Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Scallop Eyes posted:

Gege is just tiring us out so that when he brings out Todo with a hook hand and Nobara with an eyepatch we're just ready to accept it no questions asked.

Ive been ready for this since the culling games started

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

Next chapter: Sukuna says the n word

Nobara?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The fights going on really long, but it’s def ebbed and flowed in quality and interest. I think the Gojo fake out sucked, because rug pulls suck late in a story. I’ve looked back on the show downs and the only real lame parts have been judgeman throwing the sword being nothing, and old man lightning just getting off screened.

Miguel coming back is such a strange development. It does feel like something Gojo related is gonna be revealed, because gojo sent Miguel and Yuta abroad.

I’m still invested but yeah, I can only handle so many false endings.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
I'm keen on seeing what made Gojo think "this guy got some hands" and send Yuta to train with him.

And since I'm actually enjoying the manga week to week, I'm not frustrated that the story isn't coming to a close already so I can move on with my life or whatever.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
there's an intentionality to the way sukuna steamrolls through the competition that i like. for as often as fodder bounce off him there's though little moments where someone gets a good hit in, really commits to the idea of a god that requires an army to take down.

this battle is definitely long but it's still been fun seeing all the different ways sorcerers are tryna kill the king. hakari hasn't even gone yet! i'd read another year of this.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I for one think it has been very interesting to tune into the Sukuna Show every week for the past year

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Tosk posted:

I for one think it has been very interesting to tune into the Sukuna Show every week for the past year

you know it's funny you use that reference because this is kinda like being a Carnage fan and watching the Cletus Kasady Show

Cletus and Sukuna would probably bro-fist before trying to murder each other

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

did they ever divulge who mei mei was speaking w after ditching shibuya?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

loving Miguel man, gege really does have me guessing who's gonna be next

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Her stock broker, is what I thought

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Thinking back on other big bad fights like this, and my favorite moments in them, I'm really hoping Sukuna gets run over by a car/truck, preferably driven by a useless character (Miwa maybe?)

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I'm really hoping there isn't a "next" because it will start to get repetitive. I feel like Sukuna attacking UI Ui means this is the end of the gauntlet for now though. Surely the next cut will either be to Hakari vs Uraume or Shoko.

It feels like most of the Uraume fight is just gonna be offscreened. If we think about how much time has passed with Sukuna fighting Higuruma, Yuji and Yuta, Maki and then Kusakabe, it can't have long to go either

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

We're gonna get Momo vs. Sukuna

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

We're gonna get Momo vs. Sukuna

I would unironically enjoy that, I miss Momo. I feel like the whole "people without RCT don't have to fight" thing was an excuse to not have to try *every* character's attempt to take on Sukuna though. Of course, now that Miguel has entered the fight, who the hell knows.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Shinjobi posted:

Next chapter we finally see Gojo's legs finish what the torso started

imagine :goku: but in gojo colors

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

There's one last heavy hitter that hasn't made a pass at Sukuna, and if Yuta has already been here for awhile....

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

i think it's pretty likely that between kusakabe full on doing a gojo parody and hitting the honored one pose and the sheer comedic stupidity of having a dude show up who isn't even in this manga, plus sukuna finally engaging with the ui ui of it all, we are headed for the punchline and paradigm shift next chapter

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Valentin posted:

i think it's pretty likely that between kusakabe full on doing a gojo parody and hitting the honored one pose and the sheer comedic stupidity of having a dude show up who isn't even in this manga, plus sukuna finally engaging with the ui ui of it all, we are headed for the punchline and paradigm shift next chapter

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. It just felt self-parodic to have the last couple chapters building up Kusakabe only to immediately chump out without actually accomplishing anything (at least Maki got him in the heart, Higuruma deprived him of a powerful cursed tool, etc.), it really feels like this has run out of steam, there just has to be a payoff soon to Ui Ui and the other things going on in the background.

Gakuganji is totally stitching together a cursed corpse out of all the traits that got a compliment from Sukuna before he killed them. Then Sukuna will gain a bestest buddy and never have to be lonely and angry again.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

There's one last heavy hitter that hasn't made a pass at Sukuna, and if Yuta has already been here for awhile....

Who are you thinking of?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

In terms of fighting manga finales this is now practically on the level of Kaguya showing up in Naruto.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Tosk posted:

Who are you thinking of?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I don't think Takaba's gonna be fighting for a while.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
in fifteen years people are still going to be arguing over whether the demon slayer or jujutsu kaisen animes had a better entire final arc whole remaining cast group boss fight

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
KnY fell off after the Kokushibo fight, so JJK is already winning that for me by holding steady even post Gojo.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Officials up btw

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-254/chapter/42065?action=read

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1020428

Kusakabe throwing hands after his sword breaks is still real cool didn't realize he sent Sukuna flying when reading TCB's translation.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I don't think Takaba's gonna be fighting for a while.

Itd be funny if he did though, so he will

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

My issue with a chapter like this is that Kusakabe has been a background guy for a while and then we get essentially 1.5 chapters hyping him up and he reveals his kind of cool/broken technique but its against the invincible final boss so doesn't really accomplish anything. Like normally if you hold out on a person's power for a long time theyre supposed to surprise you and defeat whatever they are facing, but this is like "Wow cool, look at what he can do! oh btw it had no effect lol"

Gege's plotting decisions continue to baffle me

Also this entire fight is this:

https://twitter.com/primawesome/status/1178671690261286918?lang=en

Jujutsu Society: Sukuna keeps killing our sorcerers so we find new ones to send into battle

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

At some point Gege is gonna run out then he'll have to go to another manga and that's when we get Roboco in here and that's when Sukuna is truly finished.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Electric Phantasm posted:

At some point Gege is gonna run out then he'll have to go to another manga and that's when we get Roboco in here and that's when Sukuna is truly finished.

If Roboco flying knees sukuna and instakills him I'd mark out tbh

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. It just felt self-parodic to have the last couple chapters building up Kusakabe only to immediately chump out without actually accomplishing anything (at least Maki got him in the heart, Higuruma deprived him of a powerful cursed tool, etc.), it really feels like this has run out of steam, there just has to be a payoff soon to Ui Ui and the other things going on in the background.

Gakuganji is totally stitching together a cursed corpse out of all the traits that got a compliment from Sukuna before he killed them. Then Sukuna will gain a bestest buddy and never have to be lonely and angry again.

I'd be more likely to think this is a buildup to a solid reveal if it hadn't been for, well, the entire Culling Games arc. A lot of nonsense that amounted to just about nothing means less faith that the current nonsense will have a payoff.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm sure there will be a big twist but I really hope it's something genuinely satisfying and not like "Oh look, we managed to heal all the people who were badly injured/dead" or god forbid "turns out Gojo is alive" or whatever. I'm not sure what else it could be that requires the corpse cleanup but as long as it isn't that I'll be fine.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Shouko appears to unveil her new corpse-centric secret technique, with her at its center:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G0dahUF_X4

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I'm sure there will be a big twist but I really hope it's something genuinely satisfying and not like "Oh look, we managed to heal all the people who were badly injured/dead" or god forbid "turns out Gojo is alive" or whatever. I'm not sure what else it could be that requires the corpse cleanup but as long as it isn't that I'll be fine.

Gojo and Higurumi will come back as the new Panda cores and Panda will join the fray. For exactly one chapter.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
this is just getting really silly at this point lol

like whatever gege is going for it surely doesn't need to be this drawn out with sukuna individually destroying every single character who's ever appeared

lispy-goon
Jan 9, 2019
Well, on the other hand, this is a great technique for stalling for time while you're thinking about next plot development without having to ask for a hiatus.

With just this one fight, Gege just brought himself almost a year to plan the big picture, while slowly feeding Sukuna one character after another.

Or maybe not, who knows? :P

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022
https://twitter.com/enushi_saba/status/1771101072649498949

https://twitter.com/enushi_saba/status/1771101072649498949

quote:

I’ll tell you why I don’t like “Jujutsu Kaisen”. Sukuna is extremely strong and he’s the final enemy, so it’s natural to think that some of the main characters will die. So, the team of protagonists must have planned their strategy against the King of Curses. In fact, they had a month to prepare, and they had “cheated” (referring to Yuta’s statement), so they should have several “safeties” prepared. But what do we see so far in the arc? Each of them rushes into battle against Sukuna without a second thought and ends up torn to pieces. Even Satoru Gojo, the strongest of them all, ended up split in half for entering the battle without any precaution or any plan. Megumi Fushiguro’s suicidal behavior is also really boring. The story is being unnecessarily dragged out.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The battle isn’t over yet so I think it’s too early to say they don’t have a plan

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RatHat posted:

The battle isn’t over yet so I think it’s too early to say they don’t have a plan

It seems odd their plan would involve 3/4ths of the remaining cast being killed or horrifyingly maimed.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

It seems odd their plan would involve 3/4ths of the remaining cast being killed or horrifyingly maimed.

sure but we wont KNOW that its odd until we know how it ends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Their plan is the Zapp Brannigan strategy, from his book "Zap Brannigan's big book of War"