Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve Joe vs Kingdom 1 1.28%
Hook vs Cage 2 2.56%
Killswitch vs Magic 1 1.28%
Riho vs Stat 4 5.13%
Ospreay vs Kyle 70 89.74%
Total: 78 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Tony keeps trying to tell us without telling us he will never sign Ryback, but he keeps spelling inedible wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Wardlow is absolutely winning tonight, and I'll :toxx: on it

But please if I die screaming buy me a Wardlow avatar upon my return tia

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Answers Me posted:

You think Wardlow just gets bounced back down to the mid card after tonight? I can’t see where they can go with that angle that’ll make anyone care about him or the kingdom at this point please don’t quote this when he wins

I figure Max costs him the match and it's Max/Wardy for Dynasty.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ganso Bomb posted:

Have you seen the Helvetica documentary from 2007? It’s so good.

i have not but i'll put it on the list!

i recommend this to everyone though. a wonderful half hour about the linotype machines from the late 70s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MGjFKs9bnU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Max is quite far off from a return. Torn labrum is about 6 months.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

apophenium posted:

o7

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Pylons posted:

christ I didn't realize it hasn't even been eleven weeks since Worlds End, feels like ages ago

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Wardlow is gonna win tonight to get one back on Joe in Kayfabe, then Swerve gets to be a pure face against Heel Wardlow to take it from him at Dynasty and so continues the history of Wardlow being a transitional champ. It also sets up an obvious and easy program with Joe after that (you didn't beat me, i haven't beaten you lets settle it on DYNAMITE)

I mostly say this because TK seems invested in Cole's lovely group so if you're gonna melt them down, gotta let them get to the top first.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Joe jobbing to Wardlow…. HUH?!!!!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

apophenium posted:

But please if I die screaming buy me a Wardlow avatar upon my return tia

gl come back soon

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

A Fancy Hat posted:

Jokes aside I wonder what Shawn Spears did that QT didn't, because it sounds like QT was instantaneously shut down as soon as he started talking about what he wanted to do.

Shawn Spears doesn't want to be an executive in a wrestling company and run his own school, QT does. QT doesn't want to be a jobber in developmental at the expense of being an executive.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Joe jobbing to Wardlow…. HUH?!!!!

He's done it before 🤷‍♂️

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The "War Dog". The "Powerbomb Conductor." "Mister Mayhem."

Yeah, thats the guy to beat the greatest champion. Yeah.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
we thought he was going Joever but he's just Joebbing

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Yeah guys how could this Erotic Meat Monster with an entire heel faction behind him ever possibly beat a strong champion on a TV match? They'd have to, like, cheat or something.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Letting Wardlow beat Joe weakens Swerve and Hangman. It’s just that simple. Let’s not go crazy.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Undisputed Kingdom come out and try to help Wardlow win, Swerve comes out and chases them off, Joe wins amidst all the chaos. Wardlow gets semi-protected, Swerve gets face points and advances his story with Joe, seeds are planted for a UK/Swerve feud once Swerve is champ and Cole is healthy. Simple as that

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

apophenium posted:

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Wardlow is gonna win tonight

what did yinz have for breakfast today

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Joe and Swerve squashed the kingdom, Cole is loving dead, and I guess Roderick hasn't been buried yet. I think Joe can handle interference

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Letting Wardlow beat Joe weakens Swerve and Hangman. It’s just that simple. Let’s not go crazy.

Oh yeah let's not make weepy wangman and sorry swerve look any weaker than they did last week

Sorry I tried to kill your kid Hanger, so you forgive me?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Yeah like, I don't expect Wardlow to win. I don't even really want it to happen. But c'mon, you could absolutely have Joe drop the belt on a TV match due to cheating and then have a MONSTER statement match to win it back without burying him.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol Wardlow isn’t winning tonight but I have no idea what they’re gonna do with him next, feels like a waste

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

warlow is gonna win because he owes joe for cutting off his Dad Hair 16 months ago. i was in the crowd for the infamous shearing of the parental locks and Wardlow's Wardogs have been braying for blood ever since...

payback is coming joe!!

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
You don't do that with the top belt. C'mon

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dragonshirt posted:

You don't do that with the top belt. C'mon

They're gonna do it

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

graph posted:

Poptart

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I don't think they should put the title on Wardlow. I hope this is just getting his title shot out of the way so Joe is freed up for Dynasty

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

graph posted:

yinz...

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

"The Celtic Warrior" Seamus O'Shaunessy is All Elite :pray:

its gonna happen erin, we're gonna fuckin manifest it and heads will be kicked off

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

There are dozens of us that say it! (actually I think it brings us to 3 that I know of)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Joe gonna choke out the wardog and then drop the trap to Swerve at Dynasty. AND SO I HAVE SPOKE, THUS SO IT SHALL BE

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Pylons posted:

I thought the OP meant Caster until this post

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

"The Celtic Warrior" Seamus O'Shaunessy is All Elite :pray:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

:perfect:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Oh yeah let's not make weepy wangman and sorry swerve look any weaker than they did last week

Sorry I tried to kill your kid Hanger, so you forgive me?

I gotta say my one gripe with the storyline is def trying to paint Swerve as a face after he invaded Hangman's loving home. All of Adam's madness was completely validated! This guy invaded his house and taunted his infant kid! They need to hammer this home and just let Swerve be a tweener, he isn't gonna work as a babyface. Let him stay as a desperate madman, all 3 guys are insane at this point. It works anyway for whenever face Ospreay inevitably challenges the eventual champ Swerve.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

I gotta say my one gripe with the storyline is def trying to paint Swerve as a face after he invaded Hangman's loving home. All of Adam's madness was completely validated! This guy invaded his house and taunted his infant kid! They need to hammer this home and just let Swerve be a tweener, he isn't gonna work as a babyface. Let him stay as a desperate madman, all 3 guys are insane at this point. It works anyway for whenever face Ospreay inevitably challenges the eventual champ Swerve.

Swerve showing remorse for what he did is good, actually. As is Hangman being justified in going crazy but taking things too far by going after innocent bystanders, much like Swerve himself did.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

I like this. Hangman/Swerve/Joe have gone mad over their goal to be AEW Champ. All for the best wrestlers in the world Osprey and Okada being right over the hill to just waltz in and probably win because they don't need to be crazy they are just the best. Which will just drive them even crazier!

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Being a face has always been about being a cool wrestler, not about being a law abiding citizen.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Swerve is a face because gently caress Hangman and his goofy baby, Swerve should have punted it like Shnitsky. Swerve for Champ is Big Business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Pylons posted:

Swerve showing remorse for what he did is good, actually. As is Hangman being justified in going crazy but taking things too far by going after innocent bystanders, much like Swerve himself did.

My guess is that it's going to end with Swerve making amends and Hangman somehow backing Swerve up to help him win the championship, which would be pretty fun.