Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Luffy will eat the one piece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_1Jd89Hyz4

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

oddium posted:

the one piece is real

he's already hinted that its not with luffy telling usopp to shut up

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
saw a dumb theory on tik tok that i now fully believe anyway. kidd is related to vegapunk. all his attacks have 'punk' in the name and when he makes the railgun it has a '07' on it like all the vegapuk sattelites have 01 thru 06. also it makes sense that he's going to continue to be an important character in this arc when they get to elbaf, narrative proximity

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I really hope he's joking about figuring out what the One Piece actually is..............

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

tbp posted:

saw a dumb theory on tik tok that i now fully believe anyway. kidd is related to vegapunk. all his attacks have 'punk' in the name and when he makes the railgun it has a '07' on it like all the vegapuk sattelites have 01 thru 06. also it makes sense that he's going to continue to be an important character in this arc when they get to elbaf, narrative proximity

hmm. i buy it. filing this away next to doc q being hiruluk’s son

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

tbp posted:

https://x.com/Leleo2211/status/1761874521064378410?s=20

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Zoro is more tsundere than I remember, trying to seem like also doesn't share Luffy's same brain cell

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I hope Kidd's dead.

Make some room for Urouge on Elbaf.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So a quick question about the manga box sets. Do they ever go back in print? I got the first one but while I can find sets 3 and 4, the second set is proving harder to find (I'm in the UK).

I know that I could buy the individual volumes but I'd prefer to have the boxes if possible.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I hope Kidd's dead.

Make some room for Urouge on Elbaf.

if kidd comes back into the story it will be like a single panel in the epilogue or something.

law will probably come back for the final war.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Meowywitch posted:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I love that he's wearing a suit.

Also found it kind of hilarious that it was legit difficult to find the version of that Can I get Much Higher video with the "actual" artworks when I was trying to last year.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Nyeehg posted:

So a quick question about the manga box sets. Do they ever go back in print? I got the first one but while I can find sets 3 and 4, the second set is proving harder to find (I'm in the UK).

I know that I could buy the individual volumes but I'd prefer to have the boxes if possible.

Yeah they do, especially for such a popular series as One Piece. Might take a bit though.

Sadly, VIZ just bumped up prices across the board so a reprinted run of the box sets will be more expensive than they previously were.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jiro posted:

I really hope he's joking about figuring out what the One Piece actually is..............

He's obviously just joking about taking some time to plan a few things out.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

He's obviously just joking about taking some time to plan a few things out.

"How exactly do I want this Yamato-cover story / return to shake out?"

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I see a future where people dislike the ending of the One Piece manga

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Flair posted:

I'm hoping it's pretty simple narratively speaking. then we have an extended epilogue where the crew does the trip over again visiting all their friends

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Flair posted:

its inevitable since a proportion of all readers of all mediums is completely unable to engage with any story on any level besides attempting to predict narrative outcomes and getting mad when theyre wrong. and thats not even taking into account the people who have zero taste and only engage with popular things and then performatively complain about them. and dont get me started on the people that post in this thread

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Flair posted:

Okay, now see a Nika-ish future.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Urdnot Fire posted:

Okay, now see a Nika-ish future.

Picture this: the Last Page of One Piece is blank without an ultimate resolution. It's followed by an SBS wherein Oda explains that he wants everyone to come up with their own perfect ending, because he hopes he's given everyone the capacity to dream, and as long as you have a dream, all your endings will be perfect!

Or, like, all the main characters hook up and have kids who go start their own adventures in a world where justice and dreams live side by side in harmony.

Jimbone Tallshanks fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 22, 2024

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I will riot if Luffy fucks

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Waffleman_ posted:

Luffy fucks off into the sunset.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i believe urouge will appear at elbaf to take the strawhats to the moon

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

oddium posted:

i believe urouge will appear at elbaf to take the strawhats to the moon

is that a euphemism?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

No, it’s the setup for Enel becoming the next Straw Hat.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Luffy will continue to gently caress... up the status quo

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jiro posted:

Oda taking the J.J. Abrams Mystery Box approach.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Urdnot Fire posted:

No, it’s the setup for Ralph Kramden becoming the next Straw Hat.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

is that a euphemism?

Yup

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Or, like, all the main characters hook up and have kids who go start their own adventures in a world where justice and dreams love side by side in harmony.

Also they all have stupid names like Scorpius.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Monkey D. Roger Shanks

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

The one piece is the Human Instrumentality Project which unites all of humanity’s souls into One Piece.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

The Urogunous zone???

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Flair posted:

There's always gonna be people upset by the ending. That's fine.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I cannot imagine an ending I'd actually hate, unless Luffy dies

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Luffy already died while fighting Kaido. Luckily he's too stupid to understand what that means and it just made him even stronger. :hellyeah:

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Monkey Marshall D. Shanks... I entrust you with this hat, and this cherry pie

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

RuBisCO posted:

Yeah they do, especially for such a popular series as One Piece. Might take a bit though.

Sadly, VIZ just bumped up prices across the board so a reprinted run of the box sets will be more expensive than they previously were.

Good to know, thanks. I don't mind waiting, mostly want them on hand as my little brother would really love it and I often read with/to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Is the One Piece complete series just gonna come in it's own shelf?