Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Shodai?
Shodai
SHODAI
View Results

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

My team's off to a rough start. It breaks my heart to see Tamawashi at 1-4, but I just can't bring myself to abandon the Old Man. No trades for this basho, I think, and hopefully the boys will turn it around.

Ura has been a goddamned delight this basho and I think I need to start picking him more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Banana Canada posted:

Hi Kenning - from Day 04 results, all points matching vs mine except for StupidSexyMothman who should have 11 points instead of 10. Something to do with Shimazuumi?

Three new goonzeki are absent from your summary: Dr.Tree, Netsky and Paying2Lurk. Probably because they aren't ranked on the goonzuke?

Taffy Torpedo is also missing but let me know if your decision is to not accept their late draft entry.

And for your reference, I think these are all trade requests and kyujo impacts so far:

code:
Kuros			Day 04 (requested): Daieisho for Wakamotoharu

Liquid Communism	Day 05 (kyujo & requested): Shimazuumi for Ichiyamamoto
StupidSexyMothman	Day 05 (kyujo & requested): Shimazuumi > Nishikifuji & then Shonannoumi
Gaghskull		Day 05 (kyujo): Shimazuumi > auto-trade
Iron Chef Nex		Day 05 (kyujo): Shimazuumi > auto-trade
Taffy Torpedo		Day 05 (kyujo): Shimazuumi > auto-trade

anakha			Day 06 (requested): Kirishima for Kotonowaka
bessantj		Day 06 (requested): Kirishima for Kotonowaka
Nativity In Black	Day 06 (requested): Ichiyamamoto for Takerufuji or Shonannouni
Thauros			Day 06 (requested): Kirishima for Kotonowaka, Horshoryu, or Terunofuji in pref order
Boogalo			Day 06 (kyujo & requested): Kinbozan for Shodai
Liquid Communism	Day 06 (kyujo & requested): Kinbozan for Tsurugisho (NOTE: as it is, this is kyujo for another kyujo)
Brut			Day 06 (kyujo): Kinbozan > auto-trade
Flinger			Day 06 (kyujo): Tsurugisho > auto-trade
ImplicitAssembler	Day 06 (kyujo): Kinbozan > auto-trade
Nick Soapdish		Day 06 (kyujo): Tsurugisho > auto-trade
Robviously		Day 06 (kyujo): Kinbozan > auto-trade
whats for dinner	Day 06 (kyujo): Kinbozan > auto-trade
No tracker update from me until kyujo and trade stuff gets finalised.

I leave my fate in the hands of the autotrade. This basho is cursed.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

ullerrm posted:

My team's off to a rough start. It breaks my heart to see Tamawashi at 1-4, but I just can't bring myself to abandon the Old Man. No trades for this basho, I think, and hopefully the boys will turn it around.

Ura has been a goddamned delight this basho and I think I need to start picking him more often.

Big same with Tamawashi. I still think he can pull off a kk, but it's been a tough week so far for sure.

And as someone who did draft Ura, I can say it somehow makes every Ura match even more of a rollercoaster.

My biggest disappointment so far is Daiamami. Stop making your mom in the stands sad!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I still can't believe that Ura has beaten 3 of the Ozeki

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Yeah, staying with autotrades

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

lmao I was worried about Takayasu after yesterday but he tossed Onosho like someone throwing a nasty garbage bag to the curb

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

some kinda jackal posted:

lmao I was worried about Takayasu after yesterday but he tossed Onosho like someone throwing a nasty garbage bag to the curb

Never judge anyone by their performance against the avatar of chaos.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Quoting again because I guess my post got skipped over.

Ice Phisherman posted:

Hey Kenning, I got Takerufuji twice. I checked and that's my fault as I put him down twice, sorry. Could I get someone else?

Ice Phisherman

Y/O: Kotonowaka
S/K: Daieisho
M1-5: Asanoyama
M6-10: Takerufuji
M11+: Takerufuji
Juryo: Wakatakage

Can I get Takayasu please?

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

Banana Canada posted:

Hi Kenning - from Day 04 results, all points matching vs mine except for StupidSexyMothman who should have 11 points instead of 10. Something to do with Shimazuumi?

Three new goonzeki are absent from your summary: Dr.Tree, Netsky and Paying2Lurk. Probably because they aren't ranked on the goonzuke?

Taffy Torpedo is also missing but let me know if your decision is to not accept their late draft entry.

And for your reference, I think these are all trade requests and kyujo impacts so far:

code:

Liquid Communism	Day 05 (kyujo & requested): Shimazuumi for Ichiyamamoto
StupidSexyMothman	Day 05 (kyujo & requested): Shimazuumi > Nishikifuji & then Shonannoumi
Taffy Torpedo		Day 05 (kyujo): Shimazuumi > auto-trade

Nativity In Black	Day 06 (requested): Ichiyamamoto for Takerufuji or Shonannouni
Thauros			Day 06 (requested): Kirishima for Kotonowaka, Horshoryu, or Terunofuji in pref order
Boogalo			Day 06 (kyujo & requested): Kinbozan for Shodai
Liquid Communism	Day 06 (kyujo & requested): Kinbozan for Tsurugisho (NOTE: as it is, this is kyujo for another kyujo)
No tracker update from me until kyujo and trade stuff gets finalised.
I think my trade request should have made it in in time for day 5, but it's also a moot point.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Elephant Ambush posted:

I still can't believe that Ura has beaten 3 of the Ozeki

It's beautiful. I'm a devout fan of Kirishima and Hoshoryu both and it pains me to see Kirishima struggling this basho but I can't ever be upset with an Ura win.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
My friend is going to Japan in September and with a tiny bit of suggestion, I got him interested in seeing sumo live.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Fearless posted:

It's beautiful. I'm a devout fan of Kirishima and Hoshoryu both and it pains me to see Kirishima struggling this basho but I can't ever be upset with an Ura win.

This is exactly how I feel

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Ura is the darling of the crowd this basho and I love every minute of it. When he wins, the top blows off the building.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Local boy makes good :allears:

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Went back and forth on this the last couple days, but I think I'm gonna have to put in for a trade:

I'd like to trade Tamawashi for Onosho.

Been giving Kirishima a long look too, but... not yet.

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022
Day 6: Kinboshi for everyone! Seriously though, I don't see Teru finishing this one out. He's down on strength and can't get his legs high enough to complete the trips he would have easily pulled off not that long ago.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
day 6 lmao that tachiai from Terunofuji, that's not your thing that's Hakuho's thing, go rest!

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

I'd like to trade Terunofuji for Kotonowaka or Hoshoryu, please.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

2nd day of basho in person impressions:

1) shodai

2) you're all in for a treat with mitakeumi v takayasu

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Log082 posted:

2) you're all in for a treat with mitakeumi v takayasu

That was a cool battle. But also kind of sad that it's a M8/10 matchup and not a late basho classic Ozeki, or at least sanyaku showdown.

Also, I wonder how long before Onosato goes into the grinder. He was just far enough down to avoid the week 1 joi death march but with a strong start and just outside the top, he's probably on the top of the list for guys getting pulled in. After his 0-3 run against Koto/Hosho/Teru last time, it will be cool to see if he's taken a leap forward.

Ura looks good for another sanyaku run. Dude's consistently been destroyed by the Y/O crew that can deal with his trickery while cleaning up against his equals. If he he can get to 4-5 or even 5-4 against the sanyaku, he should cruise week 2. And if he's figured out how to hold his own against the big boys hopefully he's able to stick this time.

FART BOSS
Aug 27, 2008

~hands upon harrows
heels in the weeds
starving and harvesting
down centuries~

I’d like to put in a trade request for day 7, Asanoyama > Atamifuji, keeping Asanoyama if Atamin is full up.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Shocking nobody, Kaiju is out:
https://hochi.news/articles/20240316-OHT1T51020.html?page=1

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
I'm surprised he showed up for day 6.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Rest well, Kaiju. I'd love to see him skip May too, but we know that's not The Sumo Way.

In happier news (for me anyway), 2 wins in a row for Daiamami. The 11-4 run begins here! When Dai Mommy is happy, everyone is happy.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
Trade request: Terunofuji for Hoshoryu if available, Takakeisho if not.

Also surprised he stuck it out this long. That's a lot of kinboshi to give up, especially against guys who aren't doing particularly well otherwise.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
I'm willing to accept any ozeki in trade for the kaiju. I know Kirishima had a rough start, but I think he's turning about.

On the one hand, I'm bummed that he's pulling out, but also I'm headed to Japan for the basho in May and I really want to see that Yokozuna dohyo-iri live so I hope he rests up.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Trade Request: Terunofuji for whoever is left in the Ozeki Ranks.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Terunofuji should retire. The win one, disappear for 3 tournaments is not good for the sport or for his health.

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022

Fluffdaddy posted:

Terunofuji should retire. The win one, disappear for 3 tournaments is not good for the sport or for his health.

It's not, but he'll keep at it until he gets a 10th title or until his knees do their best impression of Anton Lubchenko from the Simpsons

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Fluffdaddy posted:

Stop quoting things the old men said about Hakuho and just changing the names

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Even at Hakuho's most broken, he only had the single run of being out a bunch in a row before his last tournament. Terunofuji's situation is way more weird and unstable. Even when Terunofuji has won, he always seems to give up 1-2 kinboshi. I think wiki is out of date and it might be worse but it says nearly 13% of his total matches have been kinboshi, which is ridiculous.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Kyujo trade

Teru for Kotonowaka or Hoshoryu in that order.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Shouldn't have gotten my hopes up for Terunofuji :sigh:

KYUJO TRADE REQUEST:
I would like to trade Terunofuji for Kotonowaka if he's available, Takakeisho if he's not.

Banana Canada
Sep 2, 2003
I'd tax all foreigners living abroad.

I think these are all the draft discrepancies, trade requests and kyujo up to Pakled's post and with what I think should be the day the trades take effect. Ice Phisherman, Nativity In Black - fixed per your latest posts.

code:
Bentai			Day 08 (requested & kyujo): Terunofuji for whoever is left in the Ozeki Ranks
Boogalo			Day 06 (requested & kyujo): Kinbozan for Shodai
captainblastum		Day 08 (requested & kyujo): Terunofuji > Hoshoryu, or whoever if that doesn't pan out
FART BOSS		Day 07 (requested): Asanoyama > Atamifuji
			Day 08 (kyujo): Terunofuji > auto-trade	
Ice Phisherman		Day 01 (invalid pick): Takayasu instead of Takerufuji for M6-10
Kennedy			Day 08 (kyujo): Terunofuji > auto-trade
Khizan			Day 07? (requested pre-kyujo annoucement): Terunofuji for Kotonowaka or Hoshoryu
			Day 08 (requested & kyujo): Terunofuji for Kotonowaka or Hoshoryu in that order
Liquid Communism	Day 05 (requested & kyujo): Shimazuumi for Ichiyamamoto
			Day 06 (requested & kyujo): Kinbozan for Tsurugisho
MalarkeyToboggan	Day 08 (kyujo): Terunofuji > auto-trade
Marching Powder		Day 08 (kyujo): Terunofuji > auto-trade
MyChemicalImbalance	Day 08 (kyujo): Terunofuji > auto-trade
Nativity In Black	Day 05 (requested): Ichiyamamoto for Takerufuji or Shonannouni
			Day 08 (requested & kyujo): Terunofuji > any ozeki
Pakled			Day 08 (requested & kyujo): Terunofuji for Kotonowaka if he's available, Takakeisho if he's not
Samuel L. Hacksaw	Day 08 (kyujo): Terunofuji > auto-trade
Saturnine Aberrance	Day 07 (requested): Tamawashi for Onosho
StupidSexyMothman	Day 05 (requested & kyujo): Shimazuumi > Nishikifuji & then Shonannoumi
Taffy Torpedo		Day 02 (missed draft deadline) see his submitted picks
			Day 05 (kyujo): Shimazuumi > auto-trade
Tiny Bug Child		Day 08 (requested & kyujo): Terunofuji for Hoshoryu if available, Takakeisho if not

Banana Canada fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Mar 17, 2024

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I wonder if Asanoyama could have made yokozuna during the weak period if he hadn't gotten his dumb rear end sent to horny jail for a year.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Banana Canada posted:

I think these are all the draft discrepancies, trade requests and kyujo up to Pakled's post and with what I think should be the day the trades take effect. Ice Phisherman, Nativity In Black - fixed per your latest posts.

code:
Khizan			Day 07 (requested pre-kyujo?): Terunofuji for Kotonowaka or Hoshoryu

I don't think it particularly matters in this case, but yes, I requested it before the kyujo announcement was made.

FART BOSS
Aug 27, 2008

~hands upon harrows
heels in the weeds
starving and harvesting
down centuries~

Nishikigi you’re killing me here. I’m dying. Please win against someone other than the loving Yokozuna

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Just keep giving me auto-trades when my guys go kyujo until I somehow manage a negative points record for this basho. :D

Banana Canada
Sep 2, 2003
I'd tax all foreigners living abroad.

Khizan posted:

I don't think it particularly matters in this case, but yes, I requested it before the kyujo announcement was made.

It matters in that for kyujo auto-trade, one would get the fusen loss before getting your trade the next day (Day 08 in this case). However, I'm not sure what happens if you announce your trade before the kyujo announcement, i.e. does it get treated like a normal trade enacted the next day (Day 07) without the fusen penalty. Will let Kenning decide on that point.

Liquid Communism posted:

Just keep giving me auto-trades when my guys go kyujo until I somehow manage a negative points record for this basho. :D

More than half your heya crippled before the halfway point. Impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

FART BOSS posted:

Nishikigi you’re killing me here. I’m dying. Please win against someone other than the loving Yokozuna

Takakeisho going for the greased pig strategem