Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

So this guy is def the moon, right?

That's Mac To-Knight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Such a crying shame how cool that guy looks, only to be a supreme punk rear end buster.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Oda should probably get another assistant and trust more of the work to them.
He should go back to most his panel backgrounds being whitespace imo

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

MorningMoon posted:

All these magaka deaths recently might've given oda a scare, too.

He deserves a rest just to rest.

If Vegapunk doesn't tell us the tea before the break I'm gonna riot.

Yeah, I had the same thought. "Chapter?" Is funny and all, but he doesn't need to work himself into an early grave.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think oda should take more breaks and give us fewer chapters.

I want shorter manga with worse art by people who are paid more to work less, and I'm not kidding.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I've said it before but I think last year's ~30 chapters have done a lot more to progress the plot towards a conclusion than many of the 40+ chapter years that came before it. Oda having time to think about upcoming plotlines and how they'll help pay off existing hooks has had a lot of benefit imo

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
He probably experienced a bit out of a burnout during Wano because hoo boy that arc was long

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Hard to quantify exactly how much better it is, but definitely comparing to stuff like MHA where the authors body is like disintegrating in real time it’s pretty safe to assume it’s overall been a net good for Oda to take as many breaks as we wants

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I hope Oda is okay.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Is it just me or do Dragon and Rocks look similar?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Waffleman_ posted:

Umibozu...

Umi...

Imu...

Uzob.... uzzob. Ussop... :aaa:

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
I will forever complain about breaks because One Piece owns, but in reality hope Oda takes all the breaks he wants because mangaka-ing is hell and he deserves them.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
Last night the edibles kicked in and I started looking at One Piece wikis because why not? I could taste colors and that owned.

And then somehow I got into McDonalds Lore but didn't piece together that every McDonalds character wasn't in One Piece and honestly, even today i'm not sure they aren't.

This led to a long tailed search around the internet for the lore of MacTonight who I thought was Shanks' dad.

And then I came upon a piece of trivia. MacTonight was played by Doug Jones of Fishman fame.

So I guess this morning i'm coming to a normal level of consciousness but am worried i've damaged my brain OR i've realized One Piece is a long McDonalds commercial.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The extra strange twist to the Garling-Mac Tonight lore is back in the 2010s or so 4chan et al made a lot of memes where Mac Tonight, renamed "moon man", was a hyperviolent racist.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i sort of assumed oda was taking a break to mourn the loss of toriyama. they were quite close, right? maybe i am wrong

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
oda should quit smoking imo

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Jose posted:

oda should quit smoking imo

Who wants to go on a dumb adventure like that?

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

oda should start smoking salvia

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i quit smoking really easily. it was easy because i replaced it with snus which i now use 24/7. but the smoking part itself was simple to leave behind.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I want One Piece to end in 200 chapters or less

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i want it to end as oda wants

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

I want One Piece

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

TheKingofSprings posted:

I want One Piece 200 chapter or es

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

TheKingofSprings posted:

I want One Piece to end in 200 chapters or less

no!!!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

200 chapters ago was the start of Wano in July 2018

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

PuttyKnife posted:

Last night the edibles kicked in and I started looking at One Piece wikis because why not? I could taste colors and that owned.

And then somehow I got into McDonalds Lore but didn't piece together that every McDonalds character wasn't in One Piece and honestly, even today i'm not sure they aren't.

This led to a long tailed search around the internet for the lore of MacTonight who I thought was Shanks' dad.

And then I came upon a piece of trivia. MacTonight was played by Doug Jones of Fishman fame.

So I guess this morning i'm coming to a normal level of consciousness but am worried i've damaged my brain OR i've realized One Piece is a long McDonalds commercial.

One Piece will be under golden arches

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
one piece of chicken nugs more than you ordered

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQCssUWUxIo

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Can I have a month off to mourn Toriyama as well?

I'm still owed a month for Miura as well.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
is your boss mexican?

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/sloshyyyy/status/1770192079022387393?t=H2Ykss3WL_SoX7jmIwaF_g&s=19

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

But who will fight Kuzan

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Meowywitch posted:

But who will fight Kuzan

Caribou?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Robin

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Meowywitch posted:

But who will fight Kuzan

Kolby

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

this makes the most sense. if Kuzan isn't pulling super secret agent poo poo then Kolby has a grudge for icing Garp. it'd also be an opportunity to show he has surpassed the old man

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Meowywitch posted:

But who will fight Kuzan

I will.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Meowywitch posted:

But who will fight Kuzan

Me and my space heater

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

It still fucks me up that Doc Q is 26 years old

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Everything about Doc Q is so funny. Looks old as poo poo despite being like in his late twenties, the appearance of literally the last loving guy you’d ever want doing any medicine on you, and rides a horse that’s like eight feet tall and looks like death warmed over named Stronger that’s also a Pegasus now but still looks like complete poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Last Celebration posted:

Everything about Doc Q is so funny. Looks old as poo poo despite being like in his late twenties, the appearance of literally the last loving guy you’d ever want doing any medicine on you, and rides a horse that’s like eight feet tall and looks like death warmed over named Stronger that’s also a Pegasus now but still looks like complete poo poo.

Also the fact that his fighting style is just tricking people into eating exploding apples and if that fails just throwing said apples at people, even after he gets the devil fruit that lets him basically rewrite peoples DNA at will