Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

looks like the Antetokounmpos are leading the Wagners though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Hopefully they don't fly on any planes in Russia in that case

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Shear Modulus posted:

looks like the Antetokounmpos are leading the Wagners though

lol, I forgot about Thanasis. Good catch.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

the celtics scored 81 points with 17 made threes in the first half today. and the bucks scored 82 with 18 made threes in the first half half today

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Spacebump posted:

Which pair of siblings finishes the season with more total points scored, Wagners or Currys? (Based on bbr stats, Wagners lead by 47)

It's Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and his brother Thomasi

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Adam silver watching as he approaches Grady for a jersey swap, "not that guy! Nooo!"

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
time to revisit some preseason over unders.

pre:
       preseason   currently
team       o/u    on pace for    diff
OKC       44.5       57.5       +13.0
MIN       44.5       56.3       +11.8
ORL       37.5       48.2       +10.7
BOS       54.5       64.9       +10.4
HOU       31.5       39.2        +7.7
IND       38.5       45.8        +7.3
NOP       44.5       50.2        +5.7
LAC       46.5       51.4        +4.9
DEN       52.5       56.7        +4.2
NYK       45.5       49.0        +3.5
SAC       44.5       47.2        +2.7
CHI       37.5       39.8        +2.3
DAL       45.5       47.1        +1.6
CLE       50.5       51.4        +0.9
UTA       35.5       35.5        +0.0
MIA       45.5       45.3        -0.2
MIL       54.5       53.1        -1.4
PHI       48.5       45.3        -3.2
LAL       47.5       43.4        -4.1
PHO       51.5       47.1        -4.4
GSW       48.5       43.5        -5.0
POR       28.5       23.3        -5.2
ATL       42.5       36.7        -5.8
BRK       37.5       31.3        -6.2
TOR       36.5       27.7        -8.8
SAS       28.5       18.1       -10.4
CHA       31.5       20.5       -11.0
WAS       24.5       13.3       -11.2
DET       28.5       14.7       -13.8
MEM       45.5       27.7       -17.8
I don't think there's a lot of debate about OKC and MIN being the most surprising at the top of the list. ORL and HOU are still surprising to me to be exceeding expectations. Nothing shocking at the bottom of the list, aside from people (including me) thinking that the Pistons may somehow win 28 games.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Adam silver watching as he approaches Grady for a jersey swap, "not that guy! Nooo!"
lmao

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

dokmo posted:

I don't think there's a lot of debate about OKC and MIN being the most surprising at the top of the list. ORL and HOU are still surprising to me to be exceeding expectations. Nothing shocking at the bottom of the list, aside from people (including me) thinking that the Pistons may somehow win 28 games.

Washington AND Detroit having the 1st and 2nd lowest pre-season o/u and still being the 3rd and 2nd biggest negative difference is kinda nuts.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
God if you told me at the end of November that the Bulls would hit their win totals I would have laughed in your face.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

quote:

LeBron James and JJ Redick are teaming up on a podcast planned to be a pure conversation about basketball, James, Redick and James’ business partner, Maverick Carter, told The Athletic.

“It’s meant to be a very free-flowing conversation about the sport and about the game,” Redick said in a phone interview. “If you look at it in a very simplistic way, it’s just about basketball.”

The show, “Mind the Game,” will begin with no corporate partners as James, considered one of the greatest players of all-time, and Redick, a 15-year NBA veteran who is now part of ABC/ESPN’s NBA Finals crew, want it to be as organic as possible. It has no set advertising sponsor yet.

The duo is producing the new venture with their two companies, James’ Uninterrupted and Redick’s ThreeFourTwo Productions.

“I’m really proud of what we’ve done to innovate in sports media,” James said in a statement to The Athletic. “… When I do a project, the only thing I think about is whether me and my friends would watch it. That is definitely the case with ‘Mind the Game.’ Everything doesn’t need to be designed for internet culture and clicks.”

The first show will debut Tuesday and is expected to be weekly, running 45 minutes to an hour per episode. It will be available on YouTube and all podcast platforms. There will be other guests on some of the shows, Redick said.

The concept of the program is meant to be a departure from talk shows like ESPN’s “First Take,” where Redick is a contributor. Those shows regularly debate subjective opinions about sports, while James and Redick plan to delve deeper into the actual game of basketball.

“This is like two wine masters, sommeliers, talking about wine, not necessarily you or me arguing if I like Burgundy or Bordeaux better,” said Carter, the co-founder and CEO of Uninterrupted.

The pairing of the most iconic current player and one of the NBA Finals TV game analysts came together quickly after James and Redick bounced it back and forth in December. They have already taped two episodes.

In one clip from the forthcoming podcast, viewed by The Athletic, the setting is very casual, with the hosts drinking red wine and talking in great detail about how to guard a pick play.

“I love talking basketball, by the way,” James said at the end of the clip.

James, 39, can pick the projects he wants, in much the same way Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have done after their legendary careers that created nearly unlimited media opportunities.

“The way he talks about the game, the way he communicates the game, it’s beautiful,” Redick said.

Redick, also 39, retired from playing just three years ago. He has quickly transitioned into a full-time media career, combining new school (with his own podcast, “The Old Man and the Three,” and his own production company) to go with traditional roles, such as being on network studio shows.

In February, ESPN promoted Redick to its No. 1 NBA broadcast team with Mike Breen and Doris Burke. The move was necessitated by Doc Rivers leaving for the Milwaukee Bucks’ head-coaching job.

James and Redick teaming together is another example of athletes and ex-athletes having a forum to talk about what they want, when and where they want it.

“We don’t have to wait or partner with anybody if we have an amazing idea,” Carter said. “Those guys were just ready to go. They were ready to get in the room, and we didn’t want to overthink it, over-produce it.”

Redick said while they will talk about the small nuances of the game, they will delve into other topics, mentioning youth basketball and the Olympics.

“I think both of us feel there is more that we can give,” Redick said.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Lebron jumping on the JJ Reddick Podcast train like 5 years too late is very on brand.

I mean, I'll probably listen to it. This makes it sound like what if your mom and her friend were world-class NBA athletes talking on some random sunday.

quote:

In one clip from the forthcoming podcast, viewed by The Athletic, the setting is very casual, with the hosts drinking red wine and talking in great detail about how to guard a pick play.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Club JJ

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Welcome to club JJ I am your host and also the proprietor of club JJ

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
This gets us one step closer to Lebron going on the Dunker Spot so I'm all for it

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lebron should do a tour, appearing on every major NBA podcast except for windhorsts.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Orlando has apparently posted a social media graduate associate position on LinkedIn. Rip the Orlando social media person.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Hell yes I love free-flowing conversations

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Spacebump posted:

Orlando has apparently posted a social media graduate associate position on LinkedIn. Rip the Orlando social media person.

drat they got blackdicked already

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Club JJ vs. Team Dime

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

club jj is not a gang

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://x.com/ShamsCharania/status/1769784684882567442?s=20

https://x.com/mindthegamepod/status/1769778575400485263?s=20

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Live. Laugh. Layup.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
team dime is not a gang

Earlier in the season, Deandre Ayton played far less aggressively. At the time, Ayton said on Thursday, he was feeling his way through the offense and playing with new players. But there was more to his struggles. “My body wasn’t just my body,” he said. “People forget the humane difference of me adjusting to everything.” That included something as routine as getting proper sleep. “Just being comfortable in waking up,” he said. “I didn’t have a bed for quite some time. I was on an air mattress. Just trying to figure this out.”
Source: Oregonian

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

team dime is not a gang

Earlier in the season, Deandre Ayton played far less aggressively. At the time, Ayton said on Thursday, he was feeling his way through the offense and playing with new players. But there was more to his struggles. “My body wasn’t just my body,” he said. “People forget the humane difference of me adjusting to everything.” That included something as routine as getting proper sleep. “Just being comfortable in waking up,” he said. “I didn’t have a bed for quite some time. I was on an air mattress. Just trying to figure this out.”

deandre's Josh personality was going through a tough divorce and was out all night drinking, and his Rodrigo personality was on the run from the federales. really tough to deal with all that on top of being a starting center in the nba

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
MaturAYTON

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Headmayton

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

InflAyton

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

You signed a 9 figure contract, buy a real bed my dude.

Seriously though, I honestly really appreciate how much Lebron genuinely loves the game. Like if you ever hear Jordan talk about the game he seems to just despise it and only really gets animated when he talks about humiliating someone else. The only other super star who seems to love the game like that was Magic, who (twitter aside) is about 1/4 as comprehensible as Lebron.

It's just really cool and I don't know that we'll see another athlete like that in our lifetime.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Dejan Bimble posted:

team dime is not a gang

contemplayton

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Lockback posted:

You signed a 9 figure contract, buy a real bed my dude.

Seriously though, I honestly really appreciate how much Lebron genuinely loves the game. Like if you ever hear Jordan talk about the game he seems to just despise it and only really gets animated when he talks about humiliating someone else. The only other super star who seems to love the game like that was Magic, who (twitter aside) is about 1/4 as comprehensible as Lebron.

It's just really cool and I don't know that we'll see another athlete like that in our lifetime.

I don't think basketball was MJ's first love and it was easy for him. So talking about it is corny. Why doesn't everyone score 40 in game 7? Are you dumb?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Humiliating other people was Jordan's true art and love language. Basketball was just the medium.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
You don't become as much of a basketball psycho and perfectionist as he was without loving the game.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Dexo posted:

You don't become as much of a basketball psycho and perfectionist as he was without loving the game.

I think he loved the competition and the winning more than the game, but regardless he is just unable to talk about it the way Lebron does. Even if he has that passion, whether he thinks he'd look to vulnerable to geek out over talking about defending OOB plays or what, he just comes across very differently than most super stars. And it's not even about the era either, as a lot of guys today still don't seem to be feel comfortable like that. That feels super unique about Lebron.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
I feel like KD is a superstar who loves the game - maybe he doesn't talk x and o's like bron but he clearly loves hooping

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Imagine having 20m+ in the bank and sleeping on an air bed you bought at the downtown portland target

Deandre, just order something

I slept on an air bed for 2 years and I think it permanently damaged my spine

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Air mattress is fine for playing 2k on so he’s good

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Air mattresses are terrible for your back youre better off sleeping on the ground

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

riveting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
The greatest jersey swap ever deserves a .gif

AB totally orchestrated the whole thing