season is starting. Knight does a lot of football cartoon and unless they are exception(ally awful) I usually skip them. This is a glimpse of what you'll be missing.

Spooner:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Skios posted:

Bob Gorrell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted: