Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Cat Machine posted:

How did Luffy get his hands on Mihawk’s black paintbrush…?

Funky Valentine posted:

Luffy's scars are stickers, I knew he was a fraud this whole time.

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Eiba posted:

I was worried having all five of them show up would make them less terrifying after facing Saturn alone, but these things that rule the world are completely terrifying and disturbing.

Thinking about this and how Shanks was still able to, apparently, just walk out after meeting with them.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

BASEBALL LUFFY!!!!

Amazing chapter, amazing image.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Toadgashi with another banger for this chapter

https://x.com/Toadgashi/status/1771281454686683554?s=20

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
So with the way the straw hats seem to be gravitating to two different ships under extreme duress, does anyone else think another party split is imminent?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

So with the way the straw hats seem to be gravitating to two different ships under extreme duress, does anyone else think another party split is imminent?

usopp is with the sunny and not the giants ship and theres no way he doesnt get to elbaf, right????

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Mars' bird form is so sick

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Happy Anniversary to Captain Midd by the way.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Guy whose first CP9 operation involved him killing every single hostage: Le killing Hostages... Is le bad?!

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Chapter great. Rad as hell that the giants appear nearly immune to the Gorosei's haki.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Mars' bird form is so sick
Yeah it's my favorite of them by far. Bird with teeth is scarier than I'd thought it would be.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

No Wave posted:

Yeah it's my favorite of them by far. Bird with teeth is scarier than I'd thought it would be.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Nami has the Log Pose that points to Elbaf doesn't she? Even if they get separated there's nowhere else for them to go.

I think it's more likely that the Sunny lands on the Elbaf ship because that would look funny and I want to see it.

Besides, the two groups are hardly balanced-

Nami, Usopp, Robin, Brook, Zoro, Jimbei

Luffy, Sanji, Franky, Chopper

That's no way to divide the crew.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Guy whose first CP9 operation involved him killing every single hostage: Le killing Hostages... Is le bad?!

i don’t think Lucci gives a sweet poo poo about the ally hostages as a whole, just his foster brother/fellow nakama.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Plutonis posted:

I actually like the way this chapter shows that Lucci, despite his reckless aggression towards Luffy, really did chill out a bit during the CP9's Independent Report era.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Eiba posted:

Nami has the Log Pose that points to Elbaf doesn't she? Even if they get separated there's nowhere else for them to go.

I think it's more likely that the Sunny lands on the Elbaf ship because that would look funny and I want to see it.

Besides, the two groups are hardly balanced-

Nami, Usopp, Robin, Brook, Zoro, Jimbei

Luffy, Sanji, Franky, Chopper

That's no way to divide the crew.

Bonney, the newest straw hat, is with team Luffy. And based on power fighters those two groups are roughly balanced.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Lucci face turn coming... i can feel it... once you become Luffy's ally you are his ally for life

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Lucci finally learned the true power of the giraffe

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Just so we’re on the same page

Lucci is the leader of cp zero so professionally, Kaku is his subordinate.

Lucci is asking them to save his partner when it shows Kaku.

When he uses the term, he’s not just referring to them being on the same team. well kind of

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
drat, a THREE WEEK break?!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

A three week break before the make out sesh between kaku and lucci

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Cat Machine posted:

How did Luffy get his hands on Mihawk’s black paintbrush…?

lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo that chapter was so loving good. Baseball Luffy is loving amazing.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The cover piece is so good, I really want all three of them to join the Straw Hats at least through Elbaf

Oda has been getting better at killing off characters the last few arcs, though

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Just so we’re on the same page

Lucci is the leader of cp zero so professionally, Kaku is his subordinate.

Lucci is asking them to save his partner when it shows Kaku.

When he uses the term, he’s not just referring to them being on the same team. well kind of

Lucci is not the CP Zero Leader he is one of it's Masked Agents. He and Kaku are of equal rank.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

Lucci is not the CP Zero Leader he is one of it's Masked Agents. He and Kaku are of equal rank.

you’re right actually Spandam is the leader and Hattori is the true master mind anyway

(:ssh: it’s a joke, but Lucci always feels like he’s in charge)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lucci is very much a follower. a competent, trustworthy follower that can be granted some measure of authority, but still a follower. i very much doubt the system that raised and employed him would appreciate anything else.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I wonder if Baseball Luffy will be nicknamed Yakyūffy in the japanese fanbase. It’s a good name imo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

i don’t think Lucci gives a sweet poo poo about the ally hostages as a whole, just his foster brother/fellow nakama.

Yeah he probably doesnt give a poo poo about the other cp9 dudes but its funny him going all hypocritical about kaku

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

lucci is very much a follower. a competent, trustworthy follower that can be granted some measure of authority, but still a follower. i very much doubt the system that raised and employed him would appreciate anything else.

Lucci takes orders but not from Kaku or anyone like that

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

what if he is, secretely, to himself, also really, really into giraffes

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Whomst among us….???

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Kaku is awesome.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Crazy how Zoro goes to extreme difficulty with Rob Lucci and doesnt even fully KO him, meanwhile Jimbei shows up and one shots him (while holding zoro) and knocks him out of his zoan form completely. Makes u think whos really the wing here ....

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Lucci gonna jump Jimbei next time for revenge (thus actually fulfilling his intended job for the first time)

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

mabels big day posted:

Crazy how Zoro goes to extreme difficulty with Rob Lucci and doesnt even fully KO him, meanwhile Jimbei shows up and one shots him (while holding zoro) and knocks him out of his zoan form completely. Makes u think whos really the wing here ....

it actually makes me wonder if seeing Death after his last fight had a lasting effect on him. it doesn't feel like he should have had this much trouble even with a juiced up Lucci

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Jimbei waited till Zoro had Lucci at 1HP then went for the killsteal

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Well he's still getting up after that.

'I didn't hear no bell!!!' - Lucci, probably

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Okay but seriously where is Stussy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Eiba posted:

So many amazing images! Mars looming over Lucci, and Lucci's reaction. Sheer divine terror.

Saturn, Warcury and Ju Peter's dark forms looming out of the flames as Luffy explains they're invincible.

Even with the Giants here, the Gorosei feel almost insurmountable. This is another Whole Cake situation where victory just means escape. I was worried having all five of them show up would make them less terrifying after facing Saturn alone, but these things that rule the world are completely terrifying and disturbing.

And now they've made contact with York. The Strawhats might get away today, but this doesn't bode well for the future.

Part of me wonders why the Gorosei don't just take out any potential threats on their own like Big Mom and Kaido teaming up to take over the world. But I guess their strength wouldn't be enough to take them down, while Big Mom/Kaido couldn't actually kill them thus leading to a stalemate, rendering the whole thing pointless. I guess it's better for them to maintain the status quo unless they're forced to wipe out the world and start over again.

e:

Bleck posted:

Thinking about this and how Shanks was still able to, apparently, just walk out after meeting with them.

My guess is that, at the time, Shanks was as interested in maintaining the status quo just as much as the Gorosei are, except now he's decided to slam the "Find the One Piece" button to force a change in the world now that Luffy has achieved his Nika form which he, presumably, was betting on all this time.

Then again, a lot of people think the person Shanks was referring to in his meeting was Blackbeard when in fact I think it was Luffy. I think Shanks is playing 4D chess and intentionally baited the Gorosei into getting Luffy to achieve his Nika form. How Shanks knows all this I don't know.

e2:

For people complaining about Lucci not going down immediately, I think that whole scene is just there to re-emphasize how resilient awakened Zoan devil fruit users are.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Mar 23, 2024