Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

If they seize and sell Mar A Lago, what happens to Ivana?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

So with bonds via a bondsman you usually pay 10%, don't get that back, then the bondsman ponies up the rest?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Stoatbringer posted:

She's sent straight to a reality show, 30 Days Of Melania

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Ivana New Daddy

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I bet it hasn't really even sunk in to Trump that this "bond" isn't like just a deposit that he's going to get back once the appeals process TOTALLY AND FULLY EXONERATES him, he is definitely guilty and liable for the judgment and he will have to be out that money one way or the other

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Data Graham posted:

I bet it hasn't really even sunk in to Trump that this "bond" isn't like just a deposit that he's going to get back once the appeals process TOTALLY AND FULLY EXONERATES him, he is definitely guilty and liable for the judgment and he will have to be out that money one way or the other

Just like when he wanted to punish Mexico and China with TARRIFS! BING BONG SO SIMPLE!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Ivana is the dead wife you dolts.

She's also in New Jersey, not Florida

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Olanphonia posted:

The other thing holding trump back from getting the bond, beyond the fact he definitely doesn't have the liquid assets to cover, is that no bond company can afford to lose $500 million and stay solvent. And that is absolutely what will happen if they post a bond for him because trump famously will never pay a bill that he isn't sued for and I can't imagine there are many bond companies that can eat a $500 million loss for several years as they go after him for money. Even liquidating mar a Lago would take substantial time as they need to sell and then fight the other creditors for the amount and surely have to fend off frivolous legal challenges by trump's all-star legal team.

Lol

Also it's an amount due because he lost a case about inflating the value of his assets so it's doubly funny.

"please give me a bond based on the value of collateral from a building I just got convicted of lying about the value of" lmao

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Olanphonia posted:

The other thing holding trump back from getting the bond, beyond the fact he definitely doesn't have the liquid assets to cover, is that no bond company can afford to lose $500 million and stay solvent. And that is absolutely what will happen if they post a bond for him because trump famously will never pay a bill that he isn't sued for and I can't imagine there are many bond companies that can eat a $500 million loss for several years as they go after him for money. Even liquidating mar a Lago would take substantial time as they need to sell and then fight the other creditors for the amount and surely have to fend off frivolous legal challenges by trump's all-star legal team.

Lol

also Pmurt is capable of doing poo poo like posting the names and addresses of the bond company's executives and saying DO SOMETHING

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
I just realized this means he almost certainly went to Jared and Ivanka asking for money and they said “no.”

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Guess which former president woke up loving pissed

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Also it's an amount due because he lost a case about inflating the value of his assets so it's doubly funny.

"please give me a bond based on the value of collateral from a building I just got convicted of lying about the value of" lmao

How much you want to bet he told every one of those 30 banks/insurers that Mar-a-Lago is worth at least $1.5 billion, not like that ridiculous $18 million figure handed down by the Trump hating judge

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nodelphi posted:

I just realized this means he almost certainly went to Jared and Ivanka asking for money and they said “no.”

Oh god please with the "he went to Jared"

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

kazil posted:

Stay mad bitch

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Nobody has ever corruption tremendous

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

kazil posted:

I'll say this for Donnie Dumps, very soon he'll be a man of the people

As he'll also be flat broke

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Nodelphi posted:

BEGGING LIKE A DOG

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

:qq: The law shouldn't apply to me!

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

kazil posted:

God drat, just have a stroke already and be done with it you senile ghoul.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Lol imagine Jared ignoring the calls all weekend.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

It's so much better that the decision to bar him from taking loans was reversed, so that he has to admit that absolutely nobody will even consider giving him a loan.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

How much you want to bet he told every one of those 30 banks/insurers that Mar-a-Lago is worth at least $1.5 billion, not like that ridiculous $18 million figure handed down by the Trump hating judge

Which is funny again because that $18 million figure comes from his taxes.
The IRS should just tell him they value the Trump brand at $10b and make him pay taxes for it lol

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Stoatbringer posted:

no isnt that the NJ golf course?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Post itt when you lol that trump has had multiple numbers done on him

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

cr0y posted:

Post itt when trump has had multiple numbers done on him

he's famously had a bunch of number 1s done on him in Russia

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

kazil posted:

he's famously had a bunch of number 1s done on him in Russia

TMZ would probably put up the half billy if Trump gave em the tape

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

PhazonLink posted:

no isnt that the NJ golf course?

I hear that in NJ there’s a goonies style map to where she’s buried.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Nodelphi posted:

I hear that in NJ there’s a goonies style map to where she’s buried.

Follow the burnt out grass urine trail

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Tahirovic posted:

Which is funny again because that $18 million figure comes from his taxes.
The IRS should just tell him they value the Trump brand at $10b and make him pay taxes for it lol

It’s been months but it’s never stopped being hilarious that he’s actually arguing that he defrauded the tax authorities instead of defrauding investors (when he did both but lmao).

Imagine walking into a hearing and telling the judge “your honor, I didn’t lie to the investment banks, I lied to the IRS and local property tax authorities! Total exoneration!”

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

kazil posted:

I bet he thought it was a brilliant move announcing his run early so he could claim all the charges against him were political. Turns out the courts don't care.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You realize you could make a movie about the phone calls and meetings that have been frantically occurring behind the scenes over the last few days in order to secure this bond. Just imagine the types of people and organizations that have been contacted, especially in the last twenty-four hours.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

You realize you could make a movie about the phone calls and meetings that have been frantically occurring behind the scenes over the last few days in order to secure this bond. Just imagine the types of people and organizations that have been contacted, especially in the last twenty-four hours.

Putin my good friend! Come to your place? No I need half a billion! what do you mean no? Slumber Party at your house? No I can't I need to go to court tomorrow.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jared: Just hit ignore

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

pixaal posted:

Putin my good friend! Come to your place? No I need half a billion! what do you mean no? Slumber Party at your house? No I can't I need to go to court tomorrow.

“I got that tea basket, it was lovely, tremendous. Just the best tea. I don’t drink tea but I gave it to Eric and he’s having such a great time with it that I haven’t heard from him in a week! Can you imagine that?”

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Hello, Pwerto Rico? I hate that name, by the way, it's me, your best predisent ME! I am claiming your amnesty, defend me with your water.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Monica Bellucci posted:

Hello, Pwerto Rico? I hate that name, by the way, it's me, your best predisent ME! I am claiming your amnesty, defend me with your water.

Act now and I'll throw in some paper towels

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

“I just need you to find me 454 million more votes I mean, dollars…”

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

i'm imagining chud interns calling every bail bondsman in the phone book, trying desperately to come up with 480m across 500+ lenders

ofc that would mean he put up 48m to the bail bondsmen, which is obviously a :lol::lmao:

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Vampire Panties posted:

i'm imagining chud interns calling every bail bondsman in the phone book, trying desperately to come up with 480m across 500+ lenders

ofc that would mean he put up 48m to the bail bondsmen, which is obviously a :lol::lmao:

he'll just get someone else to loan him the $48 mil first

bing bong so simple!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
But Mar a Lago is worth billions!

In Philadelphia, it's worth 50 dollars.