Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wombot
Sep 11, 2001

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Pretty much the only reason I'm not sure this was a hit is that given their recent track record I'm not sure Boeing management could hire a competent killer.

Comedy option is a false flag by Airbus black ops.

I saw a similar opinion on Bluesky and it got me thinking: I think it's doing the whole thing a disservice to let Boeing skate as "incompetent". They aren't. The debacles with the Max and 787 (and maybe the nascent 777X) aren't down to incompetence, they are the byproduct of intentional, planned cutbacks of key talent and infrastructure done under the aegis of a federal government that will bail them out. Malicious, short-sighted, sure. Not incompetent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

At least make it look like a real accident. Smash his head into the pavement and put a banana on his shoe. Anything but this bullshit.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

They’d been sending him free flight vouchers for years but it wasn’t working

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Wombot posted:

I saw a similar opinion on Bluesky and it got me thinking: I think it's doing the whole thing a disservice to let Boeing skate as "incompetent". They aren't. The debacles with the Max and 787 (and maybe the nascent 777X) aren't down to incompetence, they are the byproduct of intentional, planned cutbacks of key talent and infrastructure done under the aegis of a federal government that will bail them out. Malicious, short-sighted, sure. Not incompetent.

Yeah this is a good way to phrase it.

Exceptionally productive MBA brain juicing quarterly earnings is indistinguishable from incompetence

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Wombot posted:

Please don't overthink a crumby one liner.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

M_Gargantua posted:

Yeah this is a good way to phrase it.

Exceptionally productive MBA brain juicing quarterly earnings is indistinguishable from incompetence

induced incompetence

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

goatsestretchgoals posted:

fake edit: i lost the original narrative half way through but im posting because i like my dunk on the russian navy

Wouldn't a pair of kilos have the entire 1904 fleet in the bag?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

BrotherJayne posted:

They might not carry enough torpedoes between them to put one in every ship.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

BrotherJayne posted:

Depends on if you can find a pair of fully-working Kilos.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Madurai posted:

They might not carry enough torpedoes between them to put one in every ship.

Follow-up: has the crew drank the torpedo fuel?

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

maffew buildings posted:

counterpoint - royal family comms teams recent photoshop adventures

*GNU Image Manipulation Program adventures

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

What a grim world we live in, in which corporations are copying Russias antics of "suicide".

Tiny Timbs posted:

Holy poo poo

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Tiny Timbs posted:

Heh

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BrotherJayne posted:

No because they didn't exist in 1904.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

No because they didn't exist in 1904.

To be fair, neither did the entire Russian fleet midway through 1905.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Speaking of Russia...

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

To be fair, neither did the entire Russian fleet midway through 2025.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Speaking of Russia...

I want to blame this one on the implications of his living situation, but to be honest, Snowden has always had this streak in him.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
If you've got 10 tweets from 1997 you're in line to get a Nobel Prize for inventing time travel.

... which you obviously would have used to go back and kill Hitler if you weren't a loving Nazi.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Speaking of Russia...

“Shut up nerd”

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m honestly not sure if there is single day since Elon Musk appointed himself the Technoking of Twitter that he hasn’t made ten bad tweets.

Maybe there was a day when he was too sleepy and too drugged to keep up his busy posting schedule.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Platystemon posted:

I want to blame this one on the implications of his living situation, but to be honest, Snowden has always had this streak in him.

It didn't even click who it was until said this lol

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
https://youtu.be/YDOMhCCpTnQ?si=IshXVKsw_gfkPuh-

Its kinda hard to get a sense of scale cause everything is so loving big.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/esjesjesj/status/1769940927429116309?t=M7KuxgRtXjDtHOzdPGbg8g&s=19

Dance, jackass, dance.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Fucker has been babied by jerkoff interviewers like Lex Friedman fawning over him like he's the second coming off Jesus Christ. He gets the mildest pushback and just breaks down.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/RoxaneLGibson1/status/1770071969058127920?t=zAA4qIF6KyPWcZMpvq-ABg&s=19

Alina Habba will now pay for the attractive, rapidly wealthy pet lawyer of Donald Trump portion of the proceedings by entering into the FAFO segment.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

lightpole posted:

https://youtu.be/YDOMhCCpTnQ?si=IshXVKsw_gfkPuh-

Its kinda hard to get a sense of scale cause everything is so loving big.

I spent too much time in HS classes watching the Port of Baltimore to know how massive of a gently caress up that is.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Rest in Peace Sgt Chowdown (CMSgt (Ret.) Robin Williams):

https://everloved.com/life-of/robin-lawrence-williams/obituary/

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

NO

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

what the gently caress

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

That Works posted:

what the gently caress

It being a heart attack is almost poetic though. What too many chowhall hot dogs does to a mf...

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
God drat it

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
i wonder if he knew he was a hero

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

He absolutely knew. There are video essays on YT about him. He got interviewed by a PAO for a piece, too.

RIP to a real OG.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
:(

Mods do the needful and change the title.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

:(

Mods do the needful and change the title.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

My Spirit Otter posted:

i wonder if he knew he was a hero

Oh yeah, he definitely knew.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

gently caress i was just about to post that. Seemed like a cool dude that rolled with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
gently caress he was pretty young too