Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

sugar free jazz posted:

this video is over two hours long by a guy named the common sense skeptic wtf

mad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

dr_rat posted:

Like Seriously, or just anything on rails. It's hard to think of a worse solution for "how do you get a large number of people through a tunnel you just built, from one destination to another?".

It's so obvious musk scammed them, and then they just go a head and hire him again for more tunnels. I don't know much about the Vegas government but my god it must be so incredibly garbage.

They built a monorail in the city but they deliberately didn't connect it to the airport.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I hear those things are awfully loud

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
It glides as softly as a cloud!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bubbacub posted:

They built a monorail in the city but they deliberately didn't connect it to the airport.

Well that just make sense, airplanes are a natural predator of monorail trains and most planes are fat enough already. We really shouldn't be trying to fatten them up.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

mobby_6kl posted:

Yeah it rules, great tl;dr. I didn't follow this too closely back then so when I saw the two-hour CSS video it was pretty :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1slJdJTzfzc

I'm glad there's resources on YouTube but I cannot handle the presenter's voice :psyduck:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"common sense sceptic" feels very "I read this on Reddit"-y, is this actually worth the long runtime?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Never watch a youtube video over 10 minutes long

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Likewise I never read posts longer than a single sentence

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Potato Salad posted:

I'm glad there's resources on YouTube but I cannot handle the presenter's voice :psyduck:

Does two hours of going through pdfs of NASA procurement contracts paragraph by paragraph sound fun to you?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I found the CSS video informative especially when it comes to the HLS stuff but I've also not been all that tuned in on it in recent years. He feels a bit too high on Bezos but overall I found it interesting. Keep in mind this 2 hr version is like 4 videos in a series stitched together, so I watched it when it was in more palatable pieces.

^^^^^^ it's definitely on the dry side, yes

shyduck fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 15, 2024

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Forrest on Fire posted:

Starship Bloopers

llol

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

kazil posted:

Never watch a youtube video over 10 minutes long

This cuts Some More News and Hbomberguy so I can't endorse it

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

yes!!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

Does two hours of going through pdfs of NASA procurement contracts paragraph by paragraph sound fun to you?

What do you do for fun!?

ChthonicMasturbatr
Sep 29, 2021

born on a mountain
live in a cave
hugging and tugging
is all that i crave
I will ALWAYS be mad about the fruits of "pivot to video"
Zuckerberg LIED
websites DIED

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Looks more like they beat the car with it not just single drop. Bit lame in action.
https://i.imgur.com/oJ9j7h5.mp4

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

pixaal posted:

Looks more like they beat the car with it not just single drop. Bit lame in action.

:mediocre:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

pixaal posted:

I suppose they wanted to make sure the head stayed upright but yeah. Should've gone for single drop.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
I'm glad Olmec is having fun after retirement.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Runcible Cat posted:

I suppose they wanted to make sure the head stayed upright but yeah. Should've gone for single drop.

Possibly they didn't want the Olmec's head to crack. Probably give the opposite reading of the piece than intended if that happened.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Or, perfect in every way!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

pixaal posted:

That's me in the corner.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
"The uhhh tower guards in uhhhh Olmec's Hidden Temple are uhhhh clearly cannibals uhhhh."

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

sugar free jazz posted:

this video is over two hours long by a guy named the common sense skeptic wtf

people in these forums watch these things by the dozen lol

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
"woah, they had to drop the head on the car repeatedly to damage it even a little bit, I bet Cybertruck would have survived that just fine" - some Doge suckerfish trying to reach the orbit of Melon's attention

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

shyduck posted:

I hear those things are awfully loud

Worst AV post combo ever

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I reported a racist meme that straight up says "I hate ni*****" uncensored and according to X it doesn't break any rules

edit: that was a vicious typo vvvvvv

shyduck fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Mar 15, 2024

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

shyduck posted:

I reposted a racist meme that straight up says "I hate ni*****" uncensored and according to X it doesn't break any rules

Cool racism story

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Amazing how one letter can change an entire post around, christ

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

shyduck is a disgusting rapist

e: sorry typo I meant racist

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

shyduck posted:

Amazing how one letter can change an entire post around, christ

lmao sorry

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

shyduck posted:

I reported a racist meme that straight up says "I hate ni*****" uncensored and according to X it doesn't break any rules

edit: that was a vicious typo vvvvvv

Lol, goddamn, I was very confused earlier.

But yeah, the last thing I did on there was report a blatantly racist tweet from a blatantly racist account and of course, no action taken. Thanks so much, Elon.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

lol it's fine I never would've caught it otherwise, or at least not right away

anyway, here's the meme king

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
These loss edits are getting really abstract

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://deadline.com/2024/03/don-lemon-elon-musk-the-view-1235859782/

quote:

Former CNN anchor and now ex-X talk host Don Lemon released yet another segment of his sit-down interview with X owner Elon Musk today, with the clip showing Lemon pressing Musk about the latter’s claim that the airline industry has lower standards for female and minority pilots than for white male pilots.

Appearing on ABC’s The View today to tout his upcoming, now-YouTube series The Don Lemon Show, Lemon brought along the new interview clip that features a persistent Lemon questioning a seemingly flustered Musk about the pilot issue.

Lemon points out that after a door-sized panel blew off of an Alaska Airlines/Boeing jet mid-flight, the female pilot landed the plane safely and without further incident.

Musk has repeatedly tweeted and amplified others’ tweets that “DEI” – Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – is being prioritized by the airline industry over safety.

In the clip of the show, set to debut Monday on YouTube and other platforms, Lemon asks Musk, “Do you believe that women and minority pilots are inherently less intelligent and less skilled that white male pilots?”

“No,” Musk replies, “I’m just saying we should not lower standards for them.”

“But,” says Lemon, “there’s no evidence that the standards are being lowered when it comes to the airlines…”

“Ok, you’ve repeatedly said that there’s no evidence that the standards are being lowered,” replies Musk. “Then watch the replies showing all evidence that it is.”

“Replies on social media and Twitter are not necessarily fact and evidence,” Lemon says.

“In the replies to this, you will see how often the information is showing indeed. There are significant cases where the standards are lowered,” Musk says.

The Don Lemon Show, which was set to debut on X March 18. But, just hours after the Lemon-Musk interview took place, Lemon said he was told the show was canceled. He says it will be posted on YouTube and that he’ll share it on X and other platforms.

On The View today, Lemon said that neither Musk nor X were ever his “boss,” but rather a “distribution partner.” The former CNN anchor also said he went into the partnership “with eyes open and with best intentions.”

“I took them at their word when they courted me,” he said. When View co-hosts asked why Musk canceled the X deal, Lemon said, “That’s a good question for Elon Musk – he knows who Don Lemon is.”

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Looks at this all this evidence!!!!
:points to a catturd2 reply:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Elon Musk is amazingly dumb