Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The Grimace posted:

I can't find the words to properly express my hatred for Chaya Raichik. There's a special place in hell (or the void or whatever your religious creed or lack thereof advocates) for people so vile.

I hope we find out soon what place it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

zedprime posted:

Supercharger is having a bit of a business case crisis as Tesla has started licensing their charger tech and now needs more compelling reasons to stop at theirs besides "it's the only place the charger fits."

Services that take an hour is a good idea. For someone else to install a Tesla charger at their existing restaurant.

Nah, their business case is "Superchargers are the only DC fast chargers that aren't constantly broken piles of poo poo"

Their competition in that sector is shockingly, appallingly loving bad. Their biggest competitor, Electrify America, is trying to turn things around, but they were started by VW plugging dieselgate fines into them, and it shows, a Goon worked for them and their architecture is garbage. The only reason non-supercharger fast charging companies still exist is that Superchargers were a walled garden, and their competitors were equally trash.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

A restaurant where you need to ride up on the horse Elon gifted you

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
This seems as good a place as any to share this:

https://twitter.com/heyelonyousuck/status/1770199080204898333?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

Also this:

https://twitter.com/marionumber4/status/1770188345055817929?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 20, 2024

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Elviscat posted:

Nah, their business case is "Superchargers are the only DC fast chargers that aren't constantly broken piles of poo poo"

Their competition in that sector is shockingly, appallingly loving bad. Their biggest competitor, Electrify America, is trying to turn things around, but they were started by VW plugging dieselgate fines into them, and it shows, a Goon worked for them and their architecture is garbage. The only reason non-supercharger fast charging companies still exist is that Superchargers were a walled garden, and their competitors were equally trash.

The supercharger network at this point is the only real competitive advantage Tesla has over rival EVS

So of course Musk the Business Genius is taking short term cash licensing them to every other automaker and destroying any reason to buy a Tesla, lmao

Also Don Lemon found the only people who suck more than him to make him look good by comparison, fuckin shameful

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
so 2/3 of those pictured dudes died?(is that Roger Stone(alive) in the middle?)

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
roger stone is the most ghoulish weird-looking motherfucker that has ever lived with his weird prehistoric head and permanent amphetamine grimace

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Dunno guys Teslas seem pretty based between this and the billionaire getting Oceangated the other week.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

PhazonLink posted:

so 2/3 of those pictured dudes died?(is that Roger Stone(alive) in the middle?)

You can't convince me that's not a Weekend at Bernies situation going on there

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

loving gottem

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
So mad that a washed up CNN journalist made my big boy genius upset

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Hey musk how does it feel to have gotten bodied by don loving lemon of all people

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

im not owned as i continue to post about how not owned i am with a specific emoji of my owner in the tweets im tweeting where im insistent that im not owned

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Wouldn’t a master genius be able to talk their way out of any interview they were aware of by this logic?

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Slotducks posted:

im not owned as i continue to post about how not owned i am with a specific emoji of my owner in the tweets im tweeting where im insistent that im not owned

im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper twitter lovely broken bot-infested social media site that i got mad.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Don Lemon steps up to the plate. Tim Pool serves up a beanball. Lemon just cracks it right into his face and takes an easy jog around the bases. Tim Pool, astonished, dies. The entire right wing can't exist without some massively under-apprehended preconception that they are just never going to be talked back to.

Well, okay, to be fair, they constantly get owned, but-

Okay, to be even more fair, they're a drooling mess, but-

Well, at least they're not a group of entirely mentally flat-circled grift simps, you kn-

Okay, but...I guess at least they're not embarrassi-

They totally have each other's bac-

They're totally cool enough to-

They don't get kicked out of bars and-

None of them are constantly thrown in prison for-

They're representing the American publi-

Well at least they're conspicuously rich and famous. lmao

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Elviscat posted:

Superchargers are notoriously constantly broken. Like, you'll pull up to a row of 3 and only 1 works.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Teslas have a consistent electric receptacle location so that Supercharger spots can have the minimum cable length which is nice because cables are expensive.

Except when licensing the charger to other manufacturers they didn't make any stipulations about where the charger is so that for example if 3 olives wanted to charge his car at a Supercharger using the Ford manufactured adapter he needs to back in and take up 2 parking spots (a natural inclination for him anyway) because it only reaches when using the neighboring spot's charger.

The wide licensing of the Tesla charger is going to make a huge business out of competing with Supercharger if we make it to the latter half of the decade.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Superchargers are notoriously constantly broken. Like, you'll pull up to a row of 3 and only 1 works.

I think you're thinking of their competition, most supercharger installations are 10+ stalls. They also have some reliability issues, but it's nowhere close to the issues the others have, and experts in the field (not me) who work for the competition praise how well designed and built the hardware and software they run is.

J.D. Power reports that 21% of non-Tesla EV charging station users were unable to charge at a station in 1Q 2023, only 4% of Supercharger users reported the same issue.

I've used EA etc.'s chargers for over 5 years now, I would love to poo poo on Tesla and Elon here, but the SC network is just objectively better.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

zedprime posted:

Teslas have a consistent electric receptacle location so that Supercharger spots can have the minimum cable length which is nice because cables are expensive.

Except when licensing the charger to other manufacturers they didn't make any stipulations about where the charger is so that for example if 3 olives wanted to charge his car at a Supercharger using the Ford manufactured adapter he needs to back in and take up 2 parking spots (a natural inclination for him anyway) because it only reaches when using the neighboring spot's charger.

The wide licensing of the Tesla charger is going to make a huge business out of competing with Supercharger if we make it to the latter half of the decade.

Yeah, operating the only reliable DC fast charging network in the US, that can charge any EV, is gonna put Tesla right out of business, good point.

E: well it might, but it's going to be because it removes one of the most compelling reasons to choose a Tesla over other EVs, not because the SC network loses market dominance. I would love nothing more than for a competing network to step up and eat their lunch, believe me.

Elviscat fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 20, 2024

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

zedprime posted:

You have said the actual truth

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I was just sitting here at lunch and a really awful looking Cybertruck just went speeding by and it sounded like it was going to peel out

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I work with EV chargers* and we just started doing NACS conversions, so the ball’s already rolling there.

*akshually they’re called electric vehicle service equipment because a “charger” is a more strictly defined term

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Tai posted:

HAHAHAHHHAHAh

A techy at work just bought a tesla. When he went to pick it up, he asked how it works. The loving rep said you have to teach yourself and walked off.

lol and lmao!!

git gud, scrub

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
How does it work? That's the best thing about it, it doesn't!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

That’s worse.

You get how that is worse, right?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Elviscat posted:

Yeah, operating the only reliable DC fast charging network in the US, that can charge any EV, is gonna put Tesla right out of business, good point.

E: well it might, but it's going to be because it removes one of the most compelling reasons to choose a Tesla over other EVs, not because the SC network loses market dominance. I would love nothing more than for a competing network to step up and eat their lunch, believe me.
I think I generally agree Supercharger is the one you want to use. I'm just not sure that's going to be the case in 2025. Overall I'd rather question why the Worlds Greatest AI company hasn't divested their gas station business and is instead adding on restaurants.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tai posted:

HAHAHAHHHAHAh

A techy at work just bought a tesla. When he went to pick it up, he asked how it works. The loving rep said you have to teach yourself and walked off.

lol and lmao!!

Tesla has the demographic of humiliation fetishists locked up.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 20, 2024

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Tai posted:

Hey musk how does it feel to have gotten bodied by don loving lemon of all people

thats the best thing. the catalyst for all this was "milder anderson cooper"

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

No, no, no, you misunderstand. The car isn't stupidly broken in that way, it's stupidly broken in THIS way!

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Marques performing a perfect somersault explaining it’s not a “door fit” issue but rather how the door has been badly fit.

I don’t think anyone besides Musk himself spends as much time playing cover and hyping up the Tesla/Musk brand as Marques.

I know IMC is king bootlicker but I don’t think he has that much of an impact. MKBHD is moving units.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

spanky the dolphin posted:

Marques performing a perfect somersault explaining it’s not a “door fit” issue but rather how the door has been badly fit.

I don’t think anyone besides Musk himself spends as much time playing cover and hyping up the Tesla/Musk brand as Marques.

I know IMC is king bootlicker but I don’t think he has that much of an impact. MKBHD is moving units.
How could you forget Dodge Designer.

In terms of the actual dogshit products Marques might be one of the worst, but he also did it for Apple poo poo too

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Everyone forgets DogeDesigner. He’s meming into the void.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Actually, I think you'll find that this isn't one car we built poorly, the machine that builds every car doesn't work properly

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
So when Elon Musk, deep in a K hole, walks under the grey-marked murder machinery on his factory floor and gets his giant face stuck in a sanding belt that slowly but surely turns his rectangular frog face into a more palatable sphere before finally sanding him down to the neck where he finally, mercifully expires, what will Dogedesigner do?

Will he:

A) Recreate the Nerd Outside Apple Store After Jobs Died picture

B) Follow his leader and blow himself up by gently picking up a bottle of Tesla booze

C) Announce the incident the most epic hilarious owning of the wokerati and then make a picture of Anakin saying "I hate sand...ers!!!'

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
All of the above

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Doge Designer will never be as cool as Jobs Mourning Hipster, sorry.

UltraMegaPhil
May 2, 2010

Number one.
I can only apologize

UltraMegaPhil fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 20, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Neuralink posted an update showing the first patient controlling a mouse pointer with their mind to play a chess game. It does seem impressive but I honestly don't know if it's a milestone that's already been achieved in this field