Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

If Johnson goes, that's pretty much a guarantee of a shutdown, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

This vote gonna be real close

Rand Paul's gonna play games in the Senate if it passes the house, just watch

pro starcraft loser posted:

If Johnson goes, that's pretty much a guarantee of a shutdown, right?

They are voting on funding right now

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

This vote gonna be real close

Are they already doing the motion to vacate?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

kazil posted:

Rand Paul's gonna play games in the Senate if it passes the house, just watch

He said he wasn't going to

Jet fumes strong man

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Good morning Trump LOLers, my views are being suppressed and all I want is to do mandatory genital checks and Save Are Country :qq: :qq:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Are they already doing the motion to vacate?

No because that'll be in two weeks unless Johnson puts it on her calendar now

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
Isn't engine exhaust "putting something in the air that causes temperature to change"? Electric jets when?

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Mulaney Power Move posted:

well probably no because contrails are just water vapor and although i don't spit about lawyerin, the ban doesn't ban actual contrails and i don't think you can go to court and claim that they're something else when they factually aren't

A chemtrails ban is also a roundabout self-own. Carbon lovers have been gradually transitioning from climate change denialism to geo-engineering which will involve/require... you guessed it: actually pumping stuff into the upper atmosphere.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Yeah this passes but it's going to be razor thin

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Does it simply need a 2/3 or also a majority of the majoirty?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

It makes putting chemicals in there illegal.

Were they doing that? No.

But now the R-Rep from Tennessee can go back to his constituents and say he did what they wanted. It's sad on so many levels.

It would actually ban cloud seeding, though. There was another article that said it could unintentionally ban harmful pollutants, but I don't think that's the case because there's a line about the chemicals being dispersed as having the EXPRESS PURPOSE of affecting weather, temperature, or sunlight - so not the unintentional effect.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

lol good. makes the chuds tossing johnson more likely.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

tek79 posted:

The chemtrails thing is funny because the guy who is all "Yeah man, shadow government has been controlling the population for decades. Ever look up and see those really high jets spraying poo poo? Yeah man, that's how they're doing it. Not me though. I read poo poo on the internet and I know what's up. It's all these other sheeple" is always the forever-broke divorced guy whose life is 100% controlled by where he can get the next bottle of cheap whiskey. Yeah dude, you're totally in control and it's everyone else that's the victim.

lol again why does the atmosphere chemistry infect the whole planet except the air space in his place.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

kazil posted:

Does it simply need a 2/3 or also a majority of the majoirty?

2/3

Majority of the majority is a House GOP rule

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Would that ban plane/drone dispersed pesticides and such?

Knowing republicans not thinking ahead, yes.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

PhazonLink posted:

lol again why does the atmosphere chemistry infect the whole planet except the air space in his place.

because they banned it...duh, keep up

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

kazil posted:

They are voting on funding right now

Oh, I'm a dumbass and thought it was vacate vote. Thanks.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Grey Cat posted:

Knowing republicans not thinking ahead, yes.

Here is the actual line I got from the article:

quote:

The bill says: "The intentional injection, release, or dispersion, by any means, of chemicals, chemical compounds, substances, or apparatus within the borders of this state into the atmosphere with the express purpose of affecting temperature, weather, or the intensity of the sunlight is prohibited."

So I don't think it applies to crop dusting or carbon emissions in with that line, but again, I'm no lawyer.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
The only chemtrails people I met IRL did have serious issues with planes dropping pesticides, yes. They did NOT believe it was actually pesticide, but instead insisted it was obviously mind control drugs being sprayed into the air/onto the food.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Need 3 more votes to pass with 25 votes left to cast

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Steadiman posted:

because they banned it...duh, keep up

so so regressive bans work on brownian motion of atmosphere gases, but libs banning guns doesnt work , except when libs ban god from schools, that works

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

lol it's a game of chicken to who's gonna be 286

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

kazil posted:

yessssssssssssssss

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I've also met people who believe in chemtrails and they all believed it was to influence behavior somehow but there was some confusion as to exactly what behavior - it's either violent crime or to make us compliant sheeple.

It's a stubborn conspiracy theory like I said, though, because if you point out what contrails are they're like "Yeah I know about contrails, I'm not saying all contrails are chemtrails, just some of them!"

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The chemtrail conspiracy is particularly stubborn because something like cloud seeding does exist so if you just explain what a contrail is they'll see "well actually have you heard of cloud seeding my man it's a real thing look it up and learn to think" and then you'll get all the empirical evidence of "I saw a bunch of chemtrails in the sky and it rained later in the day. I believe what I see!"

Airplane conspiracies in general are wild. Did you know jet fuel also is a conspiracy and doesn't exist?

It’s been a while, probably in the last thread.

But I posted a bunch of idiots talking about this. The idea was that jets only use fuel on takeoff and on climb to altitude.

Once up there, they use another secret form of propulsion, and I can’t even remember what that was. I think it was expelling some kind of cheap gas like nitrogen or some poo poo, that allowed them to cruise at altitude.

And the great Injustice of this grand conspiracy theory is that the plane lands with almost all the regular jetfuel tanks full, and so We The People have been getting ripped off for billions by the airlines because in reality they use only a tiny portion of the fuel.

Like everything else, it’s a conspiracy where there’d have to be millions of people in on this, but THEY have managed to keep it secret for decades (FRAUD!)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

2 votes needed, 19 left to vote

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Has the actual details been shared or just the dwac stock price?

https://www.axios.com/2024/03/22/trump-truth-social-dwac-merger-public

Edit: I was looking at the last 6 months of the stock and in January it spiked from $17 to $50 on the day DeSantis dropped out:

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/trump-linked-stocks-soar-after-desantis-throws-towel-2024-01-22/

Synesthesian Fetish fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 22, 2024

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost
HOLD THE LINE, PEDES!! BUY THE DIP!

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

So I don't think it applies to crop dusting or carbon emissions in with that line, but again, I'm no lawyer.

LOL so this does nothing for all the conspiracy theories that complain about the chemtrails being mind control or whatever

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Arms are getting twisted hard rn

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

1 more vote needed

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Discount Dracula posted:

HOLD THE LINE, PEDES!! BUY THE DIP!

Where did that start, /r/wallstreetbets?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kazil posted:

yessssssssssssssss

Noooooo. Why is this happening on a day when I don't have a TV and going to be in meetings all day :qq:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

LOL so this does nothing for all the conspiracy theories that complain about the chemtrails being mind control or whatever

Not if you go by the line I posted but I haven't read the whole bill. What I posted didn't mention anything about banning chemicals released in the atmosphere for mind control.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

Noooooo. Why is this happening on a day when I don't have a TV and going to be in meetings all day :qq:

Vote for MTV won't be until after the recess anyway, 2 weeks

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

We're losing votes, at 285 of 288 now, 15 left to vote (9R 6D)

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

kazil posted:

yo trump is fuckin pissed

Post itt every time you lol that it’s sooo unconstitutional

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But I want my MTV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
YOU CAN'T SEIZE PROPERTY OF CONVICTED CRIMINALS IF THERE'S NO GOVERNMENT, ONE WEIRD TRICK AGS HATE!!!