Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

listen I actually have never been to school, i'm a homeschool dork :ssh:

aah mystery solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Meowywitch posted:

listen I actually have never been to school, i'm a homeschool dork :ssh:

Yikes

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Tomato_Gang

Lol

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This wait is criminal, Vegapunk better tell us the poo poo fast

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I'm sorry, this is going to be a Namekian 10 minutes.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

*tossing and turning in a restless sleep, drenched in cold sweat*

..ch…chap…(waking suddenly) CHAPTER!!!

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

This wait is obviously to better connect us with the characters who are also waiting.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Jose posted:

33 is too old to be in middle school

Every middle school class has that one kid who's like 25+. I don't know why but they're always up near the front too. It's weird.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

fish guys are weird

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7677/one-piece-chapter-1110?date=14-3-2024-22

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

Man, this feels like it's really spinning its wheels.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

We've entered an endless recursion of chapters.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Meowywitch posted:

fish guys are weird

At least fish know what it's like to be in a school

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7784/one-piece-chapter-1110?date=14-3-2024-22

It might take a second to load; seems like their site is getting hammered.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Scholtz posted:

Oh that's a good one.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Can we like stop the fuckin fake links already? It's stopped being funny and it's just annoying now.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's amazing it's so delayed because based upon the RAWs it's one of the most insane chapters... ever?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Scholtz posted:

I’m going to loving kill you

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I get angry when I fall for fake links, so I want to suggest a ban on them, but then I see others falling for it and I :lmao: so I dunno.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Luffy wouldn't want a boring thread where he knew where to click

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
here is a link to the chapter:]url/=rickroll.youtbue]aprilfols412024.jpegp[urlo]

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

MorningMoon posted:

Luffy wouldn't want a boring thread where he knew where to click

Luffy would find it crazy that three issues in a row are the exact same and be surprised by the same twists every time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Luffy would find it crazy that three issues in a row are the exact same and be surprised by the same twists every time.

Show Luffy Endless Eight

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Kirios posted:

It's amazing it's so delayed because based upon the RAWs it's one of the most insane chapters... ever?

It's delayed because a bunch of the original leakers literally got caught/arrested. There's at least one guy that seems to still be at it, but a major crackdown occurred.

For those not reading spoilers, schedule currently seems to be:

Tuesday/Early Wednesday summary drops, often vague
Wednesday detailed summary drops that's basically what happens in the chapter
Thursday sometime raw japanese pages are scanned/photo'd and are put out there
Friday/Sat TCB gets a nicer rough English translation out.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Waffleman_ posted:

Can we like stop the fuckin fake links already? It's stopped being funny and it's just annoying now.

I'm gonna start posting the actual chapters disguised as YouTube links. All my friends ITT will still click them

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

scary ghost dog posted:

aah mystery solved.

I see. :hmmyes::coffee:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CatstropheWaitress posted:

It's delayed because a bunch of the original leakers literally got caught/arrested. There's at least one guy that seems to still be at it, but a major crackdown occurred.

For those not reading spoilers, schedule currently seems to be:

Tuesday/Early Wednesday summary drops, often vague
Wednesday detailed summary drops that's basically what happens in the chapter
Thursday sometime raw japanese pages are scanned/photo'd and are put out there
Friday/Sat TCB gets a nicer rough English translation out.

honestly at the point where you can't even get it out earlier than a day before the official release why even bother

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
oh i guess i'm able to roughly get through the level of japanese one piece uses now.

chapter is wild. looking forward to fully understanding it.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

In recent chapters (egghead) I've been having a fun time checking out what's on social media, and that kind of answers your question. Getting the content out first means you can get takes/initial images out first. Monday-Tuesday you get a lot of people #Agenda posting and a few putting up fake spoilers. After that, a lot of early hot takes.

To your point tho, it doesn't look like anyone's bothering doing lovely translations of the initial raw photos for exactly the reason you're noting. TCB is the first "clean" and decently translated go at it.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
https://wantedfansub.com/manga/one-piece/chapter-1110-the-planets-stars-descend/?style=list

Kinda lovely scanlation, but maybe better than nothing if you’re really suffering from chapter withdrawal.

E: The Five Elders’ demon forms look loving sick as hell, especially the old swordsman guy. I guess the reason why they’ve only been shown in the same room again and again throughout the series is that they are the last line of defense for Imu’s machinations for issues concerning the Void Century and are more tools and less actual human beings. That’s a much better explanation than lazy writing or forgetting to flesh them out as characters.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Mar 15, 2024

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The best part of this was someone getting it on a mug and then realising they got the hosed up arm version

Countblanc posted:

i got this muggified and my friend immediately pointed out that it looks like Luffy has a tiny arm and now i want to spike it into the ground
Post had a discord image that no longer works

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

good ch.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Man they did some poo poo filters on those images to get them black and white. Chapter is an all timer, excited for the TCB to drop.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Man they did some poo poo filters on those images to get them black and white. Chapter is an all timer, excited for the TCB to drop.

Agreed that they did some AI upscale poo poo on the ink. Looks terrible. I’m starving from lack of chapter and my ribs are showing but I will not be dining on this chap SORRY.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

TCB was the only known treatment for my cannot-wait-for-official-release disease!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

honestly at the point where you can't even get it out earlier than a day before the official release why even bother

Tbf the official release isn’t available worldwide

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Infinitum posted:

The best part of this was someone getting it on a mug and then realising they got the hosed up arm version

sup

Cat Machine fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Mar 15, 2024

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ah, that's the stuff

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Are the pirate warriors games worth playing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Are the pirate warriors games worth playing?
If you like Dynasty Warriors/musou type games, they are among the best of the genre IMO. Having One Piece styling adds that extra cherry on top, and it's clear Omega Force really give a poo poo about One Piece because all the attacks are incredibly accurate to the source material (some combos are even strings of moves that characters did in certain chapters) and there's tons of incidental details like Sanji not being able to do damage to female enemies and Luffy taking no damage from electric moves.

Pirate Warriors 3 and 4 are the only ones that are worth playing in the present day. 1 was sort of a proof-of-concept that over-emphasised narrative (why would I learn the One Piece story via a musou??) and 2 was basically dream match filler - PW3 subsumes all their content into one package. I would go with 4 first because it has everything up till the end of Wano now and if you feel yourself hungering for more content after doing the Story Log and Treasure Log then 3 is gonna give you like x20 more content with the only downside being that it ends in early Dressrosa.

The Nika/Joy Boy DLC for 4 is 100% worth it because they absolutely nailed the character dynamic and it feels amazing to do Roadrunner sprints across the entire map in like 20 seconds while nailing all the fodder with passive haki lol

Infinitum posted:

Ah, that's the stuff

Ahhhhhh, I'm coming down with a mysterious can't-see-images-on-the-forums illness